What would help the Temple Be A Better Place? Suggestions please...

More
3 years 5 months ago #355039 by Edan
This kind of thing should be sent to a knight, not posted here. You are right, I will lock this thread if this continues.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #355041 by OB1Shinobi
I have said everything that I wish to say. I hope that my words will be allowed to stay so that the community will know my position but I wont come back and cause drama, either way.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, ZealotX

More
3 years 5 months ago #355078 by ZealotX
With respect to all parties OB1's posts are relevant here in the sense that I believe the "Outer Rim" was broken off from the Temple Forum in order to allow a zone with less regulations, where anyone going there would be responsible for their own safety; where the consequences of what you say can come in the form of how another poster responds.

The "Outer Rim" in Star Wars is akin to the wild west. While it doesn't mean no sheriffs should exist there, it does mean that moderators shouldn't be sensitive. I go to the Outer Rim because I want to have adult conversations with other adults. And yes, I like debating. And when a good thread is locked I feel unduly punished by it as well because I didn't get a chance to participate. I think everyone deserves the opportunity to be heard on an issue or topic without trying reboot it.

So my suggestion is.... moderators should not only have rules of engagement but also understand that debate tactics can also include red herrings and ad hominem attacks and these are things that we have to learn how to handle if we're going to go out there and fight for a better world. How can we do this effectively if we aren't even allowed to spar with each other in the safety of our own website?

If a poster feels attacked and that the conversation has crossed a line they should PM the person they have a problem and try to work it out. Only after they've done that and made a good attempt at amends, should they be allowed to contact a mod who should then have a conversation with both parties, make a ruling, and only lock the thread if the parties cannot abide by the ruling. But the mods should have to say who was in the wrong and specifically what was wrong in what they said. Otherwise, no one can really learn from it and it will simply frustrate people until no one wants to start new and interesting threads. And that's not what you want. So I'm asking you please, for the greater good, please stop locking threads in the Outer Rim.

Thank you for considering this humble request.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, OB1Shinobi, TheDude, Kwitshadie

More
3 years 2 months ago #357358 by Kwitshadie
We can organize charities, it would be cool to help attract honorable attention in the communities we serve. :)
As far as the website goes, it would be cool if I can find more pictures that can go successfully in my album :)

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering ~ Yoda
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J, Diana W

More
3 years 2 months ago #357359 by Rosalyn J
I like your idea about the charities. I'm not sure what to do about the albums, but believe me. This is known and I hope it get fixed

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwitshadie

More
3 years 2 months ago #357362 by Kwitshadie
Thanks good luck with the Picture issue.
Please feel free to let me know if the charity gets off the ground. The Pacific Northwest is nicknamed the “Churchless Belt”, so there is an opportunity to fill in the spiritual vacuum in my neighborhood. :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
3 years 2 months ago #357373 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of the things I find in ministry is the need. There is a need for much in this world but who will fill it? Then I remember it was my idea in the first place. There are many people in thei very Temple who do this very thing in the real world, SERVE THEIR LOCAL COMMUNITY. There is much to be desired on this area of our life. The local life.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kwitshadie

More
3 years 2 months ago #357395 by Kwitshadie
That’s really cool. Other than that I got no beef.
Awesome cause :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi