What would help the Temple Be A Better Place? Suggestions please...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #314877 by
Sure you don't seem like you all want to learn anything... its more about relative semantics and being right about your own path, perception and ego design... and less about what you can do for the other... a very bad sign... that the force you love so much is not actually present within you and that even if you tried harder you could not because your stuck in your own ruts... this is not conducive to a learning environment and less becoming of a true Jedi... I would say: its just a matter of time and their won't be many left now... the real hardcore ones that actually change the world with their intentions and actions and are not caught up in their reactions and ego offended when someone has something to say about service...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #314880 by

JEDIONE777 wrote: Sure you don't seem like you all want to learn anything... its more about relative semantics and being right about your own path, perception and ego design... and less about what you can do for the other... a very bad sign... that the force you love so much is not actually present within you and that even if you tried harder you could not because your stuck in your own ruts... this is not conducive to a learning environment and less becoming of a true Jedi... I would say: its just a matter of time and their won't be many left now... the real hardcore ones that actually change the world with their intentions and actions and are not caught up in their reactions and ego offended when someone has something to say about service...

You say that without learning about the people you're aiming that at, what they do day-to-day, their practises, and their training. Before pulling the trigger, perhaps try to identify friendlies. :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #314883 by
Define "true Jedi" for me because I don't think there is a definition to a "true Jedi" because there is no one answer. Arisaig does have a point, all you see is what we write on here, you don't know what kind of person someone is outside this virtual world. Being judgmental is not very Jedi like, by the way.

just saying, with utmost respect.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

More
6 years 1 month ago #314884 by Zenchi

JEDIONE777 wrote: Sure you don't seem like you all want to learn anything... its more about relative semantics and being right about your own path, perception and ego design... and less about what you can do for the other... a very bad sign... that the force you love so much is not actually present within you and that even if you tried harder you could not because your stuck in your own ruts... this is not conducive to a learning environment and less becoming of a true Jedi... I would say: its just a matter of time and their won't be many left now... the real hardcore ones that actually change the world with their intentions and actions and are not caught up in their reactions and ego offended when someone has something to say about service...

"You all?"
Excuse me, but have you taken the time to get to know me, or anyone else here? I barely post in the forums as it is, how can you make such claims at the general membership here like that when you've only scratched the surface?

One other thing, please don't mistake "your version" of Jediism as "the version" to judge all others, because everyone here is walking their own path, some are having a hard time if it just to get through the day sometimes...

We're also not the only Jedi site in the net, if for some reason we don't live up "to your standards" there are other sites who may very well do so...

I hope you find what it is you seek....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #314885 by
Being real with your emotions and authentic with your being is more important than blind judgements I will give you that... what is not ok is the crushing of diversity for diversities sake.... this is a very old game that has been going on for a very long time... factions have fought for it and died for it... learning what? That the entire world is but a reflection of their reality.... and nothing but a mirrored perception... upon which that neutral observer within your own mind is not active to the point of being conscious this is the great shame... ill talk more tomorrow for now I must get some rest... be do... try not...

More
6 years 1 month ago #314886 by Rosalyn J
Though that is true, special attention should be given to our disposition precisely for that reason. It doesn't do well to behave in one manner and then say to another who is discouraged by it, "you don't know the real me"

This is all we get, and you control what you put out here. More perhaps than any other medium of communication

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

More
6 years 1 month ago #314888 by Zenchi

Rosalyn J wrote: Though that is true, special attention should be given to our disposition precisely for that reason. It doesn't do well to behave in one manner and then say to another who is discouraged by it, "you don't know the real me"

This is all we get, and you control what you put out here. More perhaps than any other medium of communication

What manner? I'm still clueless as to what were really talking about, lol! Specifics people, please....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

More
6 years 1 month ago #314890 by Manu

JEDIONE777 wrote: This is exactly the attitude I am talking about: the spirit of serving: what an earth is wrong with that... please enlighten me... I find these forums discursive and without proper aim, clarity, reality and defining collective goals: besides becoming enlightened whom ever said it was just this... its the action in the world that matters not the being whom enacts it...

Alexander,

I'm curious about what you mean with "collective goals". What kind of change would you like to see around here?

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #314895 by
I find this temple has put a lot of effort and time into all of this, with that being said I beliee that the privacy of the journals and the way to become a member should possibly change.
those who do believe iin the force and all the teachings of jediism should be allowed to be a member and yes those who don't believe right now can end up believeing in the future but hear me out.
I have been here a month and I already see controversy between jedi and others. and I see memebers who obviously don't truly believe in the force and ethir treat this a roleplaying or just something to do and yes there are guests who are serious about bettering themselves and still ont believe in the force. but yes the amount that should be done in the field of guests would not just make member here who have been memebers for years more comfortable itll make a lot of emotional tension disappear and unneeded drama disappear.
with all this being said here is what I personally believe that shuld be changed to making becoming a member more of a jedi experience.

Within the application to becoming a jedi one must first fininsh a brand new original IP one specifically made to become a jedi and with that time period of accepting the application we valuate the answeres. (I'm not saying we have to be strict but actually vary leanyent) I mean anyone can become a believer in jedi ism and we don't want this to be anything negative but the ip members program should be
about our beliefs
the way of the force
and the way of the jedi
just so before anyone becomes a member they will have a great understanding on what it means to be a true jedi. a real jedi.

and anyone wanting to learn more about jediism will have no problem watching or reading the IP just to get a better understanding of who we are. I strongly believe that alone will solve a huge amount of problems.

Deeply,
Bradly Thomas
May the force be with you.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #314896 by

Bradly wrote: I find this temple has put a lot of effort and time into all of this, with that being said I beliee that the privacy of the journals and the way to become a member should possibly change.
those who do believe iin the force and all the teachings of jediism should be allowed to be a member and yes those who don't believe right now can end up believeing in the future but hear me out.
I have been here a month and I already see controversy between jedi and others. and I see memebers who obviously don't truly believe in the force and ethir treat this a roleplaying or just something to do and yes there are guests who are serious about bettering themselves and still ont believe in the force. but yes the amount that should be done in the field of guests would not just make member here who have been memebers for years more comfortable itll make a lot of emotional tension disappear and unneeded drama disappear.
with all this being said here is what I personally believe that shuld be changed to making becoming a member more of a jedi experience.

Within the application to becoming a jedi one must first fininsh a brand new original IP one specifically made to become a jedi and with that time period of accepting the application we valuate the answeres. (I'm not saying we have to be strict but actually vary leanyent) I mean anyone can become a believer in jedi ism and we don't want this to be anything negative but the ip members program should be
about our beliefs
the way of the force
and the way of the jedi
just so before anyone becomes a member they will have a great understanding on what it means to be a true jedi. a real jedi.

and anyone wanting to learn more about jediism will have no problem watching or reading the IP just to get a better understanding of who we are. I strongly believe that alone will solve a huge amount of problems.

Deeply,
Bradly Thomas
May the force be with you.

That would mean defining Jediism, restricting it and cutting out those that don't meet that standard. More likely than not, that would cut out a bit of leadership, and we need those.

A new IP won't change things, sadly. Anyone can bull and do the IP, new or old, and still not be a Jedi. How would you determine who is and who is not a Jedi? I know a few around here that may not consider me one, and have straight up said it to me. But then there are others that call me an excellent example of what it is to be a Jedi. Who is right, who is wrong?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi