Rants far and wide

More
9 years 3 months ago #175113 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Rants far and wide

V-Tog wrote: Kohadre, if it was intended to be ironic, I think you're going to want to clarify pretty sharpish because it really doesn't come across like that...

The way I read it, I assume that you are being serious...

And if you are not, you may want to look at how you communicate irony in future because I'm sorry to have to say this is really offensive :(

Yes, it was intended in a harsh, dark, ironic sense.

My posts aren't meant to be read clear and to the point. I write in a fashion that provokes a response from people, I always have and I always will.

I like pressing peoples buttons, pulling them out of their comfort zone in order to test just how objective, and emotionally uninfluenced they can remain when discussing issues that bring out their most intense emotions.

Clearly, I succeeded in that goal, as I usually do.

You Jedi have quite the reputation to live up to due to your code, doctrine, and creed. I enjoy trying to make you fail in upholding that reputation, if only to identify those here who are truly capable of adhering to what they claim to believe.

I am a dark person, in the sense that I am extremely bitter and negative.

I hate the culture in this country, and I have found that the only way people ever find the motivation to change things, is when you inflame their emotions to the point that they want nothing else but to change the status-quo.

So, if I have to piss off, disgust, or offend a few people to get the changes I am looking for, to verify that those who claim to represent objectivity, and emotional nihilism, actually uphold those values.

Then I have absolutely no problem with that.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ben, Amaya

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175114 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide

Jestor wrote:
This is a rant thread....

This is not a discussion thread...

We try not to censure anyone, and he is as entitled to his opinion as anyone...

Unpleasant as it is sometimes... :dry:

i understand.
I just believe that the individual with his opinion, (any individual and any opinion in general), will take his opinion outside the rant.
Thank you for the respond.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
9 years 3 months ago #175115 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Rants far and wide

Kohadre wrote: Yes, it was intended in a harsh, dark, ironic sense.

My posts aren't meant to be read clear and to the point. I write in a fashion that provokes a response from people, I always have and I always will.

I like pressing peoples buttons, pulling them out of their comfort zone in order to test just how objective, and emotionally uninfluenced they can remain when discussing issues that bring out their most intense emotions.

Clearly, I succeeded in that goal, as I usually do.

You Jedi have quite the reputation to live up to due to your code, doctrine, and creed. I enjoy trying to make you fail in upholding that reputation, if only to identify those here who are truly capable of adhering to what they claim to believe.

I am a dark person, in the sense that I am extremely bitter and negative.

I hate the culture in this country, and I have found that the only way people ever find the motivation to change things, is when you inflame their emotions to the point that they want nothing else but to change the status-quo.

So, if I have to piss off, disgust, or offend a few people to get the changes I am looking for, to verify that those who claim to represent objectivity, and emotional nihilism, actually uphold those values.

Then I have absolutely no problem with that.

I just said via PM, I really HATE when people do this stuff...

It is childish, and attention seeking....

Creating drama for the sake of drama, to sit back, and smile, and say, "ooohhh, look how cool I am..."

Sad...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Edan,

More
9 years 3 months ago #175118 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide

Kohadre wrote: You Jedi have quite the reputation to live up to due to your code, doctrine, and creed. I enjoy trying to make you fail in upholding that reputation, if only to identify those here who are truly capable of adhering to what they claim to believe.

It seems then, you have a misunderstanding of what "we" believe, seeing as how the assumption lumps all of us together and then paints a picture that "we" believe we are beyond having naturally human reactions and responses to others.

I suppose this shows more about you than us, would it not? ;)

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Edan,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175119 by

Simple rules:

1. Anyone can post a rant.
2. Nobody can respond to another persons rant in this thread.
3. No rant can name a specific person.

It's just a rant. Let it go.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175120 by

Avalonslight wrote: to realizing that the "all men are created equal" and the "certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" apply to everyone.

I am a big fan of Thomas Jefferson and I just recently posted in my journal about how much I admire him. His ability to recognize the injustices in the culture and society of his time while also recognizing that he was part of that culture is just part of what makes him an inspiration to me. The man who wrote "all men are created equal" was a rich white man who depended on slaves for his livelihood. The fact that he still understood the need for change speaks volumes about who he was as a man.

I mention this because I think it has relevance in this conversation. Perhaps Kohadre could have gone about making his point in a different way, but the fact that he recognizes the injustices plaguing a culture he is a part of and desires a change also speaks volumes about who he is as a person. We can't change it if we won't address it, and address it he did.

Now... back to the RANTING! :angry: :)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175122 by
If i ever get involved with politics, please do a favor to humanity and shoot me in the head. :woohoo:

More
9 years 3 months ago #175123 by Alexandre Orion
Replied by Alexandre Orion on topic Rants far and wide

Exarchias wrote: If i ever get involved with politics, please do a favor to humanity and shoot me in the head. :woohoo:

Yeah, why the hell not ...

... we haven't had any good scandalous assassinations here in Europe for quite a while now. :whistle:

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175125 by

Alexandre Orion wrote:

Exarchias wrote: If i ever get involved with politics, please do a favor to humanity and shoot me in the head. :woohoo:

Yeah, why the hell not ...

... we haven't had any good scandalous assassinations here in Europe for quite a while now. :whistle:

We have a deal! :D
My 15 mins of fame. :whistle:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175127 by
I hate when I order cool things online and I have to wait to get them in the mail. Granted, the anticipation kind of makes it all the better when things do come in.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi