Fact Checking Daniel M. Jones and The Church of Jediism

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306676 by

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote:
Well everything continuously evolves, it may me premature to say "never".

True, but my opinion is that human natures proclivity for diversity will never converge on a single unifying theory of life. Meaning conflict will always be a part of our nature.

Perhaps but if never is a long time away then why not just focus on what can be done today?

I guess that's my point. Are you doing all you can? Is jones doing all he can? Do Jedi put away their petty differences and rally behind a fellow Jedi or do they continue to backbite and acuse and chastise? Does it matter who started what, does credit really matter, as long as the cause of jediism is forwarded, no matter whose doing it? Can Jedi truly swallow their pride, make that selfless sacrifice you speak of, and just be the Jedi they claim to be?

If not I don't see them as being any different than any spiritual group that came before them. Different wrapper, same old shit.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306679 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Tellahane wrote:
Well everything continuously evolves, it may me premature to say "never".

True, but my opinion is that human natures proclivity for diversity will never converge on a single unifying theory of life. Meaning conflict will always be a part of our nature.

Perhaps but if never is a long time away then why not just focus on what can be done today?

I guess that's my point. Are you doing all you can? Is jones doing all he can? Do Jedi put away their petty differences and rally behind a fellow Jedi or do they continue to backbite and acuse and chastise? Does it matter who started what, does credit really matter, as long as the cause of jediism is forwarded, no matter whose doing it? Can Jedi truly swallow their pride, make that selfless sacrifice you speak of, and just be the Jedi they claim to be?

If not I don't see them as being any different than any spiritual group that came before them. Different wrapper, same old shit.

You've been asked to watch your words several times , come on pls ?
Swearing is prohibited , please can you try?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306682 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: You've been asked to watch your words several times , come on pls ?

Productive contribution to the conversation, thanks, but the adults are speaking now and sometimes the language is scary. It's ok though, we're not angry.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306684 by Br. John
This discussion should be about Become The Force . It's about reviewing and discussing the book (if anyone does not have it and wants it let me know). Some of the topics that have arisen through all this are good, but they should be separate issues with their own discussion.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick
More
6 years 5 months ago #306690 by Carlos.Martinez3

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: You've been asked to watch your words several times , come on pls ?

Productive contribution to the conversation, thanks, but the adults are speaking now and sometimes the language is scary. It's ok though, we're not angry.

Rule are frequently broken during your conversations and often disregarded. Please refraim from breaking the rules on a constant basis or moderators will be contacted ... again.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306691 by Manu
It was fun to watch.

Both were HUGELY underprepared for the interview. Mistakes by Daniel:

1. Taking lightsabers as props.
2. Trying to draw the equivalency between Star Wars as fiction and Jesus as fiction.
3. Not making more eye contact
4. Playfully inviting one of the hosts to fight
5. Getting defensive
6. Not using humor to his favor.

When you are a public figure for Jediism, the obvious jab is always going to be based on Star Wars being fiction. He should have worn that baby as armor, and accompany the hosts in laughing at himself. His speech at first was abusing jargon, his lack of eye contact and body posture conveyed insecurity, and his microexpresions and way he addressed questions denoted hidden contempt for one of the hosts.

Had he laughed along and given no-bullshit answers, he would have done better, though, as Kyrin stated, all publicity is good publicity.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Manu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Brick
More
6 years 5 months ago #306703 by Br. John
Jones says he has Asperger Syndrome. This is on the mild end of the autism spectrum.

What Does It Mean To Have Asperger Syndrome?

The link to the self test in the article does not automatically calculate so here is the same test that does.

https://psychology-tools.com/autism-spectrum-quotient/

[hr]

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306720 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Rule are frequently broken during your conversations and often disregarded. Please refraim from breaking the rules on a constant basis or moderators will be contacted ... again.

I don't see where I have broken any rules here. Swearing is not prohibited. It's relegated to appropriate use. I deem it appropriate, so where is the issue?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306722 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

I don't see where I have broken any rules here. Swearing is not prohibited. It's relegated to appropriate use. I deem it appropriate, so where is the issue?

Gonna agree with ya there. The word was used appropriately and in moderation. Perhaps it's time for some outdoor Jedi training? The world is not a quaint and pretty place.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306723 by MadHatter

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Gonna agree with ya there. The word was used appropriately and in moderation. Perhaps it's time for some outdoor Jedi training? The world is not a quaint and pretty place.

Kyrin where did you break the rules? You broke the spirt of the rules with the swearing and DIRECTLY broke the rules by getting insulting with Carlos.

Arisaig swearing in the manner that was done is not directly against the rules but it does violate the spirt of them as per:

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/47-help/679-termsofuseandrules
TotJO is a place for spiritual enlightenment, self discovery and discussion of many varied and wide ranging topics. Here at TotJO we debate arguments not personalities and ideas instead of people.

Everyone makes mistake and it is not simply a case of one breach of the rules and your account is suspended.The people for whom this rule applies are those who are persistent and do so in a flagrant manner, even after unofficial and official warnings about it.

It demonstrates negative traits in an individual namely disrespect for fellow users and lack of control of oneself. 'Heat of the moment' is not a viable excuse, for as Jedi one must possess more control.

So, please think about what you have typed before sending. Show your respect and consideration for your fellow Temple members by simply maintaining the self-restraint to not swear. As it is much easier to control this behaviour when typing than it is in verbal conversation, there really is no acceptable excuse.

Post what you think is acceptable for an 8 year old to read (be it your own child or another) as this is in fact a family, and public, forum after all. If in doubt, leave it out.

Please note also that swearing is not the only way to offend. One can be just as demeaning and derogatory without resorting to swear words. These cases are as equally inappropriate and are covered under the same regulation on the forum.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3