Why so many people become disappointed with this community

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #327019 by

Tellahane wrote: I'm pretty sure council voted to allow guests to post in Jediism, I changed the permissions myself...I'll poke council...

This is correct. Permissions were changed ages ago..

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #327022 by Tellahane

Arisaig wrote:

Tellahane wrote: I'm pretty sure council voted to allow guests to post in Jediism, I changed the permissions myself...I'll poke council...

This is correct. Permissions were changed ages ago..

Rosalyn is aware, shes going to contact Ren and have it looked into.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 7 months ago #327023 by Rosalyn J
I've spoken w/ren

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane

More
5 years 7 months ago #327026 by Tellahane

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #327029 by
Is there some sort of ETA on allowing that? Just checked and its still read only for Guests.

More
5 years 7 months ago #327030 by Tellahane

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is there some sort of ETA on allowing that? Just checked and its still read only for Guests.

It's when Ren can get to it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, ,

More
5 years 6 months ago #327050 by Rex
So this whole thread has been incredibly insightful into people's perception of the temple and their sort of paradigm for how it ought to work. It seems like there are several big points (all of which I agree with to a certain extent)

1.) Honesty in approaching how literally/seriously we take temple doctrine and review ranks in light of that

2.) Transparency in changes and decisions, rather than hearing about things second hand (functionality-wise and things like deactivating accounts)

3.) Delineating official statements from opinion (relevant only to councilors etc.) And maintaining a standard for both (some of you guys are always sweet, but some have incredibly immature moments)

4.) Personality conflicts. Yup, that might (probably) not go away

I've had amazing and incredibly disappointing/frustrating times here. Several councilors have stated it's an awful lot of work, so what can us plebs do? It seems like things are run by an unchanging group, so what do any of us expect

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
5 years 6 months ago #327051 by Tellahane

Rex wrote: So this whole thread has been incredibly insightful into people's perception of the temple and their sort of paradigm for how it ought to work. It seems like there are several big points (all of which I agree with to a certain extent)

1.) Honesty in approaching how literally/seriously we take temple doctrine and review ranks in light of that

2.) Transparency in changes and decisions, rather than hearing about things second hand (functionality-wise and things like deactivating accounts)

3.) Delineating official statements from opinion (relevant only to councilors etc.) And maintaining a standard for both (some of you guys are always sweet, but some have incredibly immature moments)

4.) Personality conflicts. Yup, that might (probably) not go away

I've had amazing and incredibly disappointing/frustrating times here. Several councilors have stated it's an awful lot of work, so what can us plebs do? It seems like things are run by an unchanging group, so what do any of us expect

The biggest, most important thing you can do......write...write like the wind bullseye!

Council has more then enough on their plate to practically make it their full time job if they somehow could get paid to do it. Between running the clergy, handling membership applications, moderator reports, policing conflicts, managing the forums, maintaining the site, reviewing IP journals, reviewing apprenticeship journals in prep for knighthood, they are more or less tapped.

If you agree that descriptions could be better, if things could be laid out better, then write it out. Your an apprentice so you have been through the IP, You have spent some time in an apprenticeship, take the opportunity to talk to your TM about knighthood, and then write about it all, share with those that are coming up, generate that content and submit it for review and use. The best thing anyone can do here is share their knowledge and experiences, trials and errors, and the wisdom that comes from all of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Rex

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago #327100 by

Tellahane wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Is there some sort of ETA on allowing that? Just checked and its still read only for Guests.

It's when Ren can get to it

Still not fixed?

More
5 years 6 months ago #327101 by Rosalyn J
Its currently in discussion in Council

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi