Is the light and dark?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #313565 by
Replied by on topic Is the light and dark?

ནའдհдཀ༑ནკ wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: So I did read through the compass and I find it not much different than the doctrine here. I would change/remove about 50% of it for my personal path and reword some more. As well I would add probably about 50% more new stuff.

I don't know Kyrin I've read your creed and aside from directional interpretation, I could view them as having the same intent.

I think Campbell said it best by saying,"Follow your bliss, what you will find is a happy life."

Maybe your right, It may all be a matter of semantics and individual taste as is characteristic of this sort of path. For me the biggest part of this is the pursuit of not only what I believe, but more importantly, why I believe it. In that pursuit I have always found others "codes" to be static and limiting... Dogmatic. It is only with a code that I have personally written, a living breathing code that has the ability to evolve and grow because I gave birth to it, that I find the freedom to completely embrace my entire philosophy and worldview.

Intent is everything and when I accept codes written by others I can only guess at true intent. Sure I could still adopt it and make my own intent but for me that lacks an intimacy that I want with it. It is only with my own code that I can get past this to truly understand the nuance and meaning intended. I see things in my personal code that I do not see in the doctrine here nor in the Compass doctrine and I see things in those codes that I do not believe in. Because of those things I must reject them as something that could be completely fulfilling for a representation of my life.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi