Developing tk/pk

More
7 years 6 months ago #259953 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Re:Developing tk/pk
My only experiences with both elements occurred during a psychotic episode, so although the experiences were incredibly real to me, perspective from those around me provided a very different version of events.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

So long and thanks for all the fish

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #259962 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Developing tk/pk

Zenchi wrote: Of course not, you're too busy with "socializing" in the forums to have time for the study that's required to become a Knight right ;)

According to my Master's testimony at the time, I was about half way there before I even began to "socialize", if you must know. In terms of the sheer amount of relevant content I have absorbed since, I'm pretty sure I would be qualified, too. Despite this I am going out of my way to not presume any authority on matters of Jediism and instead leave it to those who identify with the label more strongly and who are formally recognized to be more qualified than myself. When I say that I do not care about rank or progress on the path, I am referring to that formal path and I do mean that I do not care about it, not that I'd be too lazy or too dumb to walk it again.

I'll leave it to the judgement of your fellow Jedi whether this is a fair assessment.

Really, lol seems like you've already made that "assessment" for everyone...

Interesting. Could you maybe quote the passage that seems to you like I did any such thing, ever?

I don't believe you should get to shrug off every lie you tell yourself and every superstition you come to hold because of that as just another part of your Jedi path and find it frankly something of an insult to your Jedi brethren...

Well...if that's all it takes to insult you Gist, (or anyone else for that matter) than you're probably not cut out for this afterall...

I pick my wors with care. I intentionally elected to call it "something of an insult", leaving it open just how insulting I find it to be and "to your Jedi brethren" leaving it open whether that includes myself at all or to what extent, but making sure that it includes those who do identify more strongly with the label and perhaps might not take very kindly to being told that self-deception is part of their lifestyle or worldview.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259967 by
Replied by on topic Developing tk/pk
I keep telling myself do not post any more things on this forum
Obviously I'm not that smart
It looks like this post needs to stop no one seems to be learning anymore
I only came to this forum because I thought it was the only place to share just a few of the many 100% true stories that have happened to me personally that many people have witnessed
I'm not on drugs I don't believe in fantasy land and I'm not very good at spelling either
You can call me a liar or a crazy person I'm okay with that
In the famous words of the Rodney King beatings in LA
Can't we just all get along
Thank you very much to those who have let me express myself and speak thank you again
And to those who wanted to argue the point here's a little story
A few boys all went for a swim in the lake 2 of the boys came out and said the water is really cold the boy who did not go in said that's not true I know it's warm you guys are crazy and delusional
Just a hint the water might be cold

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #259972 by

forceuser wrote: And to those who wanted to argue the point here's a little story
A few boys all went for a swim in the lake 2 of the boys came out and said the water is really cold the boy who did not go in said that's not true I know it's warm you guys are crazy and delusional
Just a hint the water might be cold

Yes but cold is a subjective thing. How do you know the boy on the shore does not consider the water warm? How do you define cold? What is cold for one person many not be for another. In the end 'Cold" is not a part of science - Temperature is. You can argue that something is "cold" all day long but until you can prove the temperature is significantly below what is considered normal, or below normal human body temperature, however you want to define it, The phrase "its cold" is meaningless. Along those same lines, you claim to be able to throw baseballs with your mind. However that claim is meaningless until you can show some sort of empirical evidence that proves your claim to be true. Beyond that there is no reason to believe your claim because there has never been any definitive evidence anywhere that shows that claim is even possible.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259979 by
You're right again the boy on the shore must be right the water is warm everyone knows that thank you again for clarifying that

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259982 by
I think they are just saying, that terms like cold are kind of subjective like the term beautiful. My wife thinks it's hot if it's above 70. I think it's cold if it drops below 80. So what is cold to me, is hot to her. So all the boys could be right, as Obi Wan says from a "certain point of view".

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #259985 by

forceuser wrote: You're right again the boy on the shore must be right the water is warm everyone knows that thank you again for clarifying that

LOL now your just being obtuse. A statement about whether the water is cold or not is a subjective thing - meaning both the boy on the shore and the boys in the water can be right at the same time. Its a matter of perception, Just like the idea of whether or not you can through a baseball with your mind. You may have truly experienced a phenomena where you were able to through a baseball with your mind. However just because you have experienced that does not mean I have to accept your claim. Just like the boy on the shore does not have to accept the other boys claim that the water is cold. My stance is one that "the water is warm" so to speak.

Now if the boys in the water take a thermometer and measure the temperature of the water and prove that it can actually be defined as something that is "colder" than normal human body temperature, they can take that evidence to the boy on the shore and prove to him that the water is in fact cold using the scientific tool of a thermometer and predetermined parameters as to what cold is. I think that is all anyone is asking for here. A "measure of the temperature of the water", to put it in the terms of your story.

I, nor anyone else here, has ever said that PK or any other paranormal phenomena cant exist. We have only ever said there is no evidence for its existence and therefore we take the default stance of skepticism that it exists. Now I would absolutely LOVE for you to show me that I am wrong. You have made the claim that I am wrong. Because of that it is your place to show evidence of that claim. That's all anyone is asking for. If you have truly tapped into something beyond what we normally perceive as reality that would be the most amazing thing in the world. I think you would have droves of people that would be willing to have you teach them. However as a critical thinker I just don't see the need to go on any snipe hunts for magical invisible unicorns until such unicorns are shown to be real. Do you understand?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259986 by

A statement about whether the water is cold or not is a subjective thing - meaning both the boy on the shore and the boys in the water can be right at the same time.

The equivalent is someone from Florida in winter telling someone from Alaska its cold out.

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #259989 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Developing tk/pk

... I am only a lost student carrying two empty cups

are you carrying them with your mind?

A few boys all went for a swim in the lake [strike]2[/strike] 1 of the boys came out and said [strike]the water is really cold[/strike] "i just made out with a beautiful mermaid" the boys who did not go in said that's not true you are crazy and delusional"
Just a hint [strike]the water might be cold[/strike] there might not be any such thing as mermaids

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 6 months ago #259991 by
I think this is the wrong forum for most of you guys asking questions like wher the boys from different states was the cup empty how can you be sure it was empty what color was the cup how can you be sure what color it is maybe someone is color blind I think this is the wrong forum for you guys best of luck guys keep learning all you can

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi