Is the light and dark?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312952 by
Replied by on topic Is the light and dark?

Rickie wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rickie wrote:
" Its an embracing of the extremes of your emotions and the natural balance of power we each have among one another. The dark path is a path of passion instead of tranquility."

What's dark about that?

Whats not dark about it? What do you consider dark and why would this not be?

Passion is neither light or dark. Embracing emotions is self discovery. Natural balance of power is pretty Ying Yang.

I personally dont believe in the concept of light and dark. I only use it as a common term that everyone understands. A Jedi may tell you that he finds balance in tranquility. I find balance in desire. The desire to fight against the Chaos of nature.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312961 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I am actually on a path that involves the exploration of the dark. But I think you might have a view of the dark that is not entirely accurate. Its not about domination and control or power in the sense of d hiictatorship. Its an embracing of the extremes of your emotions and the natural balance of power we each have among one another. The dark path is a path of passion instead of tranquility. A practicing sith could tell you more though.

Does you exploration involve you to act on any, what we would call dark skills or attributes, or are you just putting yourself in a dark place to trigger a natural recovery and centering of yourself.

Not to be nitpicking here but for you to say I might not be observing accurately only leads me to reject the statement more, we live as we see fit.

We have to live within a society that has rules. We've all lived in some kind of religious system with another set of rules. Culturally there are many rules and socially we have rules.

Maybe I'm just confusing myself with this rationalization of what I am perceiving as unorganized.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

More
6 years 3 months ago #312964 by Carlos.Martinez3

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I am actually on a path that involves the exploration of the dark. But I think you might have a view of the dark that is not entirely accurate. Its not about domination and control or power in the sense of d hiictatorship. Its an embracing of the extremes of your emotions and the natural balance of power we each have among one another. The dark path is a path of passion instead of tranquility. A practicing sith could tell you more though.

Does you exploration involve you to act on any, what we would call dark skills or attributes, or are you just putting yourself in a dark place to trigger a natural recovery and centering of yourself.

Not to be nitpicking here but for you to say I might not be observing accurately only leads me to reject the statement more, we live as we see fit.

We have to live within a society that has rules. We've all lived in some kind of religious system with another set of rules. Culturally there are many rules and socially we have rules.

Maybe I'm just confusing myself with this rationalization of what I am perceiving as unorganized.

May I ask Which part u perceive is unorganized ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

More
6 years 3 months ago #312971 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Is the light and dark?

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: Simply put, I'd assume that our goal for being in this faith, is to allow us to someday rejoice in our reabsorbing to the life force without fear that death is the end of life. And from that teachings should be guiding us to that goal correct.

Interesting assumption. What made you think this is a goal for most members here?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312974 by

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: Does you exploration involve you to act on any, what we would call dark skills or attributes, or are you just putting yourself in a dark place to trigger a natural recovery and centering of yourself.

I'm not sure what you mean by dark skills or attributes? For me I would define the dark as the pursuit of passions and the exploration and embracing of every emotion, love and compassion, anger and hate etc and using every one to my greatest advantage. So the skills would come in by finding that advantage and the attributes for me would come in desire to accomplish everything in my life that I want to accomplish. I don't believe in an afterlife, so for me, once your gone, that's it.

I don't mean to be judgemental in my comment about you not accurately observing. No ill intent was meant. I just meant that I got the impression from your comment that you may not be fully understanding what the dark is as it applies to real life, meaning the definition found in the movies is not the typical definition found among sith realists.

Being an advocate of the dark does not mean I go around breaking rules and embracing that path does not mean it gives me the right to do so any more than any one else. What it does do is gives me freedom to act on emotion and use that emotion in decision making as well as allows me to embrace corporeal pursuits just as much as spiritual pursuits. Suffering is also embraced as a necessary component of reality that produces growth.

What are you perceiving as unorganized? Are you referring to something like Anarchy?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312979 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: May I ask Which part u perceive is unorganized ?

I guess the statement or idea that one can act completely independent of another, suggest they believe the same thing, while pursuing opposite agendas.

I think that most people act in a positive manner towards similar understandings of right and wrong and that this is the basis for the open concept of believe as you will. But in family there is still structure and common thinking between the members, so is it in any kind of organization.

This has really come about based on the origin of my leading comment. The question of if Jedi use any special procedures in practice. The common recurring comment of however you feel about it is what you should do.

But if I were to apply it literally at any moment, if I feel like killing or raping I should because that is what I sense is good for me at that moment.

If I were to state that I was pursuing guidance from the dark side, an outsider for sure would read into this to suggest that WE are okay with that because WE don't have set guidelines pertaining to a person's personal practices.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312980 by Carlos.Martinez3
lol I like the emphasis on the WE. There are sith here ... I was born on the streets in pain and fighting stealing and Robbing and that type of life style myself . You could say I was born in the darkness lol I do- there is a very real life on. Oath sides as well as what we call grey. There's always more than just the x or the y .... what's your heading ? That's what we like to focus on here . What choices do un wanna make ?!if at all I can help them yay but if not then yay too. Rift n wrong tend to keep things ... confusing . There is a even further way to see paths past right n wrong black n white dark or light ... many more !

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312981 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Is the light and dark?

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: But if I were to apply it literally at any moment, if I feel like killing or raping I should because that is what I sense is good for me at that moment.

Just as a general disclaimer, no member of this organization is ok with murder or rape. The Doctrine should let on at least as much.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi

More
6 years 3 months ago #312982 by Carlos.Martinez3

Attachment IMG_0874_2018-01-23.PNG not found

Coincidently :
In Our own personal search for character , the search transcends light and dark. Take a look here. These list of character traits are neither dark nor light . It's called ... character .

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312987 by

Manu wrote:

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote: But if I were to apply it literally at any moment, if I feel like killing or raping I should because that is what I sense is good for me at that moment.

Just as a general disclaimer, no member of this organization is ok with murder or rape. The Doctrine should let on at least as much.

Yes correct, as a member of out society we generally consider these things as unacceptable behaviour. However just for clarification, as part of my personal path I don't consider these things as absolutely wrong. Meaning I don't believe there exists some universal natural law that dictates these things are always bad or "evil".

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi