Public
5 years 9 months ago #323808 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Very happy birthday to you my friend!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323831 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
I’m a thrift shopper by —- habit. My choice. Being from the street - and how I was raised I never had a library in my home. Never had the need or the want. Wasn’t in the mix of the grand scheme of things ya know. Now , the library is a room that gets frequently muddled -fuddled dirtied - used- slept in - played in- vacuumed and often than not - gets quite some use. As life happens, I search for things and usually find them at these thrift or resale shops. Here more recently now that I have sat down and penned the things I’m actually looking for. So - for instance when I pass by the - one Dr Seuss boom I’m lack My I will know - “grab the lady Godiva book” There are days I score stacks of similar authors or similar subjects.
I can tell you the vast majority of religions and how they practice and believe as well as how to take apart any type of car or truck thanks to a handy dandy book.

My library reminds me of life——how we can ignore it as I did at a blank time in my life or we can fill it as I am currently in the prosesss of. Our choice of subjects , authorizes , subjects and quantity is to us in love as humans to fill it with what we choose or like. $$$$$ We can EVEN get rid of a few , consolidate and upgrade versions of we like on said subjects in our own life’s. It take the want to and the practice. That’s all. What you got on your life shelf ? Is it dusty ? Is it lacking ? U wish there was more of somthing in your life ? Hit the road and search for it - seek and you WILL find - learn all you can ! Keep anything you want - we are human we have that right . Fill your life library.
Go —- do some searching -
Come back and share what u found !
We are all about sharing with one another - never tearing down or arguing - share - sooooo , Happy seeking and may the force you seek - find you as you seek it !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 9 months ago #324013 by Carlos.Martinez3
It’s a late Monday night and I’m sitting in my living room with the most wonderful people watching the most wonderful movie having the most wonderful time.
Being a Jedi or choosing to identify as one has given me the ability to become what I am. It has enabled me to freely choose what I am doing - right now.
Have you had that opportunity in your life ? Have you experience that freedom and pride ? Not a boastful harmful type but the satisfying type ? You can. If you choose to. Has your choices made you - right now - cynical and grouchy or some one you don’t like or some one you do? Can you enjoy your life right now? You can. If you choose to. Jedi ism doesn’t do it for you ... ... sometimes it’s just the ability to free yourself to be - yourself. The wind to your sails while you sail along- the pot to your Mac n cheese - the player to your favriot movie - the stitch - to your favriot blanket. It’s some times not the direct why, but , it can be the lead to the joy and the light we choose or find that makes the big diffrence.
Somthing to think about .
May the force be with y’all!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 9 months ago #324383 by Carlos.Martinez3
Something to think about ...

Every week I like to post things here of encouragment and foward thinking as well as every day Jediism. Real life aplications. Last week I had nothing. Couldn’t scrape the barell, couldn’t think of a thing to post. So I didn’t. This will happen. Some days you won’t have a thing to post or add. Some days you won’t have anything to add. That’s ok! Some days the minister needs ministering. Some days the leaders need leading. Some days the week is so heavy and stressful it seems like nothing can go right. This is life , real life. I encourage you as a real life Jeddist to be aware of this. It happens to every single one of us. Be ready. Be wise. It is said the wise when lost will seek the aid of those around them. Who do you got in your corner when your out of gass? Who do you have when all seems lost? What type of people do you frequent? Can you count on them to act or act up? These are questions every person should be able to answer for them selfs. What’s in your corner when you’ve retreated ? Somthing to think about this week Jedi. When push comes to shove - where do you fall? Where do you lay your sword down and retake or recharge or just take a break? You have the right to choose. Do you come back weak or - ready to continue the path. ? Are you encouraged or discouraged after you back up a bit ?
Make the adjustment if you need, and remember - your never alone here in this Temple!
May the Force we share - seek- and serve be with y’all.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #324396 by
Replied by on topic The Block
When I was younger, I always understood taking a break as accepting defeat. I believed by force of will alone everything is possible, saw my will as a whip to force myself to press on. With the years I came to the understanding of a simple truth: Theres is a body with its own needs, your mind, which needs time to process, your spirit, which tries to advise you by the way you feel...once existence is less like a singular thing, but more like a state - consisting of many political parties, governors, ministers and whatnot. And your will is the president. Its your choice if the head of your state is a tyrant or not :)

More
5 years 8 months ago #324531 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
Rest is a necessary part of being. I know me personally I love to retreat to myself and hide in processes I can repeat with out much thought. It's what I have been doing when I get that feeling. So, as I have been thinking on what you said this week; I noticed an ideal I hold myself for now after a lot of happenings earlier this year.

I have to stop the tunnel vision that stops me from realizing I do have a corner with people there and even when it seems like I can't take the time, I can because, I may be in my ring fighting by myself against the problems that come with life but I have some damn good coaches there I just have to find away to get back there, even if it means crawling back after a beating, inside knowing they will get me up on that stool and ready for the next round.

I hope this finds you well my friends. My inbox is always open.

Much Love, Peace and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #324575 by Carlos.Martinez3
By Virtue

Some have 3, some have 4, some have 7, some find 9, some have 10, some have 12 and some have more. Some say there are 52 basic virtues we can have. There are books crammed full of different ways to create and find virtue. On this earth, it is seen as wise in any walk or path to find and cultivate virtue. Vice can be said - is the opposite. Something to think about ... How do the things you do everyday - blossom? What is their result? Are we cultivating virtue or vice? Do we even realize some actions - some music- some books- some things- some ideas - can create one or the other? This week I hope you join me in the seeking and planting of virtue rather than vice - in that connection of seeking virtue - we can share - that Force. We can be connected by our actions - not by our labels. May the Force continue to find us all as we seek it !

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel, Kobos

More
5 years 8 months ago #324885 by Carlos.Martinez3
A boy was told a story and asked ...” the miner chips the mountains treasure and sells his findings to the world. Which would you rather be - the mountain - being sold and mined or the miner selling and receiving wealth? The boy said I would rather be the miner. The story continues with the man telling the boy - now ... the sun , shines bright and gives no rest for the miner working. Which would you be - the sun or the miner? The boy answer - awww that’s easy , I wanna be the sun. The man says - but now - come the clouds to block the sun and it’s power and hide it from the world. Which would you rather be? The boy says - the clouds ! Now - the man smiles and say- the clouds build and storm and blow wind and the mountain can not be moved standing talll and sure - which would you be? The boy giggeles and says I would much like to be the mountain now.”

Life is full of choices. Each moment is worth the next and each choice can be changed -
Funny how some choices come back to the beginning hu? A circle of life type of things hu? Some choices we make we must go thru the cycle of life or time so to speak. Stand firm in your choices and learn from them. Take strength on knowing the next one may be a step up or - a step thru - think about that Jedi this week and I hope as you seek it - the Force find y’all.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #325159 by Carlos.Martinez3
I like to post on Mondays but there are some Mondays that are so full , I gotta post it on a Tuesday.

I meet many who say “ I wish I could find peace.” Here’s a little way you can practice and find it.

Take a moment to sit down with a piece of scratch paper - post it’s- anything you can write on. Now think- in real life - what gives you peace. Where do you actually find it? What do you do that gives you actual peace. Write it down - separately. Have a few of them. Think - what brings you peace. Place them in a jar or container all togeather - when the time comes - walk to the jar or container and pull one out - and tell yourself how to find peace when ya need it. Be truthful so when the time comes, ya can’t really argue with yourself! You know you better than me. Fill your container with any thing you like that you find peaceful. Then ... use it !
I know this is at the bottom as my signature but I feel like it meeds to be said,

Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum

Force continue to find those who seek it !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #325338 by Carlos.Martinez3
Why me?

Ever asked that question? Ever wonder why exactly things happen to us the way they do? Something to think about this week is this, in the ebb and flow of things - we as modern day Jeddist believe in the Force. We believe in many different definitions of the Force as well. We come from many different styles of practice and faiths as well. There’s an old saying ...” as it rains there’s no use to complain”
Often times it’s easy to complain or object to things that upset us or throw us off our groove. It’s easy to ask why me. Been there- done that! Remember Jedi - things sometimes happen because it’s time - like rain or snow or time to eat. There is a cycle of life some days we have no control over. As is life. Take a few moments to think and to try to be prepared. Be ready for the rain. It may wash a few things out but it can also recharge a thirsty ground and bring bits of new hope where there wasn’t before.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi