Force Powers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346264 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
I'm starting to get that. Like I said, consider taking some time to explore this place- don't interact, just explore, and figure out where you want to be, then go from there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346268 by

Dakini wrote: I, too, was awakened spiritually by their teachings, especially on the stones and chakras.

Oh yes stones are an incredibly powerful source of ancient knowledge! Some of the new age crystal stuff has gone a bit wonky but if you can center on the deep wisdom of the stones much can be learned. They are a source and guide for considerably enlightening spirit journies!

More
4 years 4 months ago #346269 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: So what if my cup is full though?

Allow me to present a less traditional analogy:

You have two hands. In each, you're holding an orange. You ask us for an apple. You refuse to put down your oranges, though, so you cannot take the apple. You don't have a free hand with which to accept it.

You need to let go of some of your oranges (preconceived notions) in order to accept the apple of teaching offered here.

Does this make sense?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346271 by
it might be wiser, now, to start a new thread in a more appropriate area of the forums. I'll leave that to whoever chooses to do so, now that we've established that such places exist.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346272 by

steamboat28 wrote:

You have two hands. In each, you're holding an orange. You ask us for an apple. You refuse to put down your oranges, though, so you cannot take the apple. You don't have a free hand with which to accept it.

You need to let go of some of your oranges (preconceived notions) in order to accept the apple of teaching offered here.

Does this make sense?

Yes but my point is, am I required to take your apple in order to be accepted here or can I come in here with my two oranges and still be a jedi in your eyes? Is this place prejudice against my oranges or accepting that i prefer oranges over apples?

Please tell me what makes your apple (notions) better than my oranges?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346274 by

Fyxe wrote:

steamboat28 wrote:

Does this make sense?

Yes but my point is, am I required to take your apple in order to be accepted here or can I come in here with my two oranges and still be a jedi in your eyes? Is this place prejudice against my oranges or accepting that i prefer oranges over apples?

Please tell me what makes your apple (notions) better than my oranges?

Eh, that's a really iffy analogy on your part, fyxe. Perhaps more useful to just say, "No thanks, I'm good for now, nice apples, though", since that seems to be where you're at? just do you, and remember that the apples are available when you've finished with the oranges?

After all, it's right there in the first teaching- "We are forever learning". No one's telling you to empty your cup right now, or to abandon your oranges, just know, eventually, you'll notice more room in the cup, or a hand has become free. You've got free refills, and we have plenty apples to share :)
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by .

More
4 years 4 months ago #346275 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: Please tell me what makes your apple (notions) better than my oranges?

Because you're literally asking for the apples.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346279 by

steamboat28 wrote:

Fyxe wrote: Please tell me what makes your apple (notions) better than my oranges?

Because you're literally asking for the apples.

I dont want to get rid of the orange though. I want to add the apple and the banana and strawberries and grapes and stuff to make a fruit salad!!

More
4 years 4 months ago #346280 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
I used to be as stubborn

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346282 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote:
For the record i have NEVER said anyone must believe as i do.

I understood this was an all encompassing place that accepted all weird beliefs and wanted to share mine.

I was shocked at responses. People accusing me of dictating and not having the empty cup thing. So what if my cup is full though? I just asked for opinions not that YOU MUST BELIEVE LIKE ME! but people jumping to this all the time and make me feel hubris and all I wanted was interaction.

What you've been getting is interaction.

You are right that this place is accepting and welcomes all who are willing to participate within the bounds of common courtesy and the terms of service.

And you are most certainly welcome to share your weird beliefs.

But this isn't supposed to be your private echo chamber, where you can say anything and people will just nod along and say "far out man!". Expect people to disagree with you. Expect people to want you to explain your theories a bit more. This confrontation of ideas makes everyone grow.

That constant tossing around of fruit helps everyone decide what to keep and what to trim in order to make the best fruit salad.

All that said, I can teach you telekinesis. PM me to get the full details of the limited edition, exclusive content you will be able to access with only one low payment of $19,999.99!

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Manu. Reason: Price went up
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, OB1Shinobi, Rex, Malicious

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi