Reintroducing the Crystal code.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159133 by
Replied by on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.

Jamie Stick wrote: You could always sign up for an open sermon and have it posted then. It would be available for all Jedi, from the newest member to the returning seasoned Knight to read.

Love the idea ;) , guess it is not for me to say if it will be added, or parts of it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 7 months ago #159138 by MCSH
I like the idea of having things like this in Open Sermons...

If you like it to be posted pm me :)

Master: Wescli Wardest
Clerical Mentor : Master Jestor

Clerical Rank: Licensed Minister
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest,

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 7 months ago #159139 by Jestor

Aqua wrote:

Jamie Stick wrote: You could always sign up for an open sermon and have it posted then. It would be available for all Jedi, from the newest member to the returning seasoned Knight to read.

Love the idea ;) , guess it is not for me to say if it will be added, or parts of it.

It is, actually up to you...

If you would like, please message Alexandre Orion, or Akkarin for consideration as a sermon/lecture...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
9 years 7 months ago #159140 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.

ren wrote: I don't know how the crystal code ever got into the IP, but it was never a part of jediism, as the crystal code is a fairly recent star wars creation.

Probably because there was someone like me who has too much love for codes and creeds got it in there :D I think it really is a beautifully worded piece of text but it is heavily related to the Fictional Jedi and it's quite a bit of a stretch to make it pertain to the real Jedi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159141 by

Kamizu wrote:

ren wrote: I don't know how the crystal code ever got into the IP, but it was never a part of jediism, as the crystal code is a fairly recent star wars creation.

Probably because there was someone like me who has too much love for codes and creeds got it in there :D I think it really is a beautifully worded piece of text but it is heavily related to the Fictional Jedi and it's quite a bit of a stretch to make it pertain to the real Jedi.

mm.. I am wondering, someone must have told the first myth.. does it mean it is not true, or maybe I have to ask it different.. do words or creeds get more important in value if it is older?

That something is or.. was introduced does not mean that it is less important.. Personally I see the crystal code as some kind of basic knowledge. But I see it also as a advanced lesson and as no lesson..

The point is it could be all three.. It just depends on what it is worth for your own path. :cheer:
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159142 by

Jestor wrote:

Aqua wrote:

It is, actually up to you...

If you would like, please message Alexandre Orion, or Akkarin for consideration as a sermon/lecture...

Forgive me, your words are true and it is up to me. I shall send a pm including the lecture with the request, hope it will be of some use for people who love to study the crystal code in the future.

Understand that there are people who do not see the value of this information. Guess that I just have to say that there are no final questions nor answers at the end of the lecture, I should be more neutral of my minding.. is something for me to work on I guess.

More
9 years 7 months ago #159144 by Kit
Replied by Kit on topic Reintroducing the Crystal code.

Aqua wrote:

Kamizu wrote:

mm.. I am wondering, someone must have told the first myth.. does it mean it is not true, or maybe I have to ask it different.. do words or creeds get more important in value if it is older?

That something is or.. was introduced does not mean that it is less important.. Personally I see this as some kind of basic knowledge. But I see it also as a advanced lesson and as no lesson..

The weird thing is It could be all three.. It just depends on what it is worth for your own path. :cheer:

lol I just want to point out that I said I love codes and creeds ;D . The Airman's Creed is a very recent addition and I like it lots. It was introduced in 2007 (after I joined)

Just in case you're curious (and because I love it :D ) Here it is:
Warning: Spoiler!

Anyways BAACK on topic ;) To me the Crystal Code is about unity. If you go back to the symbolism of the sword, the sword is an extension of one's being. The Crystal Code seems to reflect that. I love symbolism and myth. When I'm not called to this one I spend most of my time in a dream world lol. I really do love the Crystal Code and many other mantras but as far as IP goes, I still feel that there are other codes and creeds that more readily pertain to real Jedi as a whole without jumping through a lot of linking symbolism to make it viable. It was written as a mantra for the Fictional Jedi students. At one point in their 'history', teachers would recite the Crystal Code as the student constructed their lightsaber (if the student wasn't building it in private) It was never intended as a part of Jediism and more difficult to adapt to the now, unlike the Jedi Code (also made for Fictional Jedi but much more relatable). And when a church is trying to maintain somewhat of a separation between the fiction and reality, things pertaining directly to lightsabers tend to get dropped. I understand why it's not in the IP and it's not a deal-breaker to me. As much as I love it, I still don't find it necessary for an Initiate's studies and I don't think it's basic studies.

Now, please don't get me wrong! If the Crystal Code catches your heart then by all means, run with it! I do! Inspiration comes from all sorts of places. The IP has changed a few times since I've started and I remember looking forward to going over the Crystal Code when I got there but I don't remember doing it so I think it was changed while I was in-progress. I did think of doing it myself anyways and got distracted :) Maybe I'll go back and do it again anyways.... And if I don't I'm sure Master Wescli may make me now that I've mentioned it :whistle:

If I felt things get more value as they get older I wouldn't call myself a Jedi ;) there are much much much older religions out there. I find value in things that capture my imagination and/or work for me. Myth, song, stories, creeds/codes, symbolism, whatever. One of the codes I find very useful in my life is only 46 years old and came out of a fiction book. (Litany Against Fear from Dune by Frank Herbert) In fact I included it in my last lesson XD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159150 by
There is no reason why the Crystal Code couldn't be re-added to the IP. Jestor says that each cause/request needs its champion and he is right. If this cause is something you really support then champion it. If enough people want this then get together and make a proposal of some sorts, but it takes more than one person to like an idea if you want to get that idea implemented.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 7 months ago #159152 by

Akkarin wrote: There is no reason why the Crystal Code couldn't be re-added to the IP. Jestor says that each cause/request needs its champion and he is right. If this cause is something you really support then champion it. If enough people want this then get together and make a proposal of some sorts, but it takes more than one person to like an idea if you want to get that idea implemented.

Understandable, I would love to see it in the IP and I am glad to champion it.

I see the Crystal code not as an idea, or as a principle. There is a basic reason that it is called a code, if not it would not be a code..

A code contains the basic lesson on witch other lessons are build. The Crystal code shows us also the whole and explains us that the whole is the sword and the crystal. The whole as a connection between the duality and balance. The crystal code shows us the relation between the physical and the mental. A lesson that I consider a fundament hidden in the Crystal code.
The Initiate program is a fundament to.. :blush: The Jedi creed is a fundament and the Jedi code is a fundament..
Last edit: 9 years 7 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 7 months ago #159159 by
The Crystal Code could be put in Lesson 5: Temple Doctrine, but that might require that it's part of the doctrine on the doctrine page. Is it covered during apprenticeship? If so then I'd say that's good enough for me.

I like the Crystal Code and think it's worth learning about but if it can't be added to the IP that's okay with me so long as we learn about it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi