December Meditation Challenge

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331622 by
Replied by on topic December Meditation Challenge
When I do my Breathing Meditation it is counting in my head in sets of 3. So I breathe in and count from 1 to 6. Pause a second. Breathe out and count from 6 to 1. I do this three times. It also helps to envision the number in your minds eye as well. Then I breathe in and count from 1 to 7. Pause and breathe out and count from 7 to 1. Again, I do this 3 times. Then I go to a count of 8 and repeat the process. You can go to 9 and 10 counts if you so desire. I usually go to 9 and do it three times and then go back to the 7 count and just do it until I feel ready to stop. I use the 7 count for the 7 Chakras.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331625 by
Welcome aboard, Chinzu!

I was taught that sometimes the practice is just sitting still while your brain does its thing and having that frustrating experience. ;)

The first thing I'll do if I find my mind drifting, though, is to check my posture. Straighten the spine while I inhale, relax my legs while I exhale. Repeat a couple of times. Then bring my concentration back to my center.

If I really can't concentrate (a bit ago during the first week after a friend passed for example), I will get out beads and chant a mantra out loud to force everything else down.

I just in the past week finished the best book on meditation I've ever read. It's called "How To Meditate" by Lawrence LeShan. He draws parallels between meditation systems from a number of traditions, and provides examples that are not bound to any specific tradition. My library system had a copy, yours might as well.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331634 by
20 minutes for today! Almost through the month!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331643 by
Does sipping coffee while murmuring silently to myself about wanting to be back in bed for a half hour count as meditation?

No?

Half hour of corpse yoga it is then. ;p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331645 by

Kasumi wrote: Welcome aboard, Chinzu!

I was taught that sometimes the practice is just sitting still while your brain does its thing and having that frustrating experience. ;)

The first thing I'll do if I find my mind drifting, though, is to check my posture. Straighten the spine while I inhale, relax my legs while I exhale. Repeat a couple of times. Then bring my concentration back to my center.

If I really can't concentrate (a bit ago during the first week after a friend passed for example), I will get out beads and chant a mantra out loud to force everything else down.

I just in the past week finished the best book on meditation I've ever read. It's called "How To Meditate" by Lawrence LeShan. He draws parallels between meditation systems from a number of traditions, and provides examples that are not bound to any specific tradition. My library system had a copy, yours might as well.

Thanks for advises ! I will definitely try that !

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331662 by
Day 2 : 5 min meditation + 15 min martial art positions combined with breathing Technics

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331663 by
Thank you CenturyLink for your epic fail that is service and the lack thereof for the last two days.

12/27 - 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes last night of Breathing Meditation

12/28 - 10 minutes Breathing Meditation. 3rd morning in a row of waking up nauseated... blah...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331678 by
20 minutes for today!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331690 by
10 more minutes during lunch.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #331708 by
Fifteen minutes of visualisation meditation. really looking forward to a proper weekend. XD

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi