Rants far and wide

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173277 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Why do people say "anxious" when they mean "eager"? WHY?!?

Anxious - experiencing worry, unease, or nervousness - "The way you are driving is making me anxious"

Eager - wanting to do or have something very much - "I'm eager to join you for dinner tonight"

You are not "anxious" to go to Disneyland. You are eager. Well, unless you have a phobia of man-sized mice or you hate waiting in lines for hours.

Oh... and stop writing "would of" as in "I would of gone, but I was tired." "Would've" is a contraction of "would have". Just because it sounds like "would of" when spoken, that does not mean you are allowed to write it that way.

That is all.

~Grammar Nazi :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173282 by

Senan wrote: Oh... and stop writing "would of" as in "I would of gone, but I was tired." "Would've" is a contraction of "would have". Just because it sounds like "would of" when spoken, that does not mean you are allowed to write it that way.

That is all.

~Grammar Nazi :)

OH MY GOD THANK YOU! I see this all the time on this site and just in writing in general. I just can't take people seriously when they write that.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173290 by

Edan wrote: This is me ranting that I can't post my rant here. Grr.

Go for it! :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173380 by
I hate restrooms with automatic, motions sensing lights that turn off while you're still in the stall. Even technology judges me if I spend too much time in there. LOL

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173389 by
OMGosh Goken! Me too.

My apartment building has all our common areas on timers! One time I was writing a research paper, and the lights went out every five minutes because I wasn't moving or anything... I had to wave my arms frantically for them to turn back on. hahah. It was so funny.

More
9 years 3 months ago #173393 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide
Yeah ... lights ... :dry:

Wait 'til you guy get in one of those that has an over-enthusiastic self-cleaning system ! :ohmy:

Makes you hate droids all over again ... :angry:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173396 by
Wait WHAT?! Explain more about this magical thing?

More
9 years 3 months ago #173398 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide
It isn't magick ... it's a machine -- a stupid one. :angry:

It is a public toilet that has a self-cleaning system ; you go in, do your thing and when you close the door on the way out, there is a time when no one else can open it (not long, 2-3 minutes) where it cleans itself. :blink:

But, it can get confused and when you close the door to go in, it thinks you're leaving ... So, it effectively locks you in and hoses you down with a fine mist of anti-bacterial gook. And while you're standing there thinking "wtf !" it is spinning the toilet around at 72 rpm all frothy-like and not even playing a tune ...

:S

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Zenchi, Breeze el Tierno,

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #173400 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic Rants far and wide

Alexandre Orion wrote: It isn't magick ... it's a machine -- a stupid one. :angry:

It is a public toilet that has a self-cleaning system ; you go in, do your thing and when you close the door on the way out, there is a time when no one else can open it (not long, 2-3 minutes) where it cleans itself. :blink:

But, it can get confused and when you close the door to go in, it thinks you're leaving ... So, it effectively locks you in and hoses you down with a fine mist of anti-bacterial gook. And while you're standing there thinking "wtf !" it is spinning the toilet around at 72 rpm all frothy-like and not even playing a tune ...

Hahahahahaha!

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Wescli Wardest, Alexandre Orion,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #173420 by

Alexandre Orion wrote: It isn't magick ... it's a machine -- a stupid one. :angry:

This might be the best thing I have read all week. Possibly all month. Thank you!

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi