• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349308 by
Replied by on topic Is the water live?
Within this thread I wanted to hear your opinions,
not to convince others about their wrong perception,
and arguments, which are totally out of Jedi code - Emotion yet peace.
/seems common for lot of thread out there((:

At the page (3) I did correct my mistake with conception of discussion as Kuro point out,
So, I assumed that you all read it. For next time I will choose a different title.

I apology to those who didn´t read it, we could avoid a lot of drama.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349310 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Is the water live?
I assume someone else has brought this up but i cannot consider water to be alive because it doesnt evolve. The water cycle is not evolution. Evolution is a like a tree with branches reaching out in all directions, the water cycle is a consistent cycle of molecular change that is driven by temperature. Water isnt aware, doesnt grow and it doesnt reproduce. Water is capable of dissolving almost everything but it doesnt intentionally consume organisms and convert this into cellular energy. Water doesnt have cells, at all. All life on our planet meet these criteria - they have cells, they evolve, they have some means of recognizing and interacting with the world around them, they consume food for energy, they grow and reproduce. Water does none of these things so i dont believe water to be alive.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,
More
4 years 1 month ago #349312 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Is the water live?
Water does none of these things so i dont believe water to be alive

I do - regardless of those ideas - does that mean one of us is right and one of us is wrong ? I have a list of reasons why I believe it is? It’s not just by this specific but can a yes and a no exist together? Where are the odds ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm,
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #349315 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Is the water live?
Respectfully, i believe that one of us is right and that one of us is wrong.... but i dont feel that i have to battle in order to prove which is which. Can we co-exist? Certainly.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Rex, , Malicious
More
4 years 1 month ago #349316 by Carlos.Martinez3
Yes - we can.
We can even encourage others who don’t believe like us... think about that if you like.
Some will , some can’t some won’t- the hugest thing in my own modern day Jediism was taking the - pill of not being the center of everything and every one- the whole part of the circle not the center of it but even that can be a many faces idea as well. It takes practice and a bit of time- it did for me. Not every one will subscribe to MY - ideas - I’m ok with that. Makes ME less salty. I don’t speak for others.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Garm, OB1Shinobi,
More
4 years 1 month ago #349317 by Carlos.Martinez3
How- that’s the big question - do I love my family - yes now - today - HOW will I do it ... how will I let my ideas and my convictions and my codes and my faith and beliefs - how - will I do them today? Big questions ! How can I let those who don’t believe water is alive be...??? Hmmm smiley face!

Or not... choices choices

Build, not tear down.
More
4 years 1 month ago #349326 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Is the water live?

Fyxe wrote:

Manu wrote:

Fyxe wrote: Well if that's true then you have failed miserably at how to behave and your understanding of reality.

How so?

I don't know, maybe you need to answer that question for yourself.

Well, if you don't know, then why would you say that?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349338 by

Manu wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Manu wrote:

Fyxe wrote: Well if that's true then you have failed miserably at how to behave and your understanding of reality.

How so?

I don't know, maybe you need to answer that question for yourself.

Well, if you don't know, then why would you say that?

I do know. but that does not mean I can tell you what is wrong. you have to figure that out for yourself in order to grow from it.
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349339 by

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote:

Adder wrote:

Fyxe wrote: NOPE, wrong on all counts.

Believe is not a choice or a tool. You cant choose what to believe in. it just happens

Yes you can, I do it all the time...so who is 'wrong'?

You are. What you are describing is faith not belief.

How would you know? Feel free to clarify your understanding and how that applies to me!

Because it's a fact that belief is not a choice. Either you are convinced of something or you are not convinced of it. That is belief. The other, faith, is choosing to follow a doctrine based on nothing more than desire. This is even different than worldview, which is also belief, something you have no choice in.

Why can't you change something your convinced of? That's the benefit of honesty and commitment.... discovery and positive growth vs defensiveness and stagnation.

I dont believe I EVER said beliefs dont or wont or cant change. I have only ever said that you have no choice in believing a thing or not believing a thing at any point in time. It's a matter of being convinced or not convinced. That is all.

You seem to believe that belief is forced upon by circumstance only... otherwise its a faith? I think faith is the type of trust associated with belief and don't make the same semantic distinction as you... because I've not found any difference in the quantity or quality of results possible from forced or created alterations in these things. Worldview most definitely can change by circumstance, but also be design, by choice... perhaps your different perspective is to the degree of control and placement of 'authority' to/over it, in the process. Same with belief... its believed while its a belief but once no longer believed is no longer a belief and does not require faith.. ie changed, ie can be used as a tool.

Belief IS forced on you! thats what Im trying to say! faith is not though. Belief is the state of being convinced of something. faith is the choice of acceptance of something that you may or may not be convinced of and does not require proof.

Ill show you an example. Do you believe in God or not? There is absolutely no proof that a God exists and yet we can have faith that one does based on a desire to accept or other such internal processes. However belief there is no choice. for example do you believe that tigers exist in this world? There is tons of evidence they do exist. you can see them on TV or in the zoo and they are in books and sometimes in the news. people can tell you accounts of their existence as well. All this is evidence that convinces you tigers exist. Now I shall ask you, can you just stop believing they exist? And I dont mean just tell my you dont believe the exist but really just stop believing they exist?
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 1 month ago #349345 by
Please guys can you end it up? Your word´s gunfight leads nowhere
and causing lot of useless drama and emotional suffering within temple.

If you have something to topic, share it with us.
Otherwise you can continue with personal message conversation.
Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi