Jedi Healers

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65574 by
Replied by on topic Re: Jedi Healers

Jackofalltrades wrote: Reiki can be profesional. All that the word "profesional" means is that you get paid for it. You don't even have to be qualifiyed. Even Reiki practitioner has to have medical skills. And they'd be hard pressed not to be exposed to them, considering reiki is a form of healing (If you don't know about this then look it up in the national ocupational standards(NOS)For Reiki practice) and we also have to have Leagaly binding insurance. But not all medical practitioners have to have any holistic training.

Ok lets go point by point here. Yes there are reiki people who charge for classes and treatments. I am happy to say I am not part of that crowd.

Why do those who practice reiki need to have some medical skills.

You should also know there is no governing body for those who practice reiki.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #65576 by
why would we need a governing body? All we need is our hands to heal.

Infact I know there is no governig body. The reiki counsel volenteered to self regulate their practice. And whoever it is that creates the National ocupational standards agreed to this self regulation.

let me guess you're a reiki level 4 and you're a top consultant or something.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65577 by

Jackofalltrades wrote: why would we need a governing body? All we need is our hands to heal.

Infact I know there is no governig body. The reiki counsel volenteered to self regulate their practice. And whoever it is that creates the National ocupational standards agreed to this self regulation.

Reiki 3 is the highest level. You may need to do some more studies on this topic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65578 by
Well ofcourse we need medical training. Or atleast some kind of exposure to medical techniques. Just to get the picture. we don't allways use phrases like "a votex of negative energy" (just an example to illustrate the point) to describe somones problem. If someone has a stomach problem I would call it jsut that: a stomach problem. The fact that I'm using reiki doesn't mean I'm ignorant about traditional medicine. I have a biology book right here that talks about mitichodria and how "energy" is created in the human body.

I think that what this boils down to is that Classical science is not contradictory to holistic science.

Have you ever considered the work of David bohm? He describes explicate: Phisical and the implicate: non-phisical multidimentional model of reality.

Basically what this means is that, when I am studying my book on astronomy (explicate). If I understand it well; then I will get a glimps of the implicate (reiki.)

And who knows? It could work the other way around. someone studying Reiki could get a better Idea of how the universe works :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #65579 by

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Jackofalltrades wrote: why would we need a governing body? All we need is our hands to heal.

Reiki 3 is the highest level. You may need to do some more studies on this topic.

Infact in japan Reiki is taght in 6 levels.

Here in england reiki is taught in 4 levels. Reiki first degree, reiki second degree, reiki master, and Reiki master/teacher.

http://www.activereikicourses.co.uk/reiki-training/reiki-training-level-4.html
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by . Reason: link

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65580 by
i'm not simply uneducated about Reiki on the basis of not knowing what you think about a particular "levels" system.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65583 by
Thank you for spamming. I encourage you to look into reiki and perhaps learn about it.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65586 by

MJ Hannigan wrote: Thank you for spamming. I encourage you to look into reiki and perhaps learn about it.

like I said, it's not spamming. I have trained in, and used reiki for the past 3 years. I haven't said anything in a faulse and knowing manner. I hold sencond degree in the Usui liniage, and I'm seeking to do my masters soon. So, in a round about sort of way I can learn more from my master. But really it's not your place to say that. I'm not itching to get there and talk to other people like they know nothing about it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 9 months ago #65588 by

Jackofalltrades wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Thank you for spamming. I encourage you to look into reiki and perhaps learn about it.

like I said, it's not spamming. I have trained in, and used reiki for the past 3 years. I haven't said anything in a faulse and knowing manner. I hold sencond degree in the Usui liniage, and I'm seeking to do my masters soon. So, in a round about sort of way I can learn more from my master. But really it's not your place to say that. I'm not itching to get there and talk to other people like they know nothing about it.

Ok thank you for trolling. I still encourage you to learn a bit more about reiki before posting. AT this moment you are posting out of ignorance.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
11 years 9 months ago #65589 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re: Jedi Healers
No more personal attacks. I don't know anything about reiki, but I can tell you clicking the mighty banning button of doom has a great soothing effect on me.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi