Why is the govt shut down. Dems or reps?

More
6 years 3 months ago #312880 by Kit
I don't know who to blame, but I just hope they understand the problems they cause for folks and that it's worth it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312882 by Zenchi
Warning: Spoiler!

I did talk with him, and yes, he did tell you to tone it down...

No one in Washington is free from blame, period. Republicans are having fingers pointed at them by democrats arguing that they're stalling on immigration measures in attempts at forcing consessions that would protect the "dreamers" while the Republicans blame the Democrats for refusing to go along with what they say are recent proposals on short term spending measures...

The argument that one side is more to blame than the other is rather lame imo and only continues to push the idea of who's right vs who's wrong instead of people actually bothering to pay attention to what's right in front of them, a system that is quite obviously broken and no longer works for the benifit for the people but instead it's own selfish interests...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
6 years 3 months ago #312883 by Carlos.Martinez3
My 2 cents but I think it's funny that the ... money guy calls for the first years inventory and no one want to agree aka no one wants to put their name on the official paper that's says what goes where and who gets what.
In my previous line of work when inventory was done and this problem arose it means some one didn't want to get cought. Aka no one wants to put their name next to numbers and " accountability" smh shaking my head. So they shut down. More to it than dems and reb s ....

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312888 by
It goes beyond immigration. These funding issues have been put off for months. The shutdown tactics themselves have precedence. Back in 2013 the government shutdown for 16 days because Republicans didn't want to fund ACA. It's truly a failure to communicate and work together for the people.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312889 by

Zenchi wrote: I did talk with him, and yes, and he did tell you to tone it down...

Yes we had a conversation, I never denied that. However it was me that contacted him first. That was my point. All parties were warned to tone it down, not just me.

On the DOCA issue, my understanding is that the current administration ended DOCA - terminating in March, which will allow for the deportation of illegal immigrants brought into this country as minors but are now adults. The democrats want some concessions on this and that is what they are stale mating for.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312894 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote: I did talk with him, and yes, and he did tell you to tone it down...

Yes we had a conversation, I never denied that. However it was me that contacted him first. That was my point. All parties were warned to tone it down, not just me.

Whatever you say sir ;)

On the DOCA issue, my understanding is that the current administration ended DOCA - terminating in March, which will allow for the deportation of illegal immigrants brought into this country as minors but are now adults. The democrats want some concessions on this and that is what they are stale mating for.

Yeah, done stated that in the previous post, but thanks for repeating it again lol...

Here's some more material to regurgitate the next time someone needs to make a point that actually has nothing to do with the subject at hand...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/21/government-shutdown-2018-polls-blame-353728

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Zenchi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312896 by

Zenchi wrote: Whatever you say sir ;)

Are you looking for a fight? If so I'm your huckleberry...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312897 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote: Whatever you say sir ;)

Are you looking for a fight? If so I'm your huckleberry...

AAAaaaannd off the rails it goes again. The one that makes a thread should be the most interested in keeping it on track. EDIT: Stop picking fights where there is none. No matter how much the wind howls, the mountain does not bow down to it.

But honestly, this thread has been made a thousand times before in the past year. Politics does not help us grow as Jedi, if anything it tears this place apart. Calling for this thread to end.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

More
6 years 3 months ago #312902 by Br. John
Here's what a Republican senator has to say. From CNN https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/lindsey-graham-wants-anti-immigration-nut-stephen-miller-booted-from-negotiations-we-are-going-nowhere/

January 21, 2018

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Sunday warned that President Donald Trump’s hard-right policy adviser Stephen Miller was preventing legislation that could end the current government shutdown.

On day two of President Trump’s first government shutdown, Graham told reporters that he was hopeful for a Sunday “breakthrough” that could re-open the government.

But he also cautioned that Trump policy adviser Stephen Miller could kill any immigration deal. Graham suspects Miller is responsible for scuttling an earlier deal on so-called Dreamers after Trump had agreed to it.

“Every time we have a proposal, it is only yanked back by staff members. As long as Stephen Miller is in charge of negotiating on immigration, we are going nowhere,” Graham reportedly said.

Founder of The Order

More
6 years 3 months ago #312903 by MadHatter
This thread is going off the rails yet again. This is the last time I will address the matter before more strict measures are taken. We as Jedi ought to be able to discuss politics without acting like infants. Politics impact our lives in many ways and as such, we need to learn to deal with them as Jedi and speak about them as Jedi.

However, the next person to derail this thread will get it locked for a period of time. As such the next person to derail this thread shall go in time out as long as the thread is locked plus half a day. This will happen 10 minutes after this post is active to give people time to see this post so that I do not enact this against someone typing while I type.

Knight of the Order
Training Master: Jestor
Apprentices: Lama Su, Leah
Just a pop culture Jedi doing what I can
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Judge, Avalon, Zenchi,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi