2012 Jediism Gathering UK - Cambridge

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #56428 by
Ah, I bow to your superior hardware! :)
Although I will also be taking my phone, in case I actually need to call anyone :P
On the subject though...we may need to arrange contact numbers. I will PM mine to all those in this thread so you have it on the day.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #56429 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: Ah, I bow to your superior hardware! :)
Although I will also be taking my phone, in case I actually need to call anyone :P
On the subject though...we may need to arrange contact numbers. I will PM mine to all those in this thread so you have it on the day.

:lol: And some of us swapped numbers in Chat a ways back, but this'll be better. Although ren says he doesn't have a phone... :blink: But for those of us who are still grounded in the 21st century, this'll do. :whistle:

And there goes the little express mail thingadoo with your PM! I'll be quiet now. XD

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 1 month ago #56439 by ren
I'll get one. I just dont know which line I'll be using. Usually I use an SIP line which I use either from a computer or a cisco phone. Not super mobile. I dont like mobile phones because people are constantly pestering me on them, and then demand explanations when I dont reply or refuse the call!

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #56444 by
hey there I would love to come to this event in Cambridge, In fact my Ex Sister in law owns a Pub in Cambridge just outside the city center I can sort it out as a venue for some events if we need one :) Can i please book 2 tickets for Mr David King and Miss Sapphire Thorpe

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 1 month ago #56451 by Jestor

ren wrote: I'll get one. I just dont know which line I'll be using. Usually I use an SIP line which I use either from a computer or a cisco phone. Not super mobile. I dont like mobile phones because people are constantly pestering me on them, and then demand explanations when I dont reply or refuse the call!

Uh, It's my phone, and Im busy?

That's usually my response...

My kids however, have been told, "if Im payiong for this phone, my calls (and mom's) take priority, and hang up with your friends to answer..."

Works pretty good... Although, daughter want Iphone, and Im not paying, she is ready to break off of my plan... So, I guess I wont have that leverage any longer... lol...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 weeks ago #56812 by

Kavid Gind wrote: hey there I would love to come to this event in Cambridge, In fact my Ex Sister in law owns a Pub in Cambridge just outside the city center I can sort it out as a venue for some events if we need one :) Can i please book 2 tickets for Mr David King and Miss Sapphire Thorpe

Kavid, you're more than welcome to join us but there's no need to reserve spaces since it's an informal meet-up. Have a read through the posts to find out what we're up to, but ask if you need more help :)

More
12 years 4 weeks ago - 12 years 4 weeks ago #56922 by Alethea Thompson
As to a place to stay....couch surfing might have something to offer, if you bring them along for some of the events.

http://www.couchsurfing.org/

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 12 years 4 weeks ago by Alethea Thompson.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 weeks ago #56926 by

Mark Anjuu wrote: BTW, what are we thinking of doing for the ceremony? I would like to wear my official outfit and have no problem with wearing it in public (which comes from parading round in robes as a pagan!!) but I wasn't sure if other people would be so keen. Cambridge is a reasonably nice place but we may attract undue attention and this might put some people off. Does anyone know where we could gather for this?

From the plans, it looks like the Monday will be more about ceremonies, energy work, etc so would we like something like a discussion forum? Maybe we could each pick a topic and give a short talk on it for us all to then discuss? In which case, somewhere inside might be better. Just throwing some ideas out there!

I have a friend who lives in Cambridge so I could ask her to research cheap/free functions rooms if we wanted to go down that route...

So this got a wee bit overlooked. XD As for ceremony outfit, I don't have anything outrageously ZOMGJEDI to wear, but my daily garb is usually suitable (i.e. has a hood, lol). And I'd be totally chill wearing it full go in public.

Yes on the topic discussion bit. I think that'd be really fascinating! I'm all for it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58428 by
Bumpity Bumpity bump!

This is happening this weekend

If anyone can attend please feel free to do so!

From Saturday 5th to Monday 7th (bank holiday)!

If you can only arrive for a single day that that's awesome as well. I suggest Monday as that's when we'll be holding various ceremonies etc :)

As for clothing. Where whatever. I probably won't be wearing my robe

I can share contact details (via PM) if people need a number to guide them around cambridge etc :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 2 weeks ago #58430 by
Yay! My train should be arriving at 12:01pm on Saturday. Can't wait!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi