The Block

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312205 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Shel Silverstiens Invatation

If your a dreamer, come in,
If your a dreamer , a wisher, a liar,
A hope-er , a pray-er , a magic bean buyer...
If your a pretender, come sit by my fire
For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in!
Come in!

To all the dreamers and schemers ... I encourage you to dream big. I also encourage you to have a plan for your dream. Don't just dream .... have a plan to make that dream come true . Dream yes , by all means but do what it takes to make that dream come into reality. Today - in the states we celebrate a day where a dreamer dreamt big. Against the common. He took the time and the effort to realize his dream. He stood tall, and was willing to take his dream ... to the next level.
He didn't just speak of a dream .. though that's what many of us remember.
He was arrested over 30 times while protesting and telling and sharing his dream. 34 some say exactly .

Attachment IMG_0798.JPG not found

I remember seeing this photo in a school book. What courage does one need and what resolve does a person need to know that no matter the cost - their cause is worth it ?
Can we as Jedi learn from photos like this?! I hope so.
One.. I did . Think about it . Can we be as brave as some of the leaders in the past ? Can we learn from them? In life, sacrifice is evident . Some of our "dreams " may take some sacrifice_-some may some may not. Dream - but be ready : be prepared for the rest of what your dream brings it May not be to the extream.r Realize there's more to things that just dreamimg
to change things , it takes action.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #312870 by Carlos.Martinez3
Today I sit with coffe in hand and under my cherry tree by my thinking chair. There is a stillness that comes. As I meditate I enjoy the calm before the storm . My mind relaxes as I get ready for the possibilities of screaming children pots clattering and people shuffling in and out of my home.
The peace I receive has to be set at times. The tree needed to be bought and fertilized planted, potted , watered - sprayed and trimmed. The coffe needs to be made. The dishes had to be washed and the time had to be cut out and planned for me to get this - peace . Some days we have to make our peace and put bliss. Some days we have to plan for it and some days like today we have to make time for it.
Peace - if you need it and can't find it - some days you have to make it .
Think about that this week my temple .

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Zero

More
6 years 2 months ago #313862 by Carlos.Martinez3
Somthimg to ponder my Jedi :
What are you doing ? What is it you seek? And even better ---- what is it creating ?

It is to every human to have the ability to "pass and review " their own life's and intention.
As Jedi we have the ability to check our own selfs out as often as we see fit. What is your search creating ? What type of Jedi is the current path you are on creating? Is your search creating tools for your heart or weapons to create conflict.? Are the labels your finding creating conflict and harm or are they starting to grow and begining to heal?
I hope this small reminder of pass and review helps your personal paths . I do this so often I penned "pass and review" lol may the Force we share seek and serve find you exactly where your looking for it !!!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos

More
6 years 1 month ago #314536 by Carlos.Martinez3
In the US we have kids meals and kid menus. Not sure how it is in the rest of the world. Today , my son said , dad , can I eat real food? He ordered French toast with a side of broccoli and eggs scrambled. He ate a bit of everything , didn't eat it all but in volume, he ate more. He even asked for some of my own fries (3) and had a blast as the buffet was on his plate. Took him a little longer too.
There will come a time in our learning when we no longer need milk and can chew and digest a bit more. Even further down the road our palate will change and grow. Take some time to realize this happens to us as we learn. Some day we may need a bit ... more or a bit ... difrent than what we have been used to. Grow my temple and notice the signs . Jedi are smart! May this week - when we study - may we study may we grow and may we even notice that weay no longer need what we used to yearn for ... that's ok. Open your palette and take a new try at new things. Take a deeper longer more larger portion... if your ready , you may be ...
may the Force we seek serve and see - be with y'all!

Ps .... you gunna eat that !!!? Smiley face !

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #315362 by Carlos.Martinez3
ITS MONDAY!!!

Your compass, I've spent some time out at sea- Coast Guard Cutter Eagle; Coast Guard Cutter Amberjack...skiffs, 44'ft rescue boats, 48' rescue boats, 12'ft rescue boats, launchas, pontoons, yachts, oil tankers (Exxon/Valdez sized), battle ships...Kitty Hawk, carriers...George Washington, and the ever famous vessel the USS Myself.
Yes, I have floated in the middle of the ocean, all by myself, and in every instance, it was a necessity to have a compass. Survival was due to the compass. Direction. In some cases I had several. There comes a time when we need to figure out in our past our own compass. It's every humans right and every Jedi s gift to be able to choose their own direction.
Often times we have questions. Questions are never wrong - or right - questions come. Ask your self - where will this lead me - yea I said it " question your questions" check your compass before you leave . Make sure your direction is the heading you want. You can have several ! So this weeks encouragment is check your devises - question your questions . Are they helping and keeping you foward and in the direction you like or ... are they leaving you afloat lost ... with no direction to return?
May the force be with y'all This week!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley

More
6 years 1 month ago #315771 by Carlos.Martinez3
Friday edition :
In the prosesss of learning we find and in finding we are compelled to teach others those great Things we have learned first hand.
There can come a time in this step when the focus shifts from learning and the upset begins and the learning stops. Don't find that spot and stay there Jedi.
Remind yourself of your focus. I read so many staments that sum up this very pause in learning. " Yoda- "Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Hmmm. Too sure of themselves they are. Even the older, more experienced ones." This happens too often in modern day Jedi ism. Friday edition: be mindful of the future but not the expense of the present.
The living force ...
The one present living now.

Your path has guided you for so long to this place of finding things and finnaly knowing certain ideas as helpful and non helpful.
Keep them ! If you wish - share them. Don't let anger or upset come in where there needs to be none.
Happy days Jedi !

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #315858 by Carlos.Martinez3
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/Clergy/120861-carlos-book-of-change#315843

Build, not tear down.

More
6 years 1 month ago #316709 by Carlos.Martinez3
In his world we live in - there are many MANY difrent people . To be precise, The world population was estimated to have reached 7,500,000,000 at 16:21(UTC) on April 24, 2017.
Seven and a half billion. None of one is like the other. No two fingerprints are the same. No voice is duplicated. Think about that.
Think about this - all those people - and we choose to be Jedi. We believe in the inherit worth of 7.5 billion people. Do we act like it ? Better question ... do we live like that? Are we at awe at the mind blowing possibilities that are Standing or standing right next to us at the store or in public? What's the sight we have now? What do we see the world as ? "Sweeney Todd says "there's a hole in world , like a big black pit ... and it's filled with people who are filled with shit " that's the face we have ? Or is it difrent ? What's your face ? What's your face saying? There was a American president out with 2 of his secret service agents back in the day of horse and carriage and they met a man walking from one town to the other . The man quickly said sir ... may I have a ride to town- the president said of course and took him the way he was going any way. When they reached the destination he asked the man why didn't you ask them - the man replied "you had a yes face"
Jedi - what face you got ? Love ya Temple
Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Locksley, Cyan Sarden

More
6 years 1 month ago #316711 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
very inspiring brother!

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #317513 by Carlos.Martinez3
With destruction comes it's shadow.
When we destroy- balance is effected. When we choose to destroy our effort centers around this idea and we are focused on a single sight. (Often) It can take our focus and keep it longer than expected. Anger is a feeling we were born with as joy and fear. Nothing wrong with being mad. We all get upset. It's a natural path. For some this path can keep us. It's so strong and so frequented it's overwhelming.During it's presence, anger tends to take our personal focus to a place we may tend to over see it in a way like we almost forget we have other feelings and can think. Then something happens ... then we begin to destroy. We forget- Our actions from the feeling begin to bloom anger - no longer in thought form but action. Destructiveness starts - we yell at our loved ones - ignore them - hurt them. We allow something else to take the wheel -and drive. If we use our thinker - often times we would say - why would I do that ? Why would I say that ? Was that me ?
As Jedi we like to think we can be- Jedi in things especially in anger or destructiveness in our own lives . When I say Jedi the idea of a Jedi type of control and demonstration is intended. It can be possible to begin on a path of destructiveness and even easyer to stay and be held. Take some time and notice where we are at in our paths. If we are un raveling more than we are creating maybe it's time to re focus . If our focus has shifted , Maybe we can re shift it - if something else drives the mind maybe it's time to change out drivers and help ourselfs out of that shadow that holds us far too often.
Force be with y'all my friends and my temple! Something to think about this week!

Build, not tear down.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi