Is the light and dark?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313404 by
Replied by on topic Is the light and dark?

Alethea Thompson wrote: If you can’t be bothered to meet the lowest standard, you’re just looking for a cool name.

Pretty much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #313416 by Alethea Thompson
Kyrin, no one has to conform to the world.

So let me ask you: Why would you want to be called something you don’t believe in the definition of? The answer falls into 3 categories really:

1) You’re looking to exploit the movement.
2) You’re looking for a cool title.
3) You want a community and believe the only way to be accepted is by pretending to be one of them.

#1 is unhonorable, and realistically the only way to protect the group would be to expose them.

#2 may be an indication the individual need to take more time considering what they really want to do/get out of life.

#3 is unhealthy and the individual needs psychological assistance more than they need the name. Clearly there are self-esteem issues present.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Alethea Thompson.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi,

More
6 years 3 months ago #313418 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Is the light and dark?

Alethea Thompson wrote: Kyrin, no one has to conform to the world.

So let me ask you: Why would you want to be called something you don’t believe in the definition of? The answer falls into 3 categories really:

1) You’re looking to exploit the movement.
2) You’re looking for a cool title.
3) You want a community and believe the only way to be accepted is by pretending to be one of them.

#1 is unhonorable, and realistically the only way to protect the group would be to expose them.

#2 may be an indication the individual need to take more time considering what they really want to do/get out of life.

#3 is unhealthy and the individual needs psychological assistance more than they need the name. Clearly there are self-esteem issues present.

This right here, Thank you...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #313427 by

No the answer does not fall into one of your 3 categories. It’s not that I don’t believe in “the definition”, I just don’t believe in YOUR definition. Honestly what gives you the authority over me to dictate to me what definition I should find valid? Where did that definition come from? I mean originally? Who made those first footsteps in virgin sand to begin Jediism? Who first thought up the idea and what basis did they use to define it? A set of movies? A set of ancient religions? Can you prove any of those are true or correct interpretations of life? If I see something different in any or all of that, what makes me wrong?

This temple has a doctrine. Part of that doctrine says Jedi do not believe in the Death Penalty. So if there is a person here that does believe in the Death Penalty does that make him something less than a Jedi? He does not conform to the “minimum standard” set forth in this temple so he must not be a Jedi according to your rule, right?

I have studied at this temple for over 2 years. And in that time I have come to learn something that I truly believe. That I follow a path the Jedi were truly meant to follow but have become lost in. I believe the movies hint at this and I believe the ancient teachings scream this. Because of this I don’t call myself a Jedi. I call myself a Je’daii, which I believe is the actual core of what a Force Realist is meant to be. I continue to study this path, one of true gray balance, and I continue to Journal here according to their ancient ways.

I study the 9 temples and one day when I graduate from Journeyer to Ranger I hope to take my place as a Knight here and teach others what I have learned. It is a “Jedi” path just not your path and I believe this place remains open and inclusive enough for this. Carlos states it all the time, the path is what you want to make it. This is what I want to make it and you have no right to say mine is not valid because of a set of parameters you define. It is a Force Realist path just as yours is, just not one walked in your footsteps.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

More
6 years 3 months ago #313431 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

No the answer does not fall into one of your 3 categories. It’s not that I don’t believe in “the definition”, I just don’t believe in YOUR definition. Honestly what gives you the authority over me to dictate to me what definition I should find valid? Where did that definition come from? I mean originally? Who made those first footsteps in virgin sand to begin Jediism? Who first thought up the idea and what basis did they use to define it? A set of movies? A set of ancient religions? Can you prove any of those are true or correct interpretations of life? If I see something different in any or all of that, what makes me wrong?

This temple has a doctrine. Part of that doctrine says Jedi do not believe in the Death Penalty. So if there is a person here that does believe in the Death Penalty does that make him something less than a Jedi? He does not conform to the “minimum standard” set forth in this temple so he must not be a Jedi according to your rule, right?

I have studied at this temple for over 2 years. And in that time I have come to learn something that I truly believe. That I follow a path the Jedi were truly meant to follow but have become lost in. I believe the movies hint at this and I believe the ancient teachings scream this. Because of this I don’t call myself a Jedi. I call myself a Je’daii, which I believe is the actual core of what a Force Realist is meant to be. I continue to study this path, one of true gray balance, and I continue to Journal here according to their ancient ways.

I study the 9 temples and one day when I graduate from Journeyer to Ranger I hope to take my place as a Knight here and teach others what I have learned. It is a “Jedi” path just not your path and I believe this place remains open and inclusive enough for this. Carlos states it all the time, the path is what you want to make it. This is what I want to make it and you have no right to say mine is not valid because of a set of parameters you define. It is a Force Realist path just as yours is, just not one walked in your footsteps.

Truly - our hilts and our color of saber and our ways of wielding are difrent . They have to be. They obviously are. They are as valid and as valuable as mine. I wield several as opposed to single .
Words.
That being said: some day my hope is in the prosess of this reveleation- we don't hack and singe other and ourselfs with the diffrence s. Identify the diffrence and make your choice . Stand tall. Stand proud . Learn and grow . When we as Jedi become ingulfed at who's right and who's wrong the learn... tends to decrease and defense and offense begins. There IS no compotition , only the compotition we choose.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #313432 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: There IS no compotition , only the compotition we choose.

I agree, but is not running a race alone just a healthy jog? It may not be a competition, but is not running in a group a good way of measuring your ability? Doesn't mean coming last is bad, just means there is room for improvement. And it doesn't mean those in first don't need to train, in fact they must train the most to be the example, something to aspire to.

Running a race alone can be training, but you'll never know how you're doing. EDIT: If you're measuring on your own, that's pretty much self-delusion.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313434 by
It always takes one to set the pace...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgnJ8GpsBG8

More
6 years 3 months ago #313435 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Is the light and dark?
And yet others to acknowledge it.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

More
6 years 3 months ago #313438 by Carlos.Martinez3

Arisaig wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: There IS no compotition , only the compotition we choose.

I agree, but is not running a race alone just a healthy jog? It may not be a competition, but is not running in a group a good way of measuring your ability? Doesn't mean coming last is bad, just means there is room for improvement. And it doesn't mean those in first don't need to train, in fact they must train the most to be the example, something to aspire to.

Running a race alone can be training, but you'll never know how you're doing. EDIT: If you're measuring on your own, that's pretty much self-delusion.

May I be earnest , which race are you running ? I run . I am an avid runner.
When in life, we compete , we tend to think everything is a competition. The selfless is one form of the no contest - contest. Find your self . If having and be littling is your way of finding your self so be it but eventually you will know where you stand. You will create what you choose. Runs race . See life as you will. There is more than one way to see the idea of life. Once you turn the "learn " off then what? It's like manners . Me and my family study manners. Allen W says after a while you will out manner every one .. then what? Or ... we use them to enjoy and learn new things. Difrent applications for things. My hope is all the wisdom and knowledge we find we can apply and re apply and learn and re learn. Not eveynone will. Most won't. But there are those few. Be the red bladed hacker ... that goes far . As does the green and the yellow the blue purple ....

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
6 years 3 months ago #313439 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Is the light and dark?
There is no race.

We are all walking in different directions, as we stumble and fall as we discover by feedback of doing, whether our hypothesis are right or not.

Truth needs no standardization and no idealization. First we try, then we trust.

And while we grow stronger from the pooled experiences of all members here, our maps will never be the same. Maps cannot completely convey the territory.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi