Psychometry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332586 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry
Uhh??? What?

I did not misspeak. I'm still not seeing why you think I equated psychometry with racism??

You asked for evidence that false belief can lead to those things. I gave you many examples. How have I not shown that?

I also did not say jedi should support the eradication of such thoughts. I said they should be interested in ending undue suffering caused by such thoughts.

Also, I never said faith cant be mapped to reality. I said it cant be RELIABLY mapped to reality. This leaves it useless as a viable source to identify truth.

And I also said claims such as this should be rejected without supporting evidence. Belief without good reason is faith and that is not reliable so it must be relegated to the realm of falsehood.

Your failure to comprehend these simple well defined thoughts is getting monotonous.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332596 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic Psychometry
Literally a direct quote from your posts, I fail to see anyone misunderstanding what you are saying. Unless, you have a hidden metaphor everyone is missing, at which point I would consider rewording it so that we can comprehend your simple well defined thoughts.

If someone is misunderstanding you do you try to teach them how to, or do you tell them they are wrong because they missed out on what you meant?

Just a thought,
Much Love, Respect and Peace to all,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
5 years 3 months ago #332599 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Psychometry
I see ‘em trollin’, I see ‘em hatin’ :laugh:

I think it says something about us when we feel so strong a need to be understood by someone who clearly does not care to even try to communicate within the bounds of typical conversation.

But of course our superstitious, nazi-bound minds predispose us to misinterpreting the words of the one and true ranger of Truth (yes, with a capital “T”).

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago #332600 by Kobos
Dey see me trollin dirty, trollin dirty............

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332603 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: We talk of the false belief in psychometry here but what about the false belief that black people are not fully human that Nazis believe?

If this is the quote you "haters" are referring to, this quote does NOT equate psychometry with racism. It equates false belief with racism, or at least the possibility of racism in one aspect. So I will ask again, where have I equated psychometry with racism?

More
5 years 3 months ago #332604 by Kobos
So you are using psychometric as false belief that can be dangerous, you then point out a false belief (your quote) as an example of how this can lead to that. So, it what way is that not equating?

e·quate /əˈkwāt/Submit
verb-gerund or present participle: equating
consider (one thing) to be the same as or equivalent to another.
"customers equate their name with quality"
synonyms: regard as the same as, regard as identical to.

Meh? Or can you please present it in a different way that doesn't in the view of your audience equate to racism.

Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332607 by

Kobos wrote: So you are using psychometric as false belief that can be dangerous, you then point out a false belief (your quote) as an example of how this can lead to that. So, it what way is that not equating?

e·quate /əˈkwāt/Submit
verb-gerund or present participle: equating
consider (one thing) to be the same as or equivalent to another.
"customers equate their name with quality"
synonyms: regard as the same as, regard as identical to.

Meh? Or can you please present it in a different way that doesn't in the view of your audience equate to racism.

Kobos

once again. Im not equating PSYCHOMETRY with RACISM.
Im equating FALSE BELIEF with RACISM.

This means I'm only equating both psychometry and racism with false belief.
You are conflating that into me saying I'm equating psycometry with racism That is not accurate.

What is so hard to understand??

More
5 years 3 months ago #332609 by Kobos

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: This means I'm only equating both psychometry and racism with false belief.

There we go was it that hard to put into one sentence what we were all looking for! Though really, you were equating the 2 by DEFINING them both as false beliefs leading to negative consequences but that's neither here nor there? Now, let's dig deeper, of all the false beliefs you could have chosen i.e. Mind Control, Good Micheal Bay movies, Elvis Lives ect. why did you pick racism to use as an example? Nuance can be a good thing don't always jump for extremes or they will slowly define you.

Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332610 by

Kobos wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: This means I'm only equating both psychometry and racism with false belief.

There we go was it that hard to put into one sentence what we were all looking for! Though really, you were equating the 2 by DEFINING them both as false beliefs leading to negative consequences but that's neither here nor there? Now, let's dig deeper, of all the false beliefs you could have chosen i.e. Mind Control, Good Micheal Bay movies, Elvis Lives ect. why did you pick racism to use as an example? Nuance can be a good thing don't always jump for extremes or they will slowly define you.

Kobos

I cant tell if you are being intentionally dense or if you truly could not see that point before? I.E. are you messing with me?

And if you look back through my text you will find that I actually did not focus on racism. In fact I put forth a bunch of negative consequences of false belief. You are the ones that focused on racism alone and you keep coming back to that. I can only assume at this point it’s because you are trying to discredit me unfairly.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Of course importance is subjective. I would put forward that dependence on belief or faith that cannot be mapped to reality is not a good foundation to base action on. It causes fallacy, cognitive bias, projection, misogyny, bigotry and violence. We talk of the false belief in psychometry here but what about the false belief that black people are not fully human that Nazis believe? This goes from just ignorance to potentially quite damaging. Why would you tolerate one but not the other?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Nazis have an ideology that is obviously damaging as I described in my last post, but so does psychometry. It is just a bit more subtle. Have you ever watched psychics on tv that have caused intense and undue suffering in the name of these psuedo scientific quackeries? Sylvia brown telling the parents of a missing child that the child is dead only to have the child be found a year later. This sort of predator of emotional extortion for money is unforgivable in the realm of causing undue suffering.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I never related psychometry to racism. I equated false belief to the possibility of leading to racism, just as I have done with the other things I mentioned. This does not make it a strawman but a statement supported by actual fact. I have proven those claims – that claim being that false belief can lead to those things, when I talked about Nazis. If you want further, I can cite the Christian crusades, Christians hunting witches, Muslims flying planes into buildings, the Muslim treatment of their women as second class citizens, the killing of gays. The list can go on and on.

Once again, I never said psychometry is the same as racism.

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332612 by Kobos
I did get what you were saying. So. I was being purposefully dense, not just to mess with you though, more in the sense that I wanted to see the whole argument strung together the way you were intending it. I think sometimes the wholeness of a thought or view point degrades when it is a series of posts, so by leading it this way, albeit a little shadily, we come to a point where you expressed the entire view in one post (mostly, enough for someone who has not read thru the whole thread to get) which is devoid of personal pot shots.

I would counter argue with you on this, we cannot prove psychometry to be true, we earlier in the thread discussed no reliable way to test it. This said though I agree that it is very unlikely to be real it is not deserving of the idea being entirely fought against or eradicated. That said I hate falling on the "What If" train but well, what if? Particularly in fields of nuero-science, brain operation and psychology we are still discovering things all the time, destroying the pursuit of something as benign as this could in fact become a hindrance to furthering those fields. That said if it were going to be true it would most likely need to be confirmed in the form of brain waves. For example a place may make you feel like you are being watched but that can be the effect of magnetic fields on the micro-current operating your brain. If it can go one way it would seem possible it could go the other. Meaning the current within the brain waves could effect outside objects, however, at this point it is minute enough to be un-measurable.

Much Love, Respect and Peace
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Kobos. Reason: Tori spellin

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi