Caged or Free?

More
10 years 9 months ago #112140 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Caged or Free?
I guess when a prisoner starves themselves it becomes considered some form of delusion (either a form of escape or the false belief in surviving without food), and then the medical intervention to keep them healthy/alive is to force feed them.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112144 by
Replied by on topic Caged or Free?
That is more like it, I think.

Escapism is unhealthy, yes?

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 9 months ago #112146 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Caged or Free?

Adder wrote: I guess when a prisoner starves themselves it becomes considered some form of delusion (either a form of escape or the false belief in could beving without food), and then the medical intervention to keep them healthy/alive is to force feed them.

Damn this thread moves quick....

Lol...

If someone loses the capacity to know what good for them, then the "caretakers" do what they think is best...

+±++++++
Earlier, someone said, about torture, how the mind could be broken...

Arent there stories of people not succumbing to torture, and being killed by the torturers?

What of mind over matter? No?

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #112147 by

Brenna wrote:

Donkey wrote:

Connor Lidell wrote: Yes, I agree with you. I don't doubt the severity of the situation.

Ren wrote

I'm not suggesting that the gvt starves the prisoners to death, simply that they do not force-feed them. Wouldn't you agree that force-feeding is a form of rape? (insertion of foreign objects into someone against their will)

No!!!! It lacks the sexual component to be considered rape

Rape is not a "sexual" violation, it is a violent one defined as forced penetration with a foreign object.

I respect your definition but my dictionary says different
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #112161 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Caged or Free?

Donkey wrote:

Brenna wrote:

Donkey wrote:

Connor Lidell wrote: Yes, I agree with you. I don't doubt the severity of the situation.

Ren wrote

I'm not suggesting that the gvt starves the prisoners to death, simply that they do not force-feed them. Wouldn't you agree that force-feeding is a form of rape? (insertion of foreign objects into someone against their will)

Rape is not a "sexual" violation, it is a violent one defined as forced penetration with a foreign object.

so if you, let's say, fist someone's throat, it's not rape?

Arent there stories of people not succumbing to torture, and being killed by the torturers?

What of mind over matter? No?

Are you saying that a mind is free if it manages to cause its own destruction to escape suffering? I think you've been watching too much matrix. :P

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by ren.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
10 years 9 months ago #112162 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Caged or Free?

Donkey wrote:

Brenna wrote:

Donkey wrote:

Ren wrote

Just so we're talking about the same thing, are you disagreeing with the definition of rape being an act of violence, or the definition of what constitutes rape?

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112171 by

Brenna wrote:

I respect your definition but my dictionary says different[/quote]

Just so we're talking about the same thing, are you disagreeing with the definition of rape being an act of violence, or the definition of what constitutes rape?[/quote]

rape[ reyp ]
noun
1. the unlawful compelling of a person through physical force or duress to have sexual intercourse.
2. any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon a person.

While I think force feeding detainees is ugly and violent I don't think it meets the definition of rape.

• Jestor
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
10 years 9 months ago #112172 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Caged or Free?

Attachment h7292026.png not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112183 by

ren wrote:

Wendaline wrote: Actually, assisted suicide is. I wonder what people would be saying if they let all their prisoners starve to death? "US Govt. Starves Prisoners!" Boo hiss.

Hehe, my point was if the US Govt. let people starve themselves to death while in prison the headlines would read as if they were forcing the prisoners to starve.

And yes, force feeding does seem like a form of rape...then again many medical things could seem that way. Like keeping 95 year old grandma alive even if she wants to die...and sometimes after she does. Revive her now!

I guess the question is what do you do with enemies of the state? Do you let them commit suicide or do you keep them alive long enough to get the information or leverage that you need? The business of government is not a pretty one.

And if you are a prisoner do you add to your own suffering by mentally and physically trying to reject everything, or do you allow yourself to calm down and try to make the best of a bad situation?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 9 months ago #112184 by
Ren threw the word rape in the convo to be salacious and to highlight abuse. I think he went to far but if you don't that's fine. The larger issue is the freedom which has been stripped away from these men.
I can imagine a world where physical and psychological pressures are so great that someone could feel not free on any level, even mentally. I think Connor disagrees.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi