2012 Jediism Gathering UK - Cambridge

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #54270 by
Hello everyone!

A few of us in chat have been talking about having a meet up later this year in Cambridge, UK

We've sort of been thinking around May maybe (pun intended)

But this could change if inconvenient for potential party-goers

We were thinking possibly the 4th until maybe 6th (Friday - Sunday) or so

Basically we're just getting ideas together but we'd like to see this happen

If you're from the UK post and give us some info on preferred dates etc...

EDIT

I had also thought that maybe Mark could do the weekly Sunday sermon on the Sunday
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54274 by
Unfortunately, not only is it my birthday on the 5th but I'm also away in London at College all that weekend otherwise I'd love to come along (and hold a sermon too!).

I'm free for the two weekends after that though. The 19th/20th is best for me because I might be attending a ceremony on 12th/13th but I could always put that off. At the moment, I'm also free every weekend in June except the last one (30th June / 1st July).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54281 by
I wouldn't feel right going without Robes, and my birthday (which is on the 25th of may) might be a good chance to get money to buy them.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54292 by
oh fun shame i am in the states lol a chance to visit mark and annoy him i am sure lol

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54710 by
Oh please let it be May the 4th! That's Intergalactic Star Wars Day! XP

I'm in the UK until the 11th of May, so any weekend between now and then ought to work. Is it definitely in Cambridge? I'm pretty skilled with navigating my way through London, but outside the city...ehh...the Force will have to guide me on that one. ;P

Any more information? Like where will we stay, will there be a cost, stuff like that. And if anyone's going there from/via London, I'd gladly pay for petrol in exchange for a ride. :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54711 by
The easiest way from London to Cambridge is Liverpool St station, there's a direct train route (Cambridge is at the very end)

Ace anyway your trip can be postponed a week? That way you and Mark can both come

Or when do you get back from the US? Are you returning in the summer?

We're trying to keep it out of the summer, because it will be WAY busier and more expensive

I live almost right next to Cambridge (getting there is easy) and have a double bed, but ren has already taken that ;) so I'm not sure about other accommodation sorry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54712 by
Negative. I'm stateside all summer until the beginning of September. Gotta see my family sometime. :P

Thanks for the directions. That definitely helps. And as for a place to crash, I'm not fussy. I'm quite content with a piece of floor and my yoga mat. XP If not, I'll look around...I'm trying to think if I know anyone in Cambridge...hmm...

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #54725 by ren
I think we might as well do this on 4th/5/6 (7?) If Mark cant make it this time we can always organize another one.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by ren.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 1 month ago #54740 by

ren wrote: If Mark cant make it this time we can always organize another one.

Aww...:( would April work any better, maybe?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
12 years 1 month ago #54742 by ren
The point is kind of hitting may the 4th ;)

I think Mark is going through a lot of training and isn't available in april (right now he's on leave from the temple). Last time he had to cancel at the last moment as well. We can have another in summer. Maybe we could go to southend in august, erect a tent in his garden, squat for a month or so :D

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi