Force Powers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346184 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
Why do you take that as a threat? Change perhaps or the unknown which is often scary yet i do not sense any threat yet more of an expression of mind growth. As jedi some do grow in their thinking patterns

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346185 by
Lol seems like everything I say is seem very negatively. I didnt mean a REAL revolution. I just meant it seems there are a lot here that believe in force powers and maybe can get together and talk about it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346186 by
Steamboat...honestly you take no one seriously except yourself mr ordained person who is going to show us the ways of the force. Yet also you come on here talking condescendingly and say this temple is a waste of time then back to your life is what i get from your vibes here. Why are you even here and oh congrats on your son by the way. Yet some things are just not lining up with you and i am curious to know more for you've said some whiney things lately.
Is everything okay and if you ever need support we are here for you just so you know. Hope your well and mtfbwy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346188 by
I understood what you meant and energy is like a tuning fork that you'll attract the same energies yet a certain percentage will only understand you. There are many energies here and not saying your feeling bad yet also i am proud of you for saying what you said. Stand your ground and believe always for you said something people needed to hear. If they get offended it's usually for a good reason for you pushed their boundaries a little which most people will react like that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #346190 by
Don't we manipulate energy all the time? It's in the form of electricity, gathering energy from wind, fuels, using tools to achieve such ends that people would call you a wizard for, had you traveled back in time and showed all the technological marvels we have done. And the mind itself is much more powerful than you think. I mean all have an aura. Who is to say that using one's aura cannot achieve certain effects. We're already achieving that, just through different means. How can someone even say they believe in gods or the force, but thinks that manipulation of any kind of force with our body and mind is impossible. Lots of things we used to think was impossible, yet people, one after another, proved them wrong.

It also depends on how it's done as using the force or magic or anything is more subtle than people may imagine and anyone who has practiced it knows what I'm talking about. If I do blessing on someone, it has taken affect. It depends all on the person being affected much like how chemicals may have different effects on different people. Some will be able to absorb energy and connect with it more easily than others. But just because one hasn't seen it, doesn't mean it didn't take affect. I mean our actions and words cause great influence. Look at all the speakers we have and musicians. They constantly influence others to inspire to feel certain emotions or feel certain things.. Who is to say uttering certain words, in a certain time and performing certain actions can't perform powers? Thing is it's not all like how it is in the movies and the problem is when people claim to do certain things, people will assume they are claiming to do what the movies show. Or like how there are fake psychics even though there are real psychics in the mix and you have to find the right one.

I have witnessed certain psychokinetic events, rituals ect. And know they are all very real. I know some who claim such powers can be fakes, but it isn't wise to dismiss it as all trickery. Powers are usually known by experiencing and cannot all be observed through a microscope. And that also shows that because one does not see it it doesn't mean it isn't there. We can't see germs without a certain lens. Does that mean germs never existed until we found them? No they were always there. We needed a certain lens to see it. And the third eye is often the "lens" you need to see things your eyes can't see.

I sometimes think that a disbeliever will not believe it in because one may not want to even if it is in front of their face. Even if they know deep down they have experienced things that no text book could explain or any science teacher could touch on. Because the idea of people having certain powers scares people. Wouldn't it scare you to know there may be people who can use certain abilities, to manipulate others and could use them for good but also ill will, and that there are dimensional beings one cannot even see directly but know deep down they are there? I think it may scare some others because certain things are not what people understand or want to understand and so they may call them crazy because they don't know what else to call them when they hear something not of the status quo and goes beyond their level of comprehension. I'm not going to pretend every single thing in the bible and other spiritual texts is 100% correct because it isn't. Some are exaggerations or just lies but there is some truth to this. Can't pretend everyone who claims such powers is telling the truth because some do lie and make stuff up, but that doesn't mean the power does not exist just because that person cannot wield it.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346191 by
Well I hope the knights and mods are paying attention, now.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #346193 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers

Mira wrote: The elephant is held there by telepathy not telekinesis though right?

This was a popular trope in motivational speaking for a time. Baby elephants get chained around their ankle and the chain is attached to a stake in the ground. As babies, they are not strong enough to pull the stake out. Eventually they accept that they are stuck to that spot and for the rest of their lives will accept their fate even though as adults they are strong enough to escape if they would only try. This is the trope, anyway, and its used to suggest to people that their limitations are only in their minds: that they could escape the chains of their own lives if only they would realize their own power.
While i do actually support the idea that empowering messages can help people improve themselves, the reality of this trope is that its BS: elephants are highly intelligent and adaptive and will keep pushing and prodding against captivity for their entire lives. Once an elephant is big and strong enough to pull the stake out of the ground, it will pull the stake out of the ground and run away. Which totally defeats the intended message of the elephant trope.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Kit, Rex,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 5 months ago #346198 by
This topic was only started by one person who ask a simple Yes or no question.
" can anyone teach me telekinesis"

It seems like most of the people on this forum either in no way can help or dont even understand what's going on. should maybe move to a different Topic.

More
4 years 5 months ago #346199 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Force Powers

forceuser wrote: This topic was only started by one person who ask a simple Yes or no question.
" can anyone teach me telekinesis"

...and we answered.

No.
It doesn't fit with our model of reality.
It doesn't fit with our goals.
It's a waste of time to seek power without control.

Simple answers. That person just didn't like them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, , Malicious

More
4 years 5 months ago #346201 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Force Powers

forceuser wrote: It seems like most of the people on this forum either in no way can help or dont even understand what's going on. should maybe move to a different Topic.

How dare we respectfully respond to a question that's explicitly answered in the FAQ and Doctrine.

Speaking for myself, if you have telepathic powers change my mind, otherwise maybe you should move on to a forum that does teach you to level up your force powers. It's not like asking one more time, I'll all relent and go "Aw damn, we do know the secrets to these fictional powers, and were just joking with you. Since you mildly annoyed me by asking over and over, I'll teach you how to break the nature of reality."

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi