What would help the Temple Be A Better Place? Suggestions please...

More
6 years 7 months ago #293487 by Yugen
Thank you Rosalyn J and Tzb for your clarifications of the situation, I'm glad you will bring it up Rosalyn

TOTJO Novice

Yugen (幽玄): is said to mean “a profound, mysterious sense of the beauty of the universe… and the sad beauty of human suffering”

IP Journal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #293489 by
What would help TOTJO become a better place?

That is simple more topless pictures of Hannigan.

Aside from that my personal view is simple. People should be more concerned with talking with others and less concerned about valuing what a person says because of the rank or position that person has here at totjo. There are too many politics and not enough discussions on concepts as it pertains to being a Jedi in the real world. A last thing I would say is bring back Master War Beauty. When she was at totjo things were much more productive then they seem to have become.

Keep in mind these are my opinions not my facts so take them or leave them, choose and act.

More
6 years 7 months ago #293518 by Breeze el Tierno

Yugen wrote:
3. Trash the favoritism
There is a favoritism on TOTJO, and if you deny it then you haven't experienced it yourself. Some people being elevated and receive feedback other novices could only dream of. Don't say that there isn't content to feedback, there is. Respond equally to all novices or don't reply at all.

Can you describe this more? On what is the favoritism based?

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #293520 by Proteus
I don't find that I'm concerned with the technicalities of this temple (not that they are ultimately unimportant). I don't believe they are at the heart of what can make it better or worse where it really counts.

I think it's more the disposition of us that is.

And not "those people in council/clergy/knights/etc, but not me". No. It's ourselves, including me.

I wonder, if we all tried to constructively point our personal concerns and judgments about other people in the temple (and outside of it) toward ourselves to acknowledge the things inside of us that reflect (and even connect) what we are concluding and casting on each other, what kind of effect that would have on the temple as a whole, its politics, its ranking structure, its education system, its relations with other jedi communities and so on... (when reading above don't think of someone else who ought to do that, let's imagine ourselves with it)

Of course, not everyone is at that place yet, and I don't think there will ever be a time when everyone at the same time can be...

So perhaps, among the technical stuff being suggested, we also apply some importance on those who are at that stage being able to sincerely pardon those of us who are not, and to be an example of what that looks like... what it means.

Less seriousness, more sincerity (and more humour)

Less doubt, more trust.

Less ego, more humility.

Less jadedness, more inspiration.

Less debate, more dialogue.

Less preaching, more storytelling.

Less conclusion, more curiosity.

And I know this isn't such a practical answer. But that is probably why it can be important to consider.

It is the phantoms of our own feelings and thoughts that slip by us to the point we convince ourselves they aren't even there, always pulling the strings attached to everything else that is.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Proteus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Alexandre Orion, Cyan Sarden, Yugen, Kobos

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 7 months ago #293522 by ren

There is a favoritism on TOTJO, and if you deny it then you haven't experienced it yourself. Some people being elevated and receive feedback other novices could only dream of. Don't say that there isn't content to feedback, there is. Respond equally to all novices or don't reply at all.

Is this a serious request?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
6 years 7 months ago #293526 by JamesSand

Respond equally to all novices or don't reply at all.

Is this a serious request?

Probably in the heat of the moment...

Anyway, are Knights covered under a State, Industry or Federal award for pay and conditions?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 7 months ago #293534 by ren
According to the occasional runaways they're under the pre-civil war scheme. Basically we don't pay them and they work every hour of every day.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #293926 by
I am thankful with what we have. :) Though I might have an idea.. what if there was a cooking section on the forums? :woohoo: Everyone could post their most enjoyable recipes in one of the spesific sub sections and when you feel hungry you can take your phone to the kitchen to search out something to make.. Or look on the PC, as I do not use my smartphone.. much, something like that? :blush:

The changes and plans that I have seen across the Temple lately are lovely, lets not forget that too!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by .

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #293929 by Vigebo
I saw this up the thread to change the IP a little bit. For someone like me that have english as my second language it is kinda hard to fully understand Lesson 1 and 2 in the IP. I began two years ago on the IP and left because the IP wasn't interesting to me when I didn't understand it, and I think that drives many people away from the temple. Switch the IP around so you begin writing about Jediism, other religions and the "easy" stuff at first. Then the current lesson 1 and 2 can be like "the hard ending of the schoolyear with all the exams".

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #293931 by MadHatter

Vigebo wrote: I saw this up the thread to change the IP a little bit. For someone like me that have english as my second language it is kinda hard to fully understand Lesson 1 and 2 in the IP. I began two years ago on the IP and left because the IP wasn't interesting to me when I didn't understand it, and I think that drives many people away from the temple. Switch the IP around so you begin writing about Jediism, other religions and the "easy" stuff at first. Then the current lesson 1 and 2 can be like "the hard ending of the schoolyear with all the exams".

The IP can be done in any order you wish. There is no requirement to do them in order.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi