Is the light and dark?

More
6 years 3 months ago #313097 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Is the light and dark?
Once again, you have shown you either didn't read my post or decided to apply your own personal view to what I was saying, Kyrin, but either way "censorship" was not it. Thank you for playing. Come again.

/done with this one

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313098 by
Replied by on topic Is the light and dark?

Manu wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Manu wrote: Arisaig, Kyrin...

Nobody cares :laugh:

Me either, im just getting tired of being called a hypocrite at every turn, despite evidence showing otherwise. I'm tired of this one man crusade against everything I post. I'm tired.

That should be proof enough that your method of dealing with it is ineffective. What are you going to do about it?

Defend myself, as I always have. A tired soldier is still a soldier, and a solider fights for what's right. I never move to attack, only to defend, as I always have. But being attacked for no reason, time and time again for no reason... sorta getting sick of it.

I'm a pleasant person, I really am. Fierce loyal to those that have earned my respect, will always be there for anyone who needs it. Always have been. I'm exhausted that my good name is getting attacked time and time again.

More
6 years 3 months ago #313099 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Is the light and dark?

Arisaig wrote: I'm a pleasant person, I really am. Fierce loyal to those that have earned my respect, will always be there for anyone who needs it. Always have been.[/color]

I agree. You know why? Because it shows.

Which is why it strike me as bizarre that you would feel the need to defend your name. It is uneccesary, my friend.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi, Brick,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313100 by

Manu wrote:

Arisaig wrote: I'm a pleasant person, I really am. Fierce loyal to those that have earned my respect, will always be there for anyone who needs it. Always have been.[/color]

I agree. You know why? Because it shows.

Which is why it strike me as bizarre that you would feel the need to defend your name. It is uneccesary, my friend.

honeslty... good point. Passion, yet peace... sometimes we just need a friend to tell us our face is dirty. Thank you, Manu.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313102 by
This discussion seems to be turning dark. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313106 by

Avalon wrote: Once again, you have shown you either didn't read my post or decided to apply your own personal view to what I was saying, Kyrin, but either way "censorship" was not it. Thank you for playing. Come again.

/done with this one

WTF are you talking about? I didnt spin anything. I simply, quite politely BTW, suggested it could be worded differently so as to not sound so harsh. However you chose to go off the deep end and so I shall state here that I will discuss what ever I please in any manner I desire as long as it does not violate the rules of this place and your opinion is not required in this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313109 by
*Insert gentle nudge back to the subject.*

To me rape, legitimate rape, is inherently "evil". It is an utter violation of somebody else. Killing we would have to look at scenarios, intentions, etc. Was it self-defense, for example. But generally speaking murder would be "evil" as well.
Evil itself is just a label for a concept we have for acts/intentions that we deem inhumane or unethical. While exploring Sith beliefs isn't against our policies, acting in an abusive or viscous way surely is.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #313110 by Avalon
Replied by Avalon on topic Is the light and dark?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Avalon wrote: Once again, you have shown you either didn't read my post or decided to apply your own personal view to what I was saying, Kyrin, but either way "censorship" was not it. Thank you for playing. Come again.

/done with this one

WTF are you talking about? I didnt spin anything. I simply, quite politely BTW, suggested it could be worded differently so as to not sound so harsh. However you chose to go off the deep end and so I shall state here that I will discuss what ever I please in any manner I desire as long as it does not violate the rules of this place and your opinion is not required in this.

You've proven my point. But once again, thank you for playing. Toodles.

Not all those who wander are lost
Studies Journal | Personal Journal
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Avalon.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #313111 by

JLSpinner wrote: *Insert gentle nudge back to the subject.*

To me rape, legitimate rape, is inherently "evil". It is an utter violation of somebody else. Killing we would have to look at scenarios, intentions, etc. Was it self-defense, for example. But generally speaking murder would be "evil" as well.

Exactly. As per my following of the Potentium philosophy of the Force, this goes right along with it. Depending on the context, doing something evil to stop greater evil (self-defence from an attacker whose made it obvious that the attack would only end in death), is only necessary in those extreme circumstances. Even the law defends that view. If you see evil, end evil, and only do what could be considered evil to protect others and stop greater evil.

More
6 years 3 months ago #313112 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Is the light and dark?

To me rape, legitimate rape, is inherently "evil"

Really?

Oh.

Okay.

I'll just let my genes die out then.

Look, I'm not in favour of violent rape, I'm really not, but much like killing, once removed from all of our personal preferences and ideals, it's hard to prove it is evil.

Yes, it is used as a weapon for fear, control, and so on, but so is killing - but you were happy to say sometimes killing has to be considered.

I despise the "other animals do it, so it must be okay" sort of argument that people use, but hey, since morals are made up, I guess it's as good as any - Rape is rampant in a variety of species.
Even some you might be quite fond of.

It's worth noting, that for personal reasons, I have a fair passion on the subject of rape and I would happily give up my own sanity for the opportunity to make a few specific individuals suffer exquisitely - but I'll still argue that the act itself, without context, can't be blanketed as "evil", even if, on the balance of probabilities, most rapists you've met may very well be better off put down.

(fun fact: you probably don't know who the people you know are that are rapists. They look like everyone else)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi