Reintroducing the Crystal code.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159118 by
Dear Jedi,

I have wrote a lesson about the Crystal code. I want it in the Initiate program. I think it is the best to ask for the opinion of the temple. I hope that it will give the council a better opinion to reintroduce the code or to do it not.

The code teach us about pureness within the two choices of life, some call it slaying our dragon, others call it the hero`s Journey. The crystal code is a code of pureness during the choices made by our very own beings as one of the main lesson. The code shows us also the whole and the quest of Jediism, learn to make the pure choice to.

I do not see the reason why it should not be part of the basic study of a Novice. It is like asking a Novice to not understand the deep meaning of the code. I wonder why people did not ask much about Jediism, as me was told. It is like asking the community to do not ask about Jediism. It is the same as not accepting the code within the Initiate program.

Do you believe that the Crystal code is important for the Initiate program? And why do you think that it is important or not?

Please read my journal part bevore answering the question ;)
''Aqua`s Journal: Lesson 1: Myth: Part 6 - Masks of Eternity :Removed Lesson: Crystal code''

Click here to see the lesson I have written in my journal.

thanks for the patience of reading it, and answering it.

May the force be with the temple, her lessons and students,

~Aqua
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159119 by
Replied by on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.
I do not speak for the council, this is only my opinion. But every lesson jediism cannot be included in the IP, you guys would never finish it. So decisions were made, on what to keep and what could be more fully covered during an apprenticeship (which is much more thorough btw). So no need to get offended that that particular lesson isn't in there.

More
9 years 7 months ago #159120 by Edan
I think, in addition to what Desolous has said..

...There's nothing stopping you doing extra work.. I regularly do more than is assigned to me because I get something out of it. If you get something out of the Crystal Code, then great, do it.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Kit,

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 7 months ago #159121 by Jestor

Edan wrote: I think, in addition to what Desolous has said..

...There's nothing stopping you doing extra work.. I regularly do more than is assigned to me because I get something out of it. If you get something out of the Crystal Code, then great, do it.

Exactly what i was going to say...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Edan,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159124 by

Desolous wrote: I do not speak for the council, this is only my opinion. But every lesson jediism cannot be included in the IP, you guys would never finish it. So decisions were made, on what to keep and what could be more fully covered during an apprenticeship (which is much more thorough btw). So no need to get offended that that particular lesson isn't in there.

You have a good point after thinking about it :side: Thought that it was fully rejected. . . :blush:

So it was removed to be added on a other part of the journey? One side I can understand it because it is quite tricky to catch the meaning of the code.. other side it is quite a basic point in Jediism I guess.. I have a bit of a double feeling :unsure:

But thanks for the explanation of the removal.

More
9 years 7 months ago #159125 by Kit
As much as I love the Crystal Code, Des is right.

I'm in the Air Force. We have Core Values and an Airman ' s Creed that I wrote about in my IP because I felt it was important for me and who I am. :) the IP is to benefit the Initiate after all. There's all sorts of extra reflections and meditations in my journal. :D

More
9 years 7 months ago #159127 by Gisteron
And on that note, I'm not even sure what the crystal code says. You did try and illuminate it more in your journal entry and it is quite intriguing indeed. However, I do have trouble seeing the connection between what it says, as much metaphor as may be involved, and what you concluded what it says we should do or be. In fact, even if we were to grant that purity of choice would be one of the major teachings of the crystal code, that neither directs us in any particular or vague way, like "Passion, yet serenity" would, nor gifts us with a perspective of any significant aspect of our world, like "There is no chaos; there is harmony" does.
I would personally even go so far as to say that I don't know what you mean by "pure choice". Is it a definitive choice? One that we make without looking back thereafter? That's pure, I suppose, and to some extent there is some value to it, when one thinks of all the beating we give ourselves for making choices we regret. On the other hand, the code doesn't tell us what choice to make or what guideline to follow, but only to make it pure. That means that even if we make a wrong or evil choice, and have no second thoughts about it, that would still be a pure one. I think we should have rimorse. We should think about the past for we can learn valuable things from it to apply in the choices at our hands and those yet ahead of us alike.
There is some thought to be had looking over this code, but I think that the discussion or perhaps the guidance of a training master is what really makes it worth while. You can do it on your own and you can talk to your fellow Jedi about it. I doubt it would contribute much as a suggested, much less a required part of the IP however, just judging by how vastly vague and ambiguous it is and how little use most interpretations could squeeze out of it. The same use is also be much more accessible from other codes and other IP material.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159129 by
You could always sign up for an open sermon and have it posted then. It would be available for all Jedi, from the newest member to the returning seasoned Knight to read.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 7 months ago #159131 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.
I don't know how the crystal code ever got into the IP, but it was never a part of jediism, as the crystal code is a fairly recent star wars creation.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159132 by

Gisteron wrote: And on that note, I'm not even sure what the crystal code says. You did try and illuminate it more in your journal entry and it is quite intriguing indeed. However, I do have trouble seeing the connection between what it says, as much metaphor as may be involved, and what you concluded what it says we should do or be. In fact, even if we were to grant that purity of choice would be one of the major teachings of the crystal code, that neither directs us in any particular or vague way, like "Passion, yet serenity" would, nor gifts us with a perspective of any significant aspect of our world, like "There is no chaos; there is harmony" does.
I would personally even go so far as to say that I don't know what you mean by "pure choice". Is it a definitive choice? One that we make without looking back thereafter? That's pure, I suppose, and to some extent there is some value to it, when one thinks of all the beating we give ourselves for making choices we regret. On the other hand, the code doesn't tell us what choice to make or what guideline to follow, but only to make it pure. That means that even if we make a wrong or evil choice, and have no second thoughts about it, that would still be a pure one. I think we should have rimorse. We should think about the past for we can learn valuable things from it to apply in the choices at our hands and those yet ahead of us alike.
There is some thought to be had looking over this code, but I think that the discussion or perhaps the guidance of a training master is what really makes it worth while. You can do it on your own and you can talk to your fellow Jedi about it. I doubt it would contribute much as a suggested, much less a required part of the IP however, just judging by how vastly vague and ambiguous it is and how little use most interpretations could squeeze out of it. The same use is also be much more accessible from other codes and other IP material.

Aqua: ,,The crystal is symbol of purity ( purity in the way of balance, JingYang)''
about pureness.. So far I understand the symbolic or pureness.. pureness is like absolute uncorrupted, uncorrupted by duality, between Jing and Yang.. in balance, no more from one than from the other..

Jediism as the journey of purity,
Jediism as the journey of balance,
Jediism as the journey of the choice that will not affect. An state of enlightenment were you understand that duality is an physical way of seeing en seeing everything as one big whole.. It is true in the physical of course, but enlightenment as being closer to the spiritual.. an spiritual unity where the duality does not matter anymore

I guess that is what purity means for me personally at the moment.

Hope that it will answer your question ;)
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi