Jedi Academy Online Bookstore - Opie Macleod

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #102097 by
Brenna.

If you are interested in a Jedi politics history lesson, especially involving Opie. You may PM me. I'm sure any of the older members of the community could help you as well. It's kind of off-topic for this specific post, in my opinion.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 11 months ago #102098 by Jestor

Brenna wrote:

ren wrote: Opie being as "outspoken" as he is against jediism,

Just because I dont know any of the history, or politics, is this the conversation that people keep eluding to between Force realism and Jediism?

Appologies if im opening up a can of worms. Jestor, please delete if its an issue.

Nope, no problem...:)

We delete very little for a reason...

But, if you are feeling guilty, cookies make good apologies too...

Just sahib's...;)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 11 months ago #102099 by Brenna

Connor Lidell wrote: Brenna.

If you are interested in a Jedi politics history lesson, especially involving Opie. You may PM me. I'm sure any of the older members of the community could help you as well. It's kind of off-topic for this specific post, in my opinion.

Yes, one of the reason I said delete if nessesary. Thank you.

Jestor, I think I am out cookied from yesterday!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 11 months ago #102102 by ren
Brenna, Opie has written a couple of articles here and there about how jediism is a pile of rubbish. google is your friend. (search "opie mcleod jediism")

Connor Lidell wrote: That's fine.

Two things, just to be thorough on my part:
1. Consider asking the user to remove the links on their own first. Too much moderation = dictatorship in my opinion. Not good for my stomach. ;) hahahaha. But, do what you'd like, of course.
2. Ignorance is not bliss.

1. there are limits in place preventing you from editing. Personally I am opposed to them.
2. Nothing to do with ignorance/knowledge. It's about not giving exposure to things we do not support, in this specific case, to things that are hostile to us.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
10 years 11 months ago #102103 by Alethea Thompson
Of note: there is no disconnect between Force Realist and Jediism because Kediism is a Force Realist Movement. The disconnect is between, specifically here, Jedi Pragmaticism and Jediism.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #102104 by
^Yup.

I tried to make that clear in my PM to Brenna as well.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #102105 by

ren wrote: 1. there are limits in place preventing you from editing. Personally I am opposed to them.
2. Nothing to do with ignorance/knowledge. It's about not giving exposure to things we do not support, in this specific case, to things that are hostile to us.

1. True. Thanks for the reminder.
2. Personally, I don't agree with this methodology. But, I respect the council's decision on that.

(900th post! Who hoo!)
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 11 months ago #102106 by Jestor

Alethea Thompson wrote: Of note: there is no disconnect between Force Realist and Jediism because Kediism is a Force Realist Movement. The disconnect is between, specifically here, Jedi Pragmaticism and Jediism.

Geez, can we subdivide the community some more?

Im assuming "kediism" is a typo? Or is this some crazy new thing?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 11 months ago #102107 by
haha, Jestor. You don't have to use the terms if you don't want to. For some, it helps to keep the philosophical distinctions separate in our heads so we know how to communicate across the community. Different places require different styles of communication.

You wouldn't advertise a work out program to a couch potato the same way you would to a professional runner. Just to be clear, that's completely unrelated to this post. I'm not trying to imply I was advertising. It was just on my mind since we've been talking about it.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 11 months ago #102108 by Brenna

ren wrote: Brenna, Opie has written a couple of articles here and there about how jediism is a pile of rubbish. google is your friend. (search "opie mcleod jediism")

Thank you, already on it.

Thank you Alethea, Connor's been very clear in his explaination of each.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi