Fact Checking Daniel M. Jones and The Church of Jediism

More
6 years 5 months ago #306805 by Br. John
Who still needs the book so they can post a review? PM me.

Founder of The Order
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306806 by Carlos.Martinez3

Br. John wrote: Who still needs the book so they can post a review? PM me.

I wouldnt mind a Copy. What do U need from me br John?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306808 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote: War: a state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

So, prolly not. Instruments of peace and all that don't tend to lean kindly on open armed conflict. ;)

Lol this is such BS. You know exactly what I mean and this is not it.

You want a war, then bring it on. Let's see who wins! I'll fight, I love to fight!

If it is as you describe it, then why use the word "war" to describe what would be, at most, open and un-Jedi-like group-bashing?

and I never said I want a war. I prefer to solve conflict before it arises, keep it down, hold down a pillow. But if it rises, I'm not above doing what needs to be done.

Is that not exactly what is going on here? Funny how comments of bygones be bygones get no support but rumors of war evoke strong responses. Silence in the face of Injustice is war as well, a war of indifference. You are as guilty as most. You call yourself a Jedi? A champion of peace? I laugh.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #306809 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is that not exactly what is going on here? Funny how comments of bygones be bygones get no support but rumors of war evoke strong responses. Silence in the face of Injustice is war as well, a war of indifference. You are as guilty as most. You call yourself a Jedi? A champion of peace? I laugh.

I don't feel that it is what's going on here. He would have more respect if he could be consistent with his statements, or perhaps do his research first before making public statements as he has.

Silence in the face of injustice? Several pages on this thread is not what I'd call "silence". I'd prefer you not put me down with personal attacks and say that I'm not a Jedi because you don't agree with me. I will not stand for that type of injustice.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by .
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306810 by

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is that not exactly what is going on here? Funny how comments of bygones be bygones get no support but rumors of war evoke strong responses. Silence in the face of Injustice is war as well, a war of indifference. You are as guilty as most. You call yourself a Jedi? A champion of peace? I laugh.

I don't feel that it is what's going on here. He would have more respect if he could be consistent with his statements, or perhaps do his research first before making public statements as he has.

Silence in the face of injustice? Several pages on this thread is not what I'd call "silence". I'd prefer you not put me down and say that I'm not a Jedi because you don't agree with me. I will not stand for that type of injustice.

Your deflecting the argument. Tell me, why is it that my post is censored when I call another Jedi a hypocrite and even present proof of the hypocracy and yet this entire thread stands that calls another Jedi out as a serial liar? Proof provided yes but why does one stand unchallenged and the other not?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306811 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Silence in the face of injustice? Several pages on this thread is not what I'd call "silence". I'd prefer you not put me down and say that I'm not a Jedi because you don't agree with me. I will not stand for that type of injustice.

Your deflecting the argument. Tell me, why is it that my post is censored when I call another Jedi a hypocrite and even present proof of the hypocracy and yet this entire thread stands that calls another Jedi out as a serial liar? Proof provided yes but why does one stand unchallenged and the other not?

I still fail to see where you get off with a personal attack.

Perhaps one is allowed (calling Danial Jones a liar) because there is evidence for it. I don't agree with the wording of the title, but that's just me. Reason why I didn't get involved earlier in this thread is simple, I couldn't care. What he does or say doesn't affect me. As you yourself said in another thread, "there is no such thing as bad publicity." People have come here because of the American Jedi documentary, which people lost their heads over. Now people lose their heads over this. Whatever, I say. If people are so simple as to take a single man's word on an organisation and don't join said organisation... then perhaps that's for the better.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306813 by Tellahane
Today was my weekly review doctrine day:

9. Jedi have integrity. We are authentic to what we believe and are open, honest and true to our purpose and our minds. We remove all masks to reveal ourselves as courageous and noble of heart. We do not hide from fear of damage to our image because we know that our image cannot be blemished from the words and actions of others.

10. Jedi serve in many ways. Each action performed, no matter the scale, influences the world. With this in mind Jedi perform each action with peace, caring, love, compassion and humility. So it is that each Jedi improves the world with each deed they perform.

12. Jedi believe that love and compassion are central to their lives. We must love and care for each other as we must love and care for ourselves; by doing this we envelop all life in the positivity of our actions and thoughts. We are providers and beacons of hope.

13. Jedi cultivate empathy. We try to view things from another’s perspective making us sensitive listeners. We provide the confidence people need when talking through their difficulties and we share our learning with those who would benefit. We do this to help create a more harmonious society.

Conflict: To know when to fight.

A Jedi knows the conflicting nature of the Force but they also know its peace and serenity. A Jedi never blindly enters conflict and always does so for the greater good.

Nobility: To act with honour.

A Jedi does not engage in petty, mean or otherwise dubious activities. Acting with stature and distinction influences others, offering a compelling example of what can be achieved by those who follow Jediism.

BUT ALSO

Defense: To defend the way of Jediism.

A Jedi is sworn by oath to defend their faith and all it encompasses.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306814 by
Calling a fellow Jedi a liar is no different than calling one a hypocrite. Is it?

As for defending their faith, whose faith? Are you allowed to defend your faith by tearing down another's faith?
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306820 by
Okay everyone. Let's dial this back. We have some good discussion on a clearly heated issue. Let's focus here and explain our thoughts clearly and without insult.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306825 by Br. John

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Calling a fellow Jedi a liar is no different than calling one a hypocrite. Is it?

As for defending their faith, whose faith? Are you allowed to defend your faith by tearing down another's faith?

Daniel Morgan Jones is not a Jedi and he's running a for profit business masquerading as a church. It's all about selling things and making money for himself.

He is lying and there is proof both in public statements he's made and other resources.

Why don't you go join him where you can be a knight for $150 or so. You've had plenty of time to read that short book but you've done everything except comment on it or post a review.

Founder of The Order