Why is the govt shut down. Dems or reps?

More
6 years 2 months ago #312846 by Br. John
My proof convinces the ignorant, and the wise man's proof convinces me. But he whose reasoning falls between wisdom and ignorance, I neither can convince him, nor can he convince me. ~ Kahlil Gibran

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Judge, UUJedi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #312847 by Br. John

Attachment Trump_TP.jpg not found

http://amzn.to/2DppNu0

Attachment Hillary_TP.jpg not found

http://amzn.to/2DoS5VB

Disclosure. The Order gets a commission.

Founder of The Order
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheDude

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312848 by

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: You are weak if you choose to not engage and defend your beliefs.

I need not prove anything to anyone, and I cannot prove anything to anyone. If it was worthy of my time to a person I respect, then perhaps I would, but this debate is not worth it.

You openly admit you do not respect me and yet you choose to respond to me in this thread. You are nothing but a hipocrite and any action I chose to enact against you is justified in that regard. Any respect I held for you is nullified.

Please cease and desist sir...

Honestly I ask, cease and desist in What? Participating in a thread? I have threatened no one and I have broken no rules that I am aware of. So what exactly am I to ceace in?

More
6 years 2 months ago #312851 by UUJedi
I thought about writing something, tried to write something, and quit. So this is what gets posted. I tried, but I'm done.

"The Light, It will guide you."
The following user(s) said Thank You: thomaswfaulkner

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312852 by

UUJedi wrote: I thought about writing something, tried to write something, and quit. So this is what gets posted. I tried, but I'm done.

What does that even mean? Why post anything at all?
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by .

More
6 years 2 months ago #312854 by Zenchi

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: You are weak if you choose to not engage and defend your beliefs.

I need not prove anything to anyone, and I cannot prove anything to anyone. If it was worthy of my time to a person I respect, then perhaps I would, but this debate is not worth it.

You openly admit you do not respect me and yet you choose to respond to me in this thread. You are nothing but a hipocrite and any action I chose to enact against you is justified in that regard. Any respect I held for you is nullified.

Honestly I ask, cease and desist in What? Participating in a thread? I have threatened no one and I have broken no rules that I am aware of. So what exactly am I to ceace in?

You've already been contacted by a moderator because of your abusive language and trollish behavior, so the reasoning should be quite obvious sir....

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nicole Judge

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #312861 by
Ultimately all involved are to blame. Yes, the Dems want to insure DACA gets secured. It was already ruled in 9th district that we must continue accepting DACA renewels and 70% of Americans support DACA according to a CBS poll put out just a week ago. The budget deal could have been made if the Senate majority would have taken the views of the people they represent into consideration.
Another issue is that Congress has put off funding the fiscal year. It started in October but hasn't been funded. Instead we have passed temporary continuous spending bills. CHIP has been up for funding for months and it too has been procrastinated. All-in-all, we cannot blame one party when it takes two to tango.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312866 by
With the exceptions of a few unnescessary gripes and personal attacks this is a very important discussion. What we tend to forget is that we choose people and they forget why they are choosen and do not have our intrest at heart. Its the same in the Netherlands , only difference is that its like a village here and its easier to keep eachother accountable. The sad truth is that we are all to blame, we are the people. The government and police are the people , if you want them to change , start thinking from a source of love and not of fear . Be the example, you may be right, but no peace comes from being right.

More
6 years 2 months ago #312868 by UUJedi
It simply means that I've heard so much about this my mind is tired. I hate when people outside politics argue as if they're running for office. An inability to admit "it takes two to tango" makes me question anyone in how much they have truly understood the Jedi necessity for empathy and the ability to understand each side and articulate it. It also needs to be tactful as the Jedi shouldn't want to strip the dignity off someone else. This is why I hate much of politics: no substance, just personal attacks.

More in one year than in eight? What metrics are you using? What examples do you have? How are these examples being understood? For instance, unemployment: which calculation are you using? Economists argue about it all the time because the formula is manipulated. Also, accomplishments may differ friending on our personal background: what you consider to not be an accomplishment I may and vice versa.

I, personally, think the government shutdown is the system's fault. The parties have realized that it can be used to both of their advantages to try and not give into the minority party. It's a tactic to get away from substance and back to tribal argumentation.

This is why I am tired. Why post what I did? To ensure that those in the thread, hopefully, become more mindful of their words and if the fact that there are many who are tied of banter but may be interested to see what the opposite side of the room actually thinks (in terms of facts and reasons). I hope this clarifies my post. :-)

"The Light, It will guide you."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 2 months ago #312879 by

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

You've already been contacted by a moderator because of your abusive language and trollish behavior, so the reasoning should be quite obvious sir....

No that's incorrect. In fact I contacted the Moderators first. Check with Hatter, he will confirm.

But back to the subject, which is also not the accomplishments of Trump this year. JLspinner is right, the current dilemma seems to hinge on the DOCA issue. The current administration ended DOCA but the Dems want more discussion on it or they wont fund the govt. From either side it could be said the other side is at fault. But in reality it seems the Dems continue to try and beat the dead horse of DOCA. Since it takes a super majority to pass this funding the Dems have the power right now to stop it dead. However, last I heard was that Trump was considering using the nuclear option to enact a simple majority so that the funding could be passed.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi