Why is the govt shut down. Dems or reps?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312822 by
Seems like Trump has been able to accomplish in 1 year what Obama could not do in 8 years. Because of this the dems are butt hurt and just resisting for the sake of resistance only. It does not seem very jedi-like behavior to me. What are your thoughts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312823 by
What did Trump accomplish now that Obama couldn't in 8 years?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312824 by
The list is endless but let's start with taxcut!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312825 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: The list is endless but let's start with taxcut!

Endless? What else? Besides golfing a third of his first year away when he swore he'd be "too busy" to golf at all, getting the government shut down despite criticising it when Obama did the same thing, ect ect...
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312826 by
Oh I get it. He managed to get the government shut down in one year, when it took Obama 5. That is pretty impressive, if I'm honest... and rather bold, considering he's the best president ever according to the most reputable person, himself, and is in fact fixing things.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312827 by
I'm sensing some hostility... h es created over 2.2 million new jobs and pushed the economy to levels it has not seen in decades. Minority unemployment is at a decades all time low and the future is brighter than it has been since Reagan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #312828 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I'm sensing some hostility...

If you look for it, you will find it. :) But I offer none.

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: h es created over 2.2 million new jobs and pushed the economy to levels it has not seen in decades. Minority unemployment is at a decades all time low and the future is brighter than it has been since Reagan.

Yes, same as many presidents before him, but they did it with more tact and grace, with presidential behaviour rather than attacks and belittling.

But the fact stands the government is in shutdown after a single year, and he has the audacity to blame the Democrats. He's in charge. The one in charge is at fault for everything that happens, good or bad. He can't claim to be helping and then blame others for shortcoming of his office.

As for if it's Jedi-like behaviour for them to act like this... prolly not, but they ain't Jedi now are they?

EDIT: But alas, I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in threads destined to implode, yet here I am.
Have a good night ya'll. May the Force guide this conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #312829 by Carlos.Martinez3
So when people don't want to work ... we keep them in their job? I say fire em if they don't want to work and get new blood. It would put a stop to all that silliness u think?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312830 by
You are weak if you choose to not engage and defend your beliefs.

In any event. The one in charge is not the facilitator of the final say as is the very structure of our republic. To blame him alone is to further your point as a failure of logic. In fact our republic is a system of checks and balances and in this case those balances are out of bounds. But as the design of our great republic this two will be corrected. Trump is the instrument of this correction.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 months ago #312831 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: You are weak if you choose to not engage and defend your beliefs.

I need not prove anything to anyone, and I cannot prove anything to anyone. If it was worthy of my time to a person I respect, then perhaps I would, but this debate is not worth it.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi