Jedi Healers

  • MJ Hannigan
  • MJ Hannigan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
29 Jun 2012 13:03 #65407 by MJ Hannigan
Jedi Healers was created by MJ Hannigan
The Jedi Healer aspect is so small, our subgroup within the community is so small and it would be nice to know who here also focuses on the path.

So i guess what i am asking here is who else focuses on Reiki, Empathic Development or other forms of energy work on their Jedi Path?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2012 20:51 #65425 by Mark Anjuu
Replied by Mark Anjuu on topic Jedi Healers
I practise Reiki, Shamanic Healing and Shiatsu (as well as therapies such as Holistic Body Massage and Indian Head Massage). I also teach Reiki and Shamanic Development. I consider all aspects of my life and work to be integral to my Jedi path but these are particularly relevant :)

Rev. Mark Barwell OCP
  • Pastor of the Order
  • Vice President, Bishop and Councillor of TOTJO
  • Arch-Bishop of the U.K.
  • GrandMaster Knight of Jediism
  • Paganism Special Interest Advisor
Apprentices: Leena, Darren, Slydogstags, meatloaf, Rosalyn J
Former Apprentices: Karn, Angelus, Adder, Phortis Nespin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MJ Hannigan
  • MJ Hannigan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
30 Jun 2012 16:12 #65474 by MJ Hannigan
Replied by MJ Hannigan on topic Jedi Healers
Funny in the fiction Jedi Healers were the smallest class, and well this reflects real life as well.

When I look for padawans I look for potential Jedi Healers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Jackofalltrades
  • Jackofalltrades's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Jul 2012 14:50 #65535 by Jackofalltrades
Replied by Jackofalltrades on topic Jedi Healers
I practice Reiki and crystal healing. I've also flicked through a few books on chineese medicine.

Anyone read the Medstar novels?

Follow Jedi padawan Bariss Offee on a truly heroic mission to balence light and dark and explain how someone can be a healer and warior at the same time!

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MedStar_II:_Jedi_Healer

man I should do the voice over for the trailer if it made into film! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2012 15:51 #65545 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic Jedi Healers

MJ Hannigan wrote: So i guess what i am asking here is who else focuses on Reiki, Empathic Development or other forms of energy work on their Jedi Path?


So not doctors or nurses or medics etc?

I'm sure that isn't what you mean, it is probably just a simple oversight, but not all healers use 'energy' :)

"If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it except for one man, but the tree falls on that man and kills him, does the man dying make a sound?" - Jon Lajoie

Apprentice: Desolous , Xaii
Master: Br. John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Jackofalltrades
  • Jackofalltrades's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Jul 2012 16:01 - 01 Jul 2012 16:03 #65549 by Jackofalltrades
Replied by Jackofalltrades on topic Jedi Healers

Akkarin wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: So i guess what i am asking here is who else focuses on Reiki, Empathic Development or other forms of energy work on their Jedi Path?


So not doctors or nurses or medics etc?

I'm sure that isn't what you mean, it is probably just a simple oversight, but not all healers use 'energy' :)


Infact he was simply asking about those particular fields. Not really exluding the others: doctors, nurses and medics, just not exactly specifying them in his question.

So there's also a lack of him suggersing that people in those proffesions use energy. which he wasn't sujesting.


Just for the record. My previous Community psychiatric nurse had 1st Degree in reiki. And the doctor that came to see me was a Reiki master.
Last edit: 01 Jul 2012 16:03 by Jackofalltrades.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2012 16:08 #65550 by Akkarin
Replied by Akkarin on topic Jedi Healers

Jackofalltrades wrote: Infact he was simply asking about those particular fields. Not really exluding the others: doctors, nurses and medics, just not exactly specifying them in his question.

So there's also a lack of him suggersing that people in those proffesions use energy. which he wasn't sujesting.


Just for the record. My previous Community psychiatric nurse had 1st Degree in reiki. And the doctor that came to see me was a Reiki master.


That's a very fair point. It just seemed to me that when I read it only the metaphysical aspect of healing was being considered as a 'healer' and the physical aspect totally ignored

As I said I'm sure it was just a simple oversight as he was indeed wondering who focussed on 'energy' work but I just wanted to raise the fact that it isn't just that aspect that might define you as a healer

"If a tree falls in the woods and no one's around to hear it except for one man, but the tree falls on that man and kills him, does the man dying make a sound?" - Jon Lajoie

Apprentice: Desolous , Xaii
Master: Br. John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MJ Hannigan
  • MJ Hannigan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
01 Jul 2012 17:10 #65555 by MJ Hannigan
Replied by MJ Hannigan on topic Jedi Healers
Nothing worse then others trying to speak for you.

Yes healers can also be trained in professional medical care, however not everyone who is involved inprofessional medical care use energy healing as part of their treatments.

I hope that answers all questions there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • MJ Hannigan
  • MJ Hannigan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Guest
01 Jul 2012 17:16 #65556 by MJ Hannigan
Replied by MJ Hannigan on topic Jedi Healers

Jackofalltrades wrote: I practice Reiki and crystal healing. I've also flicked through a few books on chineese medicine.

Anyone read the Medstar novels?

Follow Jedi padawan Bariss Offee on a truly heroic mission to balence light and dark and explain how someone can be a healer and warior at the same time!

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/MedStar_II:_Jedi_Healer

man I should do the voice over for the trailer if it made into film! :D


What i liked about the books was that they showed that the Healers would still through down should they need to. Just because we focus on using the force for healing does not mean that we will not or should i say can not cause damage should we need to.

Yes I am a Jedi Healer, however I am also a martial artist of 20ish years now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Jackofalltrades
  • Jackofalltrades's Avatar
  • Guest
01 Jul 2012 17:35 #65563 by Jackofalltrades
Replied by Jackofalltrades on topic Jedi Healers
well I would have trouble refering to myself as a "Jedi Healer" what with alot of people confused as to what a "label" really means.

I won't tell you the entire philosophy but in reality if you did away with all labels then you would have to do away with the entirety of existance aswell.

So I take my hat off to you if you can call yourself a Jedi healer and really know what the term refers to! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.