More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #306382 by Br. John
http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/news/jediism-faith-or-fantasy

Founder of The Order
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306385 by Carlos.Martinez3
I can not begin to express the disappointment I have watching this. I can not speak for him or any other Jedi and I won't but wow, dude wasn't ready for the grill. Seems the intention was to poke fun and ridicule Jedi with a old grouchy expired interpitation of the Abrahamic faith. Both faiths were poorly represented in my opinion but hey , I'm allowed two opinions and they may both stink.

Woooooooowwwwww!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306390 by
He sounds like Disney. Great at promoting himself until people actually start to believe that he's done the things he says he did.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306394 by Carlos.Martinez3
Walt ?Lassater ? Or the franchise that is in charge of marketing ? Try to be a bit more spacific if you don't mind for clearification that is on my behalf pls. Disney is way to broad a statement . To me ...it sounds like he wasn't ready for the stream of hate and objection that was thrown tword him. Not ready he was... not prepared , that young Jedi was...to soon was his five minutes of fame...

Build, not tear down.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306395 by
I feel sorry for Daniel , he did not deserve to be ambushed like that :( We are Jedi , we don't take pleasure in other people being made to look ridiculous, no matter what our personal feelings are about someone. It was very painful to watch and we should learn from this and be better prepared for media vultures.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306396 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Walt ?Lassater ?

Lol I shoulda clarified. Definitely Walt. "The Founder of Modern Animation" and all that... sorta all lies.
More
6 years 5 months ago #306399 by Tellahane

Amyntas wrote: I feel sorry for Daniel , he did not deserve to be ambushed like that :( We are Jedi , we don't take pleasure in other people being made to look ridiculous, no matter what our personal feelings are about someone. It was very painful to watch and we should learn from this and be better prepared for media vultures.

I'm not speaking of karma but also of choice, this is a show that is notorious for ambushes, this is what they do and how they get their ratings, and he chose to go on it anyway. I agree we shouldn't take pleasure in others being made to look ridiculous. It was painful to watch, but this is also the path he chose to take, hindsight being 20/20 I think he realizes the same as the rest of us in that it was a poor choice, not only for him, or for his church but hopefully he realizes it was a poor choice for Jedi in any community, because that to the common eye will be how we ALL are represented when you go in front of a major tv show like that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Cyan Sarden,
More
6 years 5 months ago #306403 by Carlos.Martinez3

Arisaig wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Walt ?Lassater ?

Lol I shoulda clarified. Definitely Walt. "The Founder of Modern Animation" and all that... sorta all lies.

I feel your fistration on that ... I held the same view for many ... many a year . Walt created somthimg that was denied him, the child hood he never was given. He had a way difrent view of things not shared by many. I learned he went thru a lot to get Travers Kippling H C Anderson and many more authors and Myths out to kids . In that light you can see he had to literally fight to get out the few Myths held by the then common and commanding archaic "Abrahamic" ideas in charge of media and so on. The lie ... I eventually noticed was to that... the opposition ...so others can see the stories rather than the common driving themes of his day. Lassater , used the built stage and began a more open Myths... circle of life type of , thing changing your destiny ... no longer the objection for objection sake .. that spoiled no, but now more of a society , I don't fit in to this mold or there's a better way... type of mindset.

It depends on which light you look at things I guess... in a matter of opinion and study. Hope this brings some new light . As far as this dude goes , yea I feel bad for him. He was mauled and humiliated... into aumbmission by journalist with close minds... in my own opinion. But hey , I wasn't the one who volunteered.
As a Temple I am so thankful we have folks like Hatter . My man, thanks for not ... I repeat Thanks for NOT being a part of that. That would have been difficult to keep that sinking ship afloat.
Mean time there's got to be a way we can remedy this... this view of Jedi. Maybe put a two minute response or a few introduction videos up by difrent members as the actual explanation of Jedi ism. A few we can all stand by , the universal answer lol so to speak. Maybe ? Somthimg more applicable and open to ... the individuals chaises and such . Any how may the Force we share seek and serve be with y'all.
-arisaig feel free to pm me or hit me up on skype brotha ! We are one with the Force and the force is one with .. we!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306404 by

Tellahane wrote: I'm not speaking of karma but also of choice, this is a show that is notorious for ambushes, this is what they do and how they get their ratings, and he chose to go on it anyway.

Agreed. I saw the hosts and knew this was gonna be a hack job. Daniel Jones held his ground very well, wont take that away from him. Prolly did better than I would have done, but I wouldn't have accepted an invite onto that show. XD
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 5 months ago #306417 by

Arisaig wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I'm not speaking of karma but also of choice, this is a show that is notorious for ambushes, this is what they do and how they get their ratings, and he chose to go on it anyway.

Agreed. I saw the hosts and knew this was gonna be a hack job. Daniel Jones held his ground very well, wont take that away from him. Prolly did better than I would have done, but I wouldn't have accepted an invite onto that show. XD

Yes but all publicity is good publicity. Jones is a master of this sort of manipulation. Its the reason he commonly holds the title of founder of Jediism. Because he was able to capitalize on the census data when it came out in England. I think he knows exactly what hes doing.