Reintroducing the Crystal code.

More
9 years 7 months ago #159422 by Wescli Wardest

Aqua wrote: I do not want to bring the temple backwards, I am with the temple and her philosophy. ''Religion as connecting backward.''
Is for me like understanding the roots to understand how the tree grows. To say we grow without seeing the roots..

I agree with this line of thought. But I do not think that this would necessarily be something in the IP (the first set of lessons covered by Jedi at TotJO) but maybe better suited for an intermediate, or more advanced course of study, which we do have.

The IP is geared more to exposing the individual to the Basic concepts of Jediism and is by no measure the end of knowledge but a beginning of further wisdom. ;)

If that makes any sense at all. :laugh:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 7 months ago #159426 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.

Aqua wrote:

ren wrote: I find the crystal code rather cheap. The Jedi code is 27 years old and the updates it got since then (additional line, "yet" form) are quite good. When it comes to good food for thoughts any of the Franklin or La Rochefoucauld maxims would do a far nicer job in the IP. Want symbolism? What about the bindi.... etc

Call it cheap, call it a code of 27 Years vs a code of xx years..

Time does not matter, the Jedi code is ones made for the Star Wars saga, does it give more importance to you if it is from Star Wars directly or from a Fan made person? It is behind the lesson that is within the code, every dream we have, every thought we have.. It is all true in her own perspective. It is how you relate it with your own understanding that gives it the importance..
Now call it sceap, call it 27 years old ;) I do not see any difference between the two codes that makes it more or less cheap.

I do not want symbols, I want the story behind it and I can find it with help of myth and symbols I think. The Crystal code gives me a way to bind multiple understandings together. :)

... The point is that the Jedi code, which we actually use as part of our doctrine, is "younger" than "return of the jedi"... it's the work of a RPG book writer, which was then improved by a game company (bioware) in 2003. The Jedi code is good quality and representative of Jediism. The crystal code is a poorly-written representation of the relationship between a fictional character, their fictional weapon and the fictional properties of the fictional components of that fictional weapon. That's what makes it cheap and unsuitable for a task easily accomplished by the vast mountains of philosophical material we have at our disposal.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159428 by
Replied by on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.

ren wrote:

Aqua wrote:

ren wrote: I find the crystal code rather cheap. The Jedi code is 27 years old and the updates it got since then (additional line, "yet" form) are quite good. When it comes to good food for thoughts any of the Franklin or La Rochefoucauld maxims would do a far nicer job in the IP. Want symbolism? What about the bindi.... etc

Call it cheap, call it a code of 27 Years vs a code of xx years..

Time does not matter, the Jedi code is ones made for the Star Wars saga, does it give more importance to you if it is from Star Wars directly or from a Fan made person? It is behind the lesson that is within the code, every dream we have, every thought we have.. It is all true in her own perspective. It is how you relate it with your own understanding that gives it the importance..
Now call it sceap, call it 27 years old ;) I do not see any difference between the two codes that makes it more or less cheap.

I do not want symbols, I want the story behind it and I can find it with help of myth and symbols I think. The Crystal code gives me a way to bind multiple understandings together. :)

... The point is that the Jedi code, which we actually use as part of our doctrine, is "younger" than "return of the jedi"... it's the work of a RPG book writer, which was then improved by a game company (bioware) in 2003. The Jedi code is good quality and representative of Jediism. The crystal code is a poorly-written representation of the relationship between a fictional character, their fictional weapon and the fictional properties of the fictional components of that fictional weapon. That's what makes it cheap and unsuitable for a task easily accomplished by the vast mountains of philosophical material we have at our disposal.

In the way of looking, If I see the Crystal code without symbols I would say that you are right. If you try to see the Crystal code as a translation of symbols.. I shows something deeper..
Guess that the way of look makes the cheapness of the code.. If I could see your way I guess I would say it is a cheap code myself.. However I find the lessons behind the code not as cheap as the possible first intention of the code. :blush:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159431 by
Replied by on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.

Wescli Wardest wrote:

Aqua wrote: I do not want to bring the temple backwards, I am with the temple and her philosophy. ''Religion as connecting backward.''
Is for me like understanding the roots to understand how the tree grows. To say we grow without seeing the roots..

I agree with this line of thought. But I do not think that this would necessarily be something in the IP (the first set of lessons covered by Jedi at TotJO) but maybe better suited for an intermediate, or more advanced course of study, which we do have.

The IP is geared more to exposing the individual to the Basic concepts of Jediism and is by no measure the end of knowledge but a beginning of further wisdom. ;)

If that makes any sense at all. :laugh:

It make sense, those little understandings I found around me are forming my opinion. Different understandings over the time will change my own opinion. The thing is that I am trying to see the understandings around me..

I should say that basic is not just beginning.. A seed containing the message of the tree..

Gives me the question what we should consider basic, guess we learn our basic stuff as needed, but that we find our understanding of the basic stuff in a very wide.. range of vision. I love to read all those opinions.. to find my own roots if I may say it in this symbolic way.

How to know what to put in the seed, one change in the seed changes the tree, changing the tree will bring other seed.. Guess that I will learn the answer of that question in time.. :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi