×
Next Saturday Hangout July 18, 2020 17hrs GMT to 19hrs GMT in Discord (11 Jul 2020)

Our next hangout will be July 18, 2020 17hrs GMT to 19hrs GMT in Discord

The link is here: discord.com/invite/nhZvH6T

Developing tk/pk

More
11 Sep 2016 13:53 #256736 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Developing tk/pk

Zenchi wrote: First of all, the topic is "developing tk/pk," and that's the title for those who can't read. Second, doesn't really matter what "you say" as you're not a moderator.

Neither are you, but you are nonetheless welcome to explain how either a critical position or a response to another one on the topic is a derailment while this right here isn't.

This most certainly is a place of growth and learning, thirdly you're also not a teacher, and it doesn't seem you or Khaos are here to "grow & learn" but Instead hack away at anyone's theories which aren't locktight as both of you are excellent debaters, fully know it and feed from the conflict.

Not only teachers can learn and not only from teachers can anyone else learn. If you find that an environment where no critical opinions are voiced is a better place of learning, if you are opposed to the socratic dialogue (if I may so arrogantly give myself that much credit), you are welcome to try and ban it from TOTJO, but until you have, I have done nothing wrong and owe you no apology.

People are becoming hesitant to express their views here for fear of being ridiculed by the two of you.

Well, if there was so much as one person I ever ridiculed over anything during my time here, I could understand such fears. But I haven't, and I don't. Now, I do suppose that some are hesitant to express themselves on subforums that encourage public discussion, for fear of their views being challenged. Because I cannot relate to that I have no words to comfort them, but I do understand why they might suspect that there is this risk.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because this too shall pass boys...

Is that a threat? :side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 14:49 #256740 by Khaos
Replied by Khaos on topic Developing tk/pk

This most certainly is a place of growth and learning, thirdly you're also not a teacher, and it doesn't seem you or Khaos are here to "grow & learn" but Instead hack away at anyone's theories which aren't locktight as both of you are excellent debaters, fully know it and feed from the conflict.


Actually, I am an educator. You could argue I am not one here in any official capacity, however, it is also here that people will also argue that anyone can be a teacher, regardless, of age, rank, and affiliation.

So, unless YOU believe you have nothing to learn from anyone other than official TotJO resources then it is you who doesnt seem here to "learn and grow" but just be comfortable in a box "expressing your opinions" without any sort of critical approach.

This is not growing and learning, it then becomes a small pond dedicated to padding fragile egos that cannot handle anything more than agreement to their views.

Hmmm, so then, what is it that is being grown here? Because for all your accusations of ridiculed and such, im sorry, thats weak sauce.

More it seems what is being grown then, is a weakness of constitution and character.

Is TotJO a place where everyone gets to be right? Regardless of topic and belief?

Well, that way you can go through life never having to "grow, and learn" at all.

Enjoy it while it lasts, because this too shall pass boys...


Yes, it will, one way or the other, and regardless of consequence I suppose it will be too much to actually expect anything to have taken anything away of value here other that if they dont like something that challenges their worldview they can possibly complain enough to make it go away.

Too bad for those people, as life will seldom offer such luxury.

Hugs and Kisses.
~Khaos~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 20:29 - 11 Sep 2016 20:31 #256771 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Developing tk/pk

Gisteron wrote:

Zenchi wrote: First of all, the topic is "developing tk/pk," and that's the title for those who can't read. Second, doesn't really matter what "you say" as you're not a moderator.

Neither are you, but you are nonetheless welcome to explain how either a critical position or a response to another one on the topic is a derailment while this right here isn't.


How about the thread author and a forum moderator? If your not discussing developing TK/PK or going with a related offshoot then you'd seem to be offtopic to me, and since it's also explicitly counter to the topic by arguing against it - it's probably deserving a thread split..... which would be messy, which is my forum moderators don't appreciate that sort of derail IMO. The difference between derailment and a thread evolving is the the relation to the topic - but in my eyes anti-topic does not count and therefore locking would be inappropriate. If it continues on... then I'll look at splitting it, letting the other one be the least understandable, and enforcing it going on. That is my opinion anyway, other mods might disagree... but then again I'm a bit grumpy today.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 20:31 by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 20:39 #256772 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Developing tk/pk
Could I humbly suggest that at this point, this thread's purpose is now the 'derailment' and not the original post...

Moderator

All progress is progress

Contact me if you like: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 20:40 - 11 Sep 2016 20:42 #256775 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Developing tk/pk
Are you volunteering to split them? :lol:

I din't like people shutting down conversations by arguing against the topic, and thread locking is an equivalent result. I'll make an assessment about splitting, and if not defer to the thread creator in regards to locking.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 20:42 by Adder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 20:42 - 11 Sep 2016 20:43 #256777 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Developing tk/pk

Adder wrote: Are you volunteering to split them? :lol:

I din't like people shutting down conversations and thread locking is an equivalent result. I'll make an assessment about splitting, and if not defer to the thread creator in regards to locking.


Not my job anymore :P

Perhaps just start a new thread for the original subject and rename this one?

I'm sure though that as a mod we were encouraged not to lock a thread just cos the thread creator wanted it (not saying at this point that Ryu does).

Moderator

All progress is progress

Contact me if you like: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 20:43 by Edan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 20:46 - 11 Sep 2016 20:47 #256778 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Developing tk/pk

Edan wrote: I'm sure though that as a mod we were encouraged not to lock a thread just cos the thread creator wanted it (not saying at this point that Ryu does).


That would assume it was my only reason, and as I said I'd ask. If I already knew I wouldn't need to ask... so to me that should tell you I would be using that piece of information as an additional factor in my decision - not the main factor.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 20:47 by Adder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 20:57 #256780 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Developing tk/pk

Adder wrote:

Edan wrote: I'm sure though that as a mod we were encouraged not to lock a thread just cos the thread creator wanted it (not saying at this point that Ryu does).


That would assume it was my only reason, and as I said I'd ask. If I already knew I wouldn't need to ask... so to me that should tell you I would be using that piece of information as an additional factor in my decision - not the main factor.


I think you misunderstood a little what I meant (or I wasn't clear enough).

Either way, I don't think closing this thread is the right option, and now I'm derailing the derailment that is arguably no longer a derailment... so this is my last post!

Moderator

All progress is progress

Contact me if you like: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, OB1Shinobi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 22:34 - 11 Sep 2016 22:40 #256790 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Developing tk/pk
im just curious if anyone - anyone at all - has, at page 7, an opinion on tk/pk which is at all different from the opinion they had at page 1?



Edan wrote:

Adder wrote:

Edan wrote: I'm sure though that as a mod we were encouraged not to lock a thread just cos the thread creator wanted it (not saying at this point that Ryu does).


That would assume it was my only reason, and as I said I'd ask. If I already knew I wouldn't need to ask... so to me that should tell you I would be using that piece of information as an additional factor in my decision - not the main factor.


I think you misunderstood a little what I meant (or I wasn't clear enough).

Either way, I don't think closing this thread is the right option, and now I'm derailing the derailment that is arguably no longer a derailment... so this is my last post!


best post of thread, for so many reasons B)

If you cant breath then none of us can.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2016 22:40 by OB1Shinobi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2016 22:46 #256792 by Kyrin Wyldstar
Replied by Kyrin Wyldstar on topic Developing tk/pk
Seriously? It was respectfully asked if contrary opinions would be entertained and that was approved. So that was embarked upon. So now why this discussion on what is appropriate to counter the original content?

This guns for hire, even if we're just dancing in the dark.
My Journals: Kyrin-Wyldstar

Associate Degree of Divinity - Earned July, 2017
Apprenticed to: Alan, Senan, Mendalicious
Tribute to Senan: My Friend
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: EdanKobosBrick