Force Powers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346078 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
Yes yes quite true. I am still not sure about the "patient" part though.

For the record, I dont like rex and he doesnt like me and so I dont think our interactions will end fairly. However for you rosalyn I will hear him out. Does he send an PM to me? Right now i still want to progress.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346079 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Why do you want to progress?

For the record, you can continue to study the rest of the IP without any change in rank

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346080 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: For the record, I dont like rex and he doesnt like me and so I dont think our interactions will end fairly. However for you rosalyn I will hear him out. Does he send an PM to me? Right now i still want to progress.

Be careful about believing that you dislike people and that they dislike you: its a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Look, ive been here several years and I have gone back and forth in disagreements and sometimes even maybe hostilities with- hell i dont even know how many people, lol, some of them are posting here in this thread. As individuals within a social group, many of us find ourselves at odds with some other individual/s over some issue, at some time. As imperfect human beings, its not uncommon that emotions become agitated and language becomes combative or at least, competitive and blunt. With this being said, i think MOST of us would agree that even the people we tend to disagree with still bring value to this space. Some of us have come to like people that we thought we didnt or couldnt like as we got to know them better over time and even where we might not say we “like” each other, we can still value one another simply because we recognize our shared connection as long term participants in this community.

So, dont be so quick to dislike us — or to believe that we dislike you.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Proteus, Rosalyn J, Rex

More
4 years 4 months ago #346083 by Zero
Replied by Zero on topic Force Powers
Fyxe, I will take over the checking of your journal, as I said I would when you finished lesson 1. And I Will pm you with my suggestions. All that being said, my first suggestion is that you need to make a deal with me to be open to others ideas, and In return I promise not to shoot down any of your ideas (but may ask for clarification on things I don’t understand). I’m sure Rex will have no problem with this arrangement. Sound fair to everyone?

Master Zero
House of Orion
TOTJO Council Member
Head Moderator and Education Administration Member
Journals- IP / Apprentice / Knight / BDiv / MDiv / Personal
My Apprentice: Morkano
Knighted Apprentices: Diana W, Atania, Ashria, Tannis Yarl, Tavi, Rini, Khwang

”Everything that exists in this world has a hidden meaning within. When you look deeper at things, beyond initial appearance, you discover their true reality.”

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346088 by
Sure that all sounds good. I just want to be treated fair. So who ever is capable of that I will work with.

As for progressing, why would a rank exist other than to be earned and used? I mean it seems silly that a rank exists, and I have earned its awarding but dont get that because someone like... well I'll just say whoever... wants to nitpick my posts so hard they alone say I dont earn it.

I just want what is fair and what I'm deserved. If I do t deserve it yet so be it, but I want to know I didnt earn it on merit and not because someone have an issue with me.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346090 by

Fyxe wrote: Sure that all sounds good. I just want to be treated fair. So who ever is capable of that I will work with.

As for progressing, why would a rank exist other than to be earned and used? I mean it seems silly that a rank exists, and I have earned its awarding but dont get that because someone like... well I'll just say whoever... wants to nitpick my posts so hard they alone say I dont earn it.

I just want what is fair and what I'm deserved. If I do t deserve it yet so be it, but I want to know I didnt earn it on merit and not because someone have an issue with me.

You assume he's incapable of being objective or impartial for having open disagreements, in the same discussion where you clearly frame "fairness" as not criticizing you, if not giving you positive feedback. You assume that fairness, where you are involved, means "things go how you want". I think this is a rather telling assumption on your part, that you openly express a deliberately one-sided perspective, and insist that you cannot be the source of your troubles, it has to be someone or something outside of yourself. It speaks to an uncritical adherence to circular reasoning, regardless if it is productive, and a lacking in self awareness, and it's hard to argue you're open to trust if it's so easy to lose, and, dare I say, unreasonably conditional. These are all stumbling blocks along your path, again, tied heavily to your ego. Work on that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346092 by
Sorry kelrax but your just wrong. I'm not your child so don't speak to me in your condescending tone. I will be treated like an adult or you will be ignored. Who do you think you are?

More
4 years 4 months ago #346093 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers

Fyxe wrote: Sorry kelrax but your just wrong. I'm not your child so don't speak to me in your condescending tone. I will be treated like an adult or you will be ignored. Who do you think you are?

In order to not infer tone over text where none may exist, I find it useful to read it with a smile

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346094 by

Fyxe wrote: Sorry kelrax but your just wrong. I'm not your child so don't speak to me in your condescending tone. I will be treated like an adult or you will be ignored. Who do you think you are?

-shrug- I don't hold any importance/authority here, so, ignore me if you like (big threat, there; you've mostly done so anyway). But don't kid yourself- not liking what I say is not the same as what I said being wrong.

Again, you resent people simply for "how they talk to you", and you don't consider what they've actually said. You assume that you're right, they're wrong, and criticism can only come from a place a malice, thereby rendering it incorrect. Frankly, you're displaying a very immature attitude, and I thought it was in your best interest that someone call you on it, especially if you aspire to more closely emulate the Jedi of fiction. You can't tell me you think you'll progress anywhere if you're so thin-skinned and egotistical?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346095 by

Rosalyn J wrote:

In order to not infer tone over text where none may exist, I find it useful to read it with a smile

Wiser than I am, Ros, that's what YOU are.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi