2012 Jediism Gathering UK - Cambridge

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58755 by
Have we arranged a venue for the ceremony, Qigong, etc? A park would be nice for the Qigong but be warned that I will be wearing full ceremonial dress for the service so if any of you don't want to be seen in public with me like that, you'd better arrange somewhere for us to hold it! :)

Akkarin, would you like to reaffirm your Knighthood at the ceremony? I can bring my sword but I'm not waving it around in public because I will get arrested!

Ace, your decision is just being formalised so if it all goes ahead, would you like that ceremony included as well?

I will also need details of when are where to meet, especially from those of you that want picking up and driving there.

I'm away at college in Clapham this weekend so on limited contact but I can check everything up until Friday night, then again when I get back home Sunday night.

ALSO.....it would be nice if you could all (those that want to, of course!) come up with a topic for discussion so we can incorporate that into the afternoon too.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58768 by
Arrange a venue??? I was going to go for... 'outside' lol

As for the knighting ceremony, that would be awesome :) don't worry about using any sword though lol

We didn't need one online, I don't see why risking the law will be worth it again now lol. :O UNLESS we use it and then why they try to stop us we claim religious discrimination! Perhaps we should do it in tesco... :P

As for exact times, I DO HAVE A DAY OFF! \o/ woo! lol

So anytime is good, Ace will be staying at my place (V doesn't seem to be coming anymore :() so you can pick us both up from town (the common with the big maze on it?)

You have my number so just phone when you leave so you know when you're getting here (roughly) and we'll be waiting

I believe some of these photos were going to be published on a very popular magazine (a serious one) and as such we wanted to give the impression of not being geeks

I might well wear my robe, just in the spirit of it (and I like wearing it) but for the photos that I want the rest of the world to judge us on, I will take the robe off

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58769 by
I was thinking much the same - the ceremony and service should be "private" anyway. After all, non-members can't attend Chat services or ceremonies. So I will wear my robes for the service/ceremony but regular clothes elsewhere.

What sort of time were we thinking? I'm at College all weekend and won't get home until late Sunday night so the chances of me driving to yours too early are slim.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58770 by
I was thinking... if Ace is going to be filming things, could we get a video of the service and use it for the extra-live version of the Chat service for next week? I could deliver the same sermon so we will have effectively held a live service in Chat and in person too! Plus it means that I only have to write one sermon... ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58772 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: I was thinking... if Ace is going to be filming things, could we get a video of the service and use it for the extra-live version of the Chat service for next week? I could deliver the same sermon so we will have effectively held a live service in Chat and in person too! Plus it means that I only have to write one sermon... ;)

Yeah I mean I'm all for it! :)

I like the idea of having an extra live sermon! :)

I only hope it won't rain :P

As for getting here, you're only about 40 minutes away or so I believe. Cambridge is only 20 away from me so you don't have to leave too early

I'm looking forward to it all :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58774 by
I'm about an hour and a half away:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=southend-on-sea&daddr=Saffron+Walden,+Essex,+UK&hl=en&ll=51.81286,1.0849&spn=0.695337,2.113495&sll=52.024508,0.239296&sspn=0.087037,0.096645&geocode=FUeHEgMdgMwKACk9NXWFBcTYRzErQ_qGKmCqrA%3BFUHNGQMdb6YDACmXO0q3iF_YRzE3-5Qunk800w&t=h&mra=ls&z=10

So would getting to yours at 12noon be ok? Any earlier and I might need to be propped up with coffee and I'm trying to give it up ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58778 by
Oh right I though Southend was closer than that :P

My father lied! lol

12 sounds good :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58779 by

Akkarin wrote: Oh right I though Southend was closer than that :P

My father lied! lol

That all depends on how fast he was driving! :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58784 by
I so wish I could come to this. Sounds like it's going to be great. Keep the rest of us updated on anything interesting that happens!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58785 by

Darren wrote: I so wish I could come to this. Sounds like it's going to be great. Keep the rest of us updated on anything interesting that happens!

Can you swim?

Where there's a will there's blind determination :P

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi