2012 Jediism Gathering UK - Cambridge

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54746 by

ren wrote: I think Mark is going through a lot of training and isn't available in april (right now he's on leave from the temple).

That explains a lot. XP Well I'm all for the 4th, just need a floor to crash on for the night(s). Do we know who all will be attending if it's the 4th?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54754 by
I'll be going, as I said it's practically next door to me :P lol

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 1 month ago #54768 by ren
I'm OK with the 4th evening (it's a friday). the train ride can belong though so I don't know what time I'd be showing up... The main activities, whatever they are, if there are any, would be saturday/sunday.

We're going to cambridge because I said I could punt,but we havent planned anything else really :D

Akkarin since you're pretty much hosting, can we squat your garden? can someone stay at yours? What will we do apart from punting (expensive and physically demanding) and drinking (expensive for akkarin as he'll be paying for my drinks)?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #54770 by Jestor
Akkarin hosting at his house? and supplying drinks?

How about a plane ticket?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Jestor.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54771 by

ren wrote: (expensive for akkarin as he'll be paying for my drinks)?

The words to respond to this aren't allowed to be said under Temple rules... lol

It won't be at my house, I rent a room and my landlady probably wouldn't be too happy lol

I'm not really meant to have people over

I could probably have someone stay the night if they were in my room

ren we've already discussed you staying here and you physically wouldn't be able to fit into my double bed lol (even if I wanted you to...) ;) :P

Punting also isn't too expensive, but there's also cinema and bowling and pizza hut :D

Other stuff we can think of on the day

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54772 by

Akkarin wrote:

ren wrote: (expensive for akkarin as he'll be paying for my drinks)?

The words to respond to this aren't allowed to be said under Temple rules... lol

:lol:

It would definitely have to be evening if we want to start on the 4th. I just realised that I have exams that afternoon way out in Richmond (I live in Kensington) and so it'll take me a while to make it back to central London and then all the way to Cambridge afterward. (Stupid exams. Why would they schedule them for a Friday when the class itself never meets on Fridays?! Ugh.)

As for where to stay...I don't wish to inconvenience anyone, but I'm a 'poor' uni student focusing on paying for the train ticket to get there. :P I'd be happy curling up in a corner somewhere for the night(s). I promise I don't take up much room and I can be very quiet! You won't even know I'm there. XP

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 1 month ago #54775 by ren
I don't need a place to stay at Akkarin, I'm only asking as some people like Ace might need cheap accomodation... Decent hotel + food + drink + punt + cinema = 300 quid a weekend... And punting (self-hire) for an hour costs 18pounds 30minutesoneway 30 minutes the other. 90 quid for a day.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54778 by

ren wrote: I don't need a place to stay at Akkarin, I'm only asking as some people like Ace might need cheap accomodation... Decent hotel + food + drink + punt + cinema = 300 quid a weekend... And punting (self-hire) for an hour costs 18pounds 30minutesoneway 30 minutes the other. 90 quid for a day.

:ohmy: :blink: uhh...:unsure: yeah.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54814 by
*poke* Should I be searching for train tickets?

• ren
    Registered
More
12 years 1 month ago #54815 by ren
I guess so. You might want to check hotels/B&Bs etc first too. Akkarin mentionned having lots of them in his town. It's a fewmiles away from cambridge though so you'll have travel expenses.I dont know if akkarin'sgot a car and cambridge taxis arejust as expensive as everything else there.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi