The Block

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #321020 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
There is a line most of us have . Jedi or not - there exist a place where when we cross it - we know that some point is reached. Some of us , anger pain patience annoyance fun pleasure - can all be their limits. It happens to me not to often but it does happen. So...
What do you do when you reach that point? To be wise is to understand and define these moments as existent and to frequent them , sometimes can give us the ability to have a better understanding rather than just automatic meltdown. When that point is reached here’s a suggestion (only a suggestion) identify it and say “hey ! There it is !found it! Yay!!!!” At that point, the automatic response can change into something other than anger or what we are used to. Some times it’s the people I choose to have present that remind me of my goals and my focus.
From one Jedi to another think about this if you like - when you teach your point - any point - be glad you got the ability to see it and notice it and even maybe —- change the outcome !
May the force be with y’all as we all seek it!
We are never alone - especially in THIS please .

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #321054 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic The Block
Very thought provoking Master! You often post things that make me think about if I am doing the right thing and whether or not I can continue. You are an inspiration and you always drive me to push forward. This is definitely something to think about.
May the Force be with You Always

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 11 months ago #321055 by Carlos.Martinez3
And may the Force we both serve seek and find - continue to be with you My jack! Keep living your practice brother !

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #321339 by Carlos.Martinez3
Tuesday morning I sit with coffee (coffee thanks to my president ) and omlet s and good company. My wife’s got the audio of “teaching meditation” by Alan Wats playing . Truth be told it’s been about two years almost three years now with her IP.
We have talked about it so many times and Our actual practice of meditation is a key thing we even try to pass to the children we have.
Truth of the matter is - our time is full. All our time. Children - dishes - eating - breathing - cleaning- classes - lessons - work - groceries - man , some days we can’t even catch a break to do all the things we like. Some days we won’t have time or the effort or the availability to do things we like. So here’s my encouragement to all you great people here - realize that just because we don’t have time for things doesn’t mean they are not important to us. It’s the very human thing to say sometimes if I’m not directly in it ... It can’t have value and I can’t be satisfied with my involvement. I suffer this many times. The small freedoms I have I have learned and this one I learned from a grouchy old farmer.
“Carl-us- that’s how he said my name - Carlus - I’m a farmer in the winter as much as I am in the summer” think about that for a minute ... and may it help some one out there today.
All my heart my Temple . May the Force be with y’all as we seek it and as we find it !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel

More
5 years 11 months ago #321342 by Athena_Undomiel
Replied by Athena_Undomiel on topic The Block
Ah yes the IP, someday I will finish it, but as life happens some things fall to the back burner, but that doesn't mean they don't matter. Carlos and I discuss temple matters daily and although my presence is rarely seen, my thoughts are frequently with the temple. As far as our discussions in the house have gone, the IP seems silly to me at times because of the rudimentary status of the lessons in comparison to how far I have grown outside of them. It doesn't mean they aren't relevant but it does prove that without direct guidance and structure the Jedi path is available to all who seek it. HAVE A GREAT DAYS GUYS!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321354 by
Replied by on topic The Block
I have to say im not happy with my involvement wish i was here more doin more, and doin lesson in shorter time but it doesnt mean its not important as my self i think about it daily . life does happen i just tell myself i will try tomorrow sometimes it affects me in ways that i get to feeling bad bc i didnt get to do it or i get angry for the same reason or i just tell myself i get to it when i can to keep me from getting frustrated or down .

More
5 years 11 months ago #321357 by Carlos.Martinez3
Some times I remind my loved ones and myself -“ in my best crush voice from finding Nemo - dude - your riding it !!! Your a part of this , remember young Jedi , if it wasn’t for you there would be no us! Be well and may the Force CONTINUE to be with you friend !

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321380 by
Replied by on topic The Block
smile and nods thank u master as im glad i am a part of . definately took in a moment in where it makes u go hmmm so true ..

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #321620 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of my favriot people is Mr Fred Rodgers. While watching Mr Rodgers neighborhood with my son, the song - “it’s you I like” came on. He sings it himself. I remember growing up and watching it on a crappy little 1 ft box - at the old home I grew up in. Now , in 2018 we have a blue ray player and a much bigger television. While watching Mr Rogers - the part where he sings - I noticed some thing I never could have growing up - at the end part of the song , thanks to the blue ray - Mr Rogers tears up at the end of the song. That man ... gives us his whole heart some times. Any how, he says something often and since he says it in a book he says it as often as I can frequent it. Smiley face

“If you could only sence how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person. “

The world according to Mister Rogers - important things to remember

What are we as Jedi leaving with the people we meet - touch - we y’all to- what impression do we leave? Cus you know- we will most likely, we will see them again!
May the force be with y’all!

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 11 months ago #321873 by Carlos.Martinez3
Compassion
What a word . Some choose to live by it and even swear by it others ... well others don’t see it as a priority. In the real world we live in , there is a huge mix of every value and definition of this one simple word. If - what- how- and to what degree we value it is strictly to us as true individuals and as human beings. Even greater is who gets it from us. This week,
As we live and go to work or the store or even just stay home , let’s ask ourselfs - where compassion is and who gets it. Should we shift some ideas around? Can we ? Can we practice a bit more the simple word that can remove ones self so often. ? Maybe ... what’s your definition? Where do you practice ? Do you ?
May the Force be ever with you in your every day Jedi!

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi