The Block

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #325636 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
An excerpt from one of my fav daily reads, “As a man thinketh “ by James Allen

“...The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors ; that which it loves, and also that which it fears; it reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchasened desires and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.”

Take a moment to think about that. As a human - we attract what we will. If one frequents themes of doubt, fear, hate , in songs , view , and in thought - that's is what is planted. That’s what one attracts. So, to change the attraction - shouldn’t we change our - focus.? This is a part of our focus- what we frequent. Those are as much seeds as anything else in life. Old timers used to say -“ don’t go sowing your wild oats then hope for crop failure.” The same can be said today. We get what we put in. Something to think about my fellow modern day Jeddist !
May the Living Force be ever with you!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, Cyan Sarden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #325637 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
You’re right brother. Our lives are determined by what our mind perceives and how. Any anger, any love, any happiness, any fear is always from within. It’s up to each and everyone of us to shape our perception in a way that’s positive for us.

As this is a completely internal process, it’s very hard to make progress here. It entails that we can’t blame others for our personal misery, for starters. We can only blame ourselves. If we don’t develop a healthy way of seeing the world and reacting to others, we’re doomed to live life assigning blame, constantly finding fault in others and never actually finding personal happiness.

On the positive side: of we actually manage to engrain this, I won’t matter how and with whom we live, it won’t matter if others seem to be mad or angry or mean, we’ll be under total control of our happiness.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Cyan Sarden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 7 months ago #325638 by Carlos.Martinez3
My man!
Blame - to me- is the hardest thing to remove from our vocabulary and from ourselfs. Truly , if one can slay and tame the Blame, we can begin to change the world by ourself every day. ( that’s a double entrendre , intended! )

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden

More
5 years 7 months ago #325836 by Carlos.Martinez3
The constant thing in life is Change.
No matter how often I am reminded or I would like for everything to stay the same, change happens. I see it in this new thing called - updates. Drives me batty some days. Im old school in my train of mind that if its right then it need not be adjusted or fixed. As I walk this path longer and with more people who I have met and walk along with, im learning more things everyday. Im growing and with growth comes, new and old. Never right or wrong for me but, new and more. Im learning new ways I could have never seen and didn't know possible. im finding new sides to things I could never see for myself with out the aid of that one special heart, right next to me who has been there and done that. What a awesome thing this Jedi Way can be. Its taken this ol "why change things if they work..." idea to a whole new level. The things ive seen and the stories ive shared with others while my few years in a place like TOTJO have had such a wonderful impact that those closest to me and my heart have felt the difference. I encourage every heart represented here in the Temple to continue to remind ourselves every step of the way- updates can be a good thing, depending on what they allow us to become. To many- and the whole thing can lock up, not enough and things don't run smoothly, so as we continue to seek the Force and share it and for those who choose, serve it, remember, Change is a constant thing. Make room for it and don't get too grouchy when it comes. It may just be the update ya need! May the Force be with yall still!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
5 years 7 months ago #325837 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block
Thank you Brother, true words. The only constant in one‘s life is you yourself. That‘s why I‘ve been preaching that lasting happiness can only come from the inside. If you need something lasting, it needs to be from within you. Anything around you is in constant flux.

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.

More
5 years 7 months ago #326057 by Carlos.Martinez3
Our creed we share here says in its beginning

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness,Joy

We never tell another how or what type of love to bring or what type of pardon or which faith or what to hope for or which light or shade or even what type of joy to use - THOSE are up to the Jeddist to apply on their own. Think about that this week- our doctorine clearly states - it’s all on you to apply your own love like only you can - for you to pardon those who you find need your pardoning or some form of it some how - for your type of faith to be shared - for you to give hope in a way you know - for your light to be displayed or shared - for you to be the bringer of joy!
Think about that Jedi - insert all you - Creeds can be a awesome thing when you think about them -
Force be with y’all my Temple !

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #326058 by
Replied by on topic The Block
i think that goes hand in hand with, we are our own worst critic :)

More
5 years 7 months ago #326064 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic The Block

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: An excerpt from one of my fav daily reads, “As a man thinketh “ by James Allen

“...The soul attracts that which it secretly harbors ; that which it loves, and also that which it fears; it reaches the height of its cherished aspirations; it falls to the level of its unchasened desires and circumstances are the means by which the soul receives its own.”

Take a moment to think about that. As a human - we attract what we will. If one frequents themes of doubt, fear, hate , in songs , view , and in thought - that's is what is planted. That’s what one attracts. So, to change the attraction - shouldn’t we change our - focus.? This is a part of our focus- what we frequent. Those are as much seeds as anything else in life. Old timers used to say -“ don’t go sowing your wild oats then hope for crop failure.” The same can be said today. We get what we put in. Something to think about my fellow modern day Jeddist !
May the Living Force be ever with you!

Thank you!!
Someone once said you are always practicing something, I think this goes with what you're saying here Knight Carlos Martinez!
In a real sense, any thought that you are focusing on will increase in your perception
You can tell someone to not notice the color blue, but as you invoke the noun or subject (in this case, blue)
it is summoned forth. This is why people always say think positive. I say don't think of blue or the smell of cinnamon but
even just the momentary focus invokes it. It's better to focus on things that bring you joy, and true happiness. Inner Peace maybe?

If we start our focus on the things that we don't want to invoke in our perception, OR we have to deal with something undesirable, in our lives that's ok!
Life is here to show you what you DO want as well as what you DON'T want! It's hard know what to focus on without knowing what not to focus on
when the two are probably as connected as peace and war. There is no concept of peace if not for people warring. It would just be life!

Anyway than you for bringing our attention to Focus!

Focus:
Focus is the art of pruning the irrelevant and pouring the best of your mind into what you are doing.

What are you doing?!?

Apprentice To Knight Atania
IP Team

More
5 years 7 months ago #326071 by Carlos.Martinez3
@Tetra- and that’s one of the main ideas here is to remind each other of the things we know. In turn- maybe it can help one another ! Force be with you as we seek it !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #326093 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Hi :) i'm here. just watching the hurricane updates right now. we're just south of myrtle beach, and where florence is moving away from us, we're still in the cone.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi