The Block

More
5 years 5 months ago #328571 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Often the word achieve can be placed in for success. Where I’m from, the focus of success is everything. From a job to a career to a set of ideas on family and friends and cloths and food and.... the list goes on for days.
At random times my 5 year old will remind me of what I teach him- “ know when enough is enough” and most times he pipes that - he’s right. When we achieve and acomplish things do we give it the credit that it’s due? I remember when my focus was a bit different I would complete something, then just fly to the next objective because I didn’t make the time , have the time or just really didn’t think about it. Today I remind us - and myself - when done with something, stop and be done - rejoice for your accomplishments - drink and toast and dance and sing and be happy - rather than just somber on to some larger day - have many smaller days of joy rather than just one ! Wink! Heck , share one with some one !
May the Force we share - seek- serve - be with y’all this week.

As David Bowie says - just ... dance!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Athena_Undomiel, mkendall, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328811 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Dance

Do you dance? How and what do you dance to? Is dancing an important part or any ... of your modern day Jedi ism? Is there different ways to dance ?

Close to my love we sway. Some days dancing helps stop a lot of grrr and frustration for us.
Some days I’m so excited, me and Kevin Bacon get our feet loose!
Some days I meditate and sway and enjoy the sun, or the wind or even the rain.
I dance in the rain. Alone or with my loves. ( my 5 year old boy)

So today the question is - do you dance Jedi? Do Jedi dance? Do these (you guys ) type of modern day Jedi cut a rug? Do ya groove?
I look forward to your responses!
If ya don’t ... try it out .
Force be with y’all!

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328813 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Yes I love dance,

I used to dance a contemporary dance and ballet in dance school InDance
Latter I get into selective dance group the PopBalet, there was increased a dance lessons
Which also contained a ballet lessons. Twice participated a dance internship > Dance without limits.
Altogether I danced 9 years.
But I had to interupt visiting a dance course,
because nowadays I have ahead of final school leaving exam. So I have to learn.

Concurrently I still dance a ballet at home, because it miss me so much.
But it isn´t same wonderful experience like, when you are inside the dance school,
where is the large dance spaces with many mirrors. And peoples, whose dance with you.
So there is cumulate a great current of energy and you are part of it. < one dance choreography = one being at the same time.

I am looking forward to the graduate, because after that I would like go to dance internship Dance without limits and again continue
to dancing in dance school.
> Sometimes I let abduct myself > I dance on music and creating a random choreography < which I forget at the moment - I do it,
but there is more important to let flow the music and movement together. It´s absolutely freedom and happiness for me.
I recommend to you!

Is here anyone who dance too, don't hesitate and please write your experiences.
Dance movement with you :)
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

More
5 years 5 months ago #328814 by Carlos.Martinez3
When I’m happy I salsa and jump or freestyle myself. With others I waltz which to me is the easiest and funnest . I’m

Attachment E6C34F3C-0441-45AD-B9DF-D079BA221BC9.gif not found

Or some times I just get down and throw my hands in the air some times and say - heyyyy yo !

Attachment 29BC6330-522B-4CAC-B855-0B15C4DA14C5.gif not found

I like dancing . There’s a very real connection when ya do with others too.

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron,

More
5 years 5 months ago #328840 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic The Block
LOL

Apprentice To Knight Atania
IP Team
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328865 by mkendall
Replied by mkendall on topic The Block
https://media1.tenor.com/images/4a217a2e182fb91568af664187c7a1f5/tenor.gif
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by mkendall.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

More
5 years 5 months ago #329115 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ever miss one thing and realize now your gunna be behind for a bit? My sons has these dominos - actually they are wooden planks in the shape of dominos with no numbers on them. After so much planning and setting up the ever moment can come when accidentally or through no fault of our own or even because of us our stack begins to fall. Most times I wanna
Yell -“ Dang it “and watch them all tumble down.

I was at Fort Bliss for some time and during my stay there, at the “mall” there was a man who sold hand made glass items. Beautiful colors and melted do dads made a very fragile type of art. His specialty was roses. No joke and every soldier there some how some way had one or a few of his works in their homes.
So, I would see him over a butane torch melting things every now and then at the mall and it happened one day I accidentally hit the cart he had and dropped a figurine. Crash! Broken pieces of a alligator slid and flew every where. It was his reaction that I’ll never forget ... with his protective glasses on he said - ohh one of the properties of glass is it easily breaks... that’s what makes it so beautiful. He scooped all the glass into a small box and said don’t worry friend - I melt glass, I do it for a living and - I’m good at it ! We both smiled and went our way.
How we stack or how we do or even what we do- can some days become out of sync or even shattered beyond belief some days - life is full. How we react can make the difference between catching up or staying behind. Our focus can also play a key role like my friend at the PX - so today is Tuesday- not Monday ... yet here we are ! Let’s remember life happens- when undone or out of schedule what do we do? Can we be vigilant or do we let it take all our focus?
Happy seeking Jedi and as always - May the Force be with y’all this week!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mkendall

More
5 years 5 months ago #329328 by Carlos.Martinez3
There’s a saying by Winston Churchill said somthing that sticks with me in my Jedi path - “You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw rocks at every dog that barks.”
I guess the same can be said about a modern day Jedi “The journey we take can be kept often by the words we use to free - the difference is not what we use but in the application of intent and how often we “swing at the dark.”

How many times in my life I just argued. Just to get my point across as right. Just to make the point -“ I’m right!” Back then it seems all to easy to just chalk it up to beginners trail and error but now not so much. Now I find myself the go between or even the peace keeper. Odd for me- a step out of my own element. I’m a fighter ! Bring it on I say. Some times ... there’s really no need for a fight ( for me anyway) . Some days it’s more of a bettermoption to continue and DONT stop -even if you will win... - even if your right - some days there’s no need . Oh , that I would live in a world where it wasn’t fight some one was so freely than to give rather than peace or a hand to help. Well if it’s gunna be let it begin with ... me. Can it be we? Something to think about. Not every one is that same and I know - I count on it actually now a days but if we all just tried ... imagine what trying at the next level could create ? Force be with y’all!

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 4 months ago #329638 by Carlos.Martinez3
There are always more to things that meets the eye. There are always more sides to things than we think. Motives - actions - ways - things - we some times can’t see. Life is funny like that. In this light - some days we may never see the whole picture or even all the contributing factors. There may be times when we do and those moments are so nice but in reality and in ceartain settings, we must understand this or - be unbalanced often. Upset is often un balance. Why don’t I know everything or see everything that has brought this moment here....
This is one of life’s most frustrating things - not being able to know everything and not having the answers we would like. There’s a old saying “ grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”
Somtjimg to think about THIS week.
May the Force continue to be with y’all as we all seek it .

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron

More
5 years 4 months ago #329672 by Tetrahedron
Replied by Tetrahedron on topic The Block
Nice!!

Apprentice To Knight Atania
IP Team