IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Initiate Programme Update

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #136508 by
A thank you to Arcade for helping me proof read it all :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #136519 by
This is kind of awesome.

Thank you!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #136553 by

ren wrote: That's because they'd been moved to the personal tools and religion lessons. I find the religion lesson painful to look at.

Which lesson (lesson 6?) and why do you say that ren?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #136729 by
I think under temple doctrine should also include how the council and other parts of totjo work. Perhaps as excercise 6? Just my opioin B)
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 2 months ago #136872 by ren

Akkarin wrote:

ren wrote: That's because they'd been moved to the personal tools and religion lessons. I find the religion lesson painful to look at.

the essay about swords or lightsabers and whatnot had been turned into symbolism exercise in religion lesson.
(anti)thesis/Synthesis had been moved to a fourth exercise in personal tools.

I say that because I had put quite a lot of thought into the religion lesson to make it bigger (more exploration needed) and more free (exploring concepts found in religions, not specific religions). Your changes look rushed, and I find the whole thing butchered.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven

More
10 years 2 months ago #136881 by Zenchi
Its a work in progress, like life itself. Its received quite a bit of positive feedback so far....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #136884 by

Zenchi wrote: Its a work in progress, like life itself.

+1

More
10 years 2 months ago #136897 by Lykeios Little Raven

ren wrote:

Akkarin wrote:

the essay about swords or lightsabers and whatnot had been turned into symbolism exercise in religion lesson.
(anti)thesis/Synthesis had been moved to a fourth exercise in personal tools.

I say that because I had put quite a lot of thought into the religion lesson to make it bigger (more exploration needed) and more free (exploring concepts found in religions, not specific religions). Your changes look rushed, and I find the whole thing butchered.

Bon apres-midi, Ren!

I didn't realise you were active once more! I am glad to see you still contributing.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 2 months ago #136911 by ren

Zenchi wrote: Its a work in progress, like life itself. Its received quite a bit of positive feedback so far....

And I am glad people like the structure. What saddens me is to see my work reduced in quality instead of improved. I mean, even the bonus exercises are gone? No more krishnamurti, no more carl sagan? What's the point of changing nothing except the structure?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 2 months ago #136968 by

ren wrote:

Zenchi wrote: Its a work in progress, like life itself. Its received quite a bit of positive feedback so far....

And I am glad people like the structure. What saddens me is to see my work reduced in quality instead of improved. I mean, even the bonus exercises are gone? No more krishnamurti, no more carl sagan? What's the point of changing nothing except the structure?

lol, did you ever work on the Council ren?

What is easier to do? Changes step by step, or 10 changes all in one go. Each piece of material is discussed and agreed upon before anything is implemented, so we can either wait several months to discuss each thing or we can make this change and then discuss new material separately.

I could have just put everything you had on there straight into the IP and then it would have been removed (probably by Jestor :P), because I have no right or authority to do so.

How much bitching was there when I re-did the entire FaQ in a single go? :D (because I rewrote so much they didn't have time to properly check it all) Jestor even brought that up and reminded me how things are better done step by step...

:)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi