Force Powers

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346250 by
Replied by on topic Force Powers
OH! very cool! thanks Rosalyn! I never saw that before!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #346251 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Force Powers

ZealotX wrote: If Radin is not lending credence to "force powers" then is he in this video at least revealing something I don't already know about quantum physics? If so, I'll watch.

Mhh, probably not. He barely even talks about quantum theory at all. Frankly, if instead of the double slit setup he bought he had said there was some other kind of device he was testing psychic manipulations of, I can't think of a way how that would make the claim different. The quantum is in there mostly for the woo factor, but it's not anywhere near present enough to matter anyhow. So I doubt you'd learn much about quantum physics from it unless you really never heard of any of it before. I frankly learned more about psychological experimental methods and controls from it than about quantum physics...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
4 years 4 months ago #346252 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
Would it be too much, Fyxe, to ask you to consider alternative options as opposed to jumping to conclusions which paint a place you are trying to learn from in a bad light?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Gisteron, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346254 by

Rosalyn J wrote: Would it be too much, Fyxe, to ask you to consider alternative options as opposed to jumping to conclusions which paint a place you are trying to learn from in a bad light?

What do you mean? I want to consider alternative options always? Did I jump to a conclusion in someplace?

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #346256 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Force Powers
See here

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Health-physical-fitness-and-wellbeing/123109-force-powers?start=170#346237

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rosalyn J.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346257 by
ok?? what does it mean?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346258 by
You saw mention of "Christian Jedi"; nothing beyond the fact that they exist, assumed they were not only here but given special space and privelage over everyone else, secretly running this place, and instead of checking to see if any of that was true, you just ran with it. That's what that means.

You can't learn much of anything operating like that.

I'm starting to see a new pattern, here, and I'd rather be helpful if I can. It seems like you either want or just need more direct instruction, I've noticed others are willing to point you directly to some things, here, and you respond pretty well to that. We don't do dedicated one-on-one instruction, you don't qualify for apprenticeship until you reach the rank of Initiate, and even the apprentices frequently are one of multiple students commanding the attention of their masters. But, in spite of how these conversations are going, most of us ARE open to being helpful, however we can.

I think we all could have been saved a lot of grief if either: someone pointed you to metaphysical studies in the first place, or, you had asked someone directly, where within the temple could I go for discussion of this pet topic of mine? Not, "When do I get powers?" That horse is dead, but, "I want to talk about this, where can I do that?"

I'm actually surprised none of us thought to do that sooner...

Rather than keep telling you about how I don't like your attitude, which has worked so well for myself and others (I'm being sarcastic, there), I would advise you to explore this place, and get a feel for it, and whoever you prefer to work with more directly for assistance, well, just ask, man.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346259 by
Well no actually I saw a Christian jedi thing in the name thread from one of the founders.. I think? And then james asked me the question to which I replied honestly for clarification only to find he was just teasing me again as well. I want to fit in but I cant seem to find a rhythm here that anyone likes. I never knew about the meta place cuz it's like buried in another forum like in the back of that. So I never looked that far and I dont even know if I had access before I was a member. There seems to be lots of new places after that available and its sorta overwhelming to keep up. I asked rosalyn if we could do ip stuff together but not sure how that would work?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346261 by
Ok, well, as a member, you should have access to the Discord, where we have a chat dedicated to "IP Study Hall", so there's that, and if you take some time to search through the forums, you might find a similar resource right here in the Temple.

Like I said, the IP is structured and set up to be done on your own initiative, and at your own pace. If you've got someone willing to work with you directly, awesome, it's just not the default practice here.

It sounds like things are starting to make a morepositive turn, here. Don't be in too big a rush to fit in, you'll find your niche, eventually.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 4 months ago #346262 by
Very much good and maybe I come on too strong but I'm excited to be here. For the record i have NEVER said anyone must believe as i do. I understood this was an all encompassing place that accepted all weird beliefs and wanted to share mine. I was shocked at responses. People accusing me of dictating and not having the empty cup thing. So what if my cup is full though? I just asked for opinions not that YOU MUST BELIEVE LIKE ME! but people jumping to this all the time and make me feel hubris and all I wanted was interaction.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi