What would help the Temple Be A Better Place? Suggestions please...

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Topic Author
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
6 years 8 months ago #289988 by Neaj Pa Bol
In regards to other posts, this area is for Suggestions. Please keep the rhetoric, unfriendly or angered or smart-alecky remarks out of this topic.... Use this section to suggest ideas that one would think would help the Temple in areas throughout the Forums... Anyone using this topic for Shout Boxing, Hurtful, etc., this area will be moderated.....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289996 by
Okay. I'll start. *ice breaking noises*
I'd like to see us supporting more causes. I'm sure if we banded together to raise funds, for things like childhood diabetes or wounded warriors, we could make some magic happen. That would be pretty exciting.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #289997 by
Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but I did like the idea of the journals being a bit more secure. Is there anyway that, perhaps, it can be made so that only the original author and the knights can comment on it?

I feel like a lot of people may post VERY personal stuff on there and everyone has access.....maybe it can be done so that people who are, at least, initiates, can view them and not just guests.

I don't know, just my two cents ^^

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #290000 by Zenchi
I'd like to see MORE input from council members. I pm'd most of the "active" council members (with the exception of Wes and Ros who already commented) to please READ Mad Hatters file he and a few other members had spent valuable time in composing and then POST comments in the thread "Tea for your Midicloreans" and none have bothered to follow up and do so. You want suggestions, there......

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Edan,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #290002 by
It is nearing time for the offices at TOTJO to have a real accountability and description to them. As one would have in any successful church.. people don't just do when they feel like it.

While our offices do have descriptions, the accountability is not there yet. Council members should be participating within the temple in a very open fashion. I see it from some, but not all. That was just a piggy back on Zenchi's comment.

I believe that we should still stop supplying free editions of the copyrighted material used in the IP. I know it's hard... but, we should be supporting the authors or their estates... even if they're dead. I say that as an artist who would not want my material just distributed for free without my permission. Oh.. and that supposed back room agreement John has with the publishers? idk... It doesn't sit well with me. Sorry.

I believe that we should continually be revamping the IP. Somebody suggested adding Prometheus Rising to the IP, and it got me thinking that perhaps we should do more module-style than anything else. I believe that we should have a subject, then provide many ways for people to accomplish that subject. Multiple book options... movies... lectures. people learn in different ways.

I believe we should fix the damn chat. ;) But, I've already aired my grievances there.

I'll think of more...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #290003 by
Seconding Zenchi, more visible participation from, involvement by and transparency of Council is way overdue. If the work of Council is taking you away from the community you're supposedly leading, then the work is wrong and the way you go about it needs an overhaul. Leaders shouldn't be strangers... their actions shouldn't only be clear to themselves.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #290004 by

Connor L. wrote:
I believe that we should still stop supplying free editions of the copyrighted material used in the IP. I know it's hard... but, we should be supporting the authors or their estates... even if they're dead. I say that as an artist who would not want my material just distributed for free without my permission. Oh.. and that supposed back room agreement John has with the publishers? idk... It doesn't sit well with me. Sorry.

While I agree wholeheartedly with this comment, you also have to think of the people who want to do the IP but are not able to afford the books. This was one of my worries when I started the IP and was glad when I saw that they were available to all. A lot of churches have libraries in it where it's members are able to borrow books to read, why can't we do that here as well? (as long as it's done correctly, of course).

If people have to pay to learn, they you will probably get lots of complaints about how "this is only for people who have money to pay for a membership" and might even give this place the horrible name of "pay to praise".

Just the way I see it :)

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #290005 by Rosalyn J
I'm pretty available, transparent, so much so that I am a ghost. I'd like to see more conversation about training materials :).

Also, lack of funds ought not be an impediment to learning. We may be able to put money into a fund for the purpose of purchasing the books for individuals who cannot

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eleven

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #290006 by

Rosalyn J wrote: I'm pretty available, transparent, so much so that I am a ghost. I'd like to see more conversation about training materials :).

Also, lack of funds ought not be an impediment to learning. We may be able to put money into a fund for the purpose of purchasing the books for individuals who cannot

Not a bad idea but think of all the people who get halfway through the IP and leave....it's almost a waste of money, in my personal opinion. Unless they were apprentices, that is and even then, it is risky.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #290008 by
Vlad,

A library system would be amazing. I'm not sure what the procedure would be in creating an actual lending library. Sharing digital copies is different than sharing physical copies.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/brookings-now/2014/06/09/why-copyright-law-allows-you-to-borrow-a-book-but-not-share-a-digital-song/

I'd be happy to help try and figure that out... anything except this free-for-all we have going on here. It is not our information to give away for free. That's the problem. The temple has no right to really make it pay-to-play either, since they don't own this intellectual property.

If we were to create our OWN information for the IP (something also oft discussed), this wouldn't be a problem. And, the temple would never charge for that information either, which is just fine with me.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi