• I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago #169737 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Rants far and wide

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Brenna wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote:

Brenna wrote:

Kitsu Tails wrote: This is a church isn't it? With supposed bishops and Religious heads, yes? So why not open up a "Confessions" e-mail where you can constructively rant out your troubles to someone supposedly certified to handle such things?

Theres not an email (i dont think...) but most people use PM or skype to talk to the clergy when they need to. Though, they dont let you just spew, some actually expect you to work on doing something about it :D

Which is why i was making it a suggestion.

"supposedly certified to handle such things" - care to elaborate?

What is there to elaborate on? I am pretty sure my words were quite clear. But as you wish.

Supposedly = According to what is generally assumed or believed IE: I am not sure as I am just a novice here and don't know the manners of religious order and actions here at TotJO.

Certified = Trained to aide in counseling/priest/confession

....to handle such things. (See Certified)

*nod* makes sense.

So you feel that speaking with someone who is certified in counseling training is potentially a good method of helping people deal with emotional stuff?

Yes. And so do many others.... since you know, Counseling and priests who take confessions are quite common. Speaking for myself, yes. I do.

Even though the training that certified counselors undergo in order to hold that qualification is based on our understanding of human emotions and behaviors that comes from decades of "studies"?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #169743 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic Rants far and wide
I used to PM Jestor and rant from time to time. And he never gave me advice or what to do, he just listened.

It was nice.

I would eventually work out what ever issue I had and tell him about it later and he would just say something like, “that’s good.” And smile.

When this thread first started I envisioned it being something like that, but for the public. I should have known it would become a pissing contest to see who is right and who has the better opinions.

My rant is, why in the hell do we have to Butt heads at every corner over every little thing? It just seems so pointless. Is it good for me to rant? Probably not. Did I hurt someone’s feelings? Most likely. And you know what? Sometimes I think we all need a little slap in the face as a wakeup call.

Go ahead, complain and argue away… prove me wrong.

Okay, I guess I’m done.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, J_Roz, Alexandre Orion, Brenna, Edan and 4 other people also said thanks.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 5 months ago #169749 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Rants far and wide
I was listening, and smiling....;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion, Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169751 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Jestor wrote: I was listening, and smiling....;)

Aren't you always? :)

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #169752 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide
Good luck getting that confession, the line starts over here BTW...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Zenchi.

More
9 years 5 months ago #169753 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
I think...
I am having a hard time right now...
The one person who I counted on to always listen...
We''re separated now.
I have been very lonely and feeling no-one else new what I was going through. Then I made an off comment thread about how some people just needed to blow off steam and maybe we should have a place for that so the rest of the threads could enjoy a little more peace and constructive discussion.

I ... Was happy at the response to this...
I thought maybe everyone else needed a place like that...like me.
A few simple rules to keep fights from breaking out or hurt feelings and we would all have a place we could go to where somebody would listen...even if it was just a moderator.

But that was expecting too much and I was a fool. It became every other thread.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Brenna, Tarran

More
9 years 5 months ago #169754 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide

rugadd wrote: But that was expecting too much and I was a fool. It became every other thread.

Honestly, rugadd, I'm going to disagree with you. You were not expecting too much. You were expecting the bare minimum of respect that we, as people, as humans, as Jedi, should show other people.

It was us that screwed up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kit, Tarran

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #169755 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Rants far and wide

rugadd wrote: I think...
I am having a hard time right now...
The one person who I counted on to always listen...
We''re separated now.
I have been very lonely and feeling no-one else new what I was going through. Then I made an off comment thread about how some people just needed to blow off steam and maybe we should have a place for that so the rest of the threads could enjoy a little more peace and constructive discussion.

I ... Was happy at the response to this...
I thought maybe everyone else needed a place like that...like me.
A few simple rules to keep fights from breaking out or hurt feelings and we would all have a place we could go to where somebody would listen...even if it was just a moderator.

But that was expecting too much and I was a fool. It became every other thread.

You know, there is no reason why you cant still do that.

And Im going to disagree with Steam here. Threads are organic. They change. Journals are set aside for the purpose of speaking without interference. The forum is not.

In all seriousness though.

If you want someone to just listen, there are many in the temple who cherish the opportunity to offer a safe haven for people to talk out what they are going through. Myself included. Reach out if you need to.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor, Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 5 months ago #169757 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Brenna wrote: If you want someone to just listen, there are many in the temple who cherish the opportunity to offer a safe haven for people to talk out what they are going through. Myself included. Reach out if you need to.

I second that (unless someone beats me to it before I click submit...then I'll take third or...whatever).

There's no need to create threads to blow off steam or rant when you can be honest and open with us about what's going on in your life. You've got a pretty good support system here. :)

More
9 years 5 months ago - 9 years 5 months ago #169793 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic Rants far and wide
%$#&@*! I HATE IT WHEN MY MEGAFRAKKIN' PHONE JUST SITS THERE GOIN' *DUUUUH* WHEN I WANT IT TO DO WHAT I FRAKKIN' *TOLD* IT TO DO, LIKE FIVE FLIPPIN' MILLENNIA AGO!! THE TECHIES WHO MADE IT ARE SODDIN' GOBSHITES WHO DON'T KNOW THEIR ARSES FROM THEIR ELBOWS AND BLEEDIN' TWAGGITS WITH THE COLLECTED BRAINS OF A SINGLE SEEDLESS GRAPE!!

*sigh* Wow... that felt good! :D

Thanks - I needed that ;) lol

Apprentice to J. K. Barger
Last edit: 9 years 5 months ago by Tarran.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi