11 years 1 month ago #100981 by
Life is simple, people make it complex.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100984 by

Why do I own a firearm? I like long distance marksmanship

Would you protect home and family with your firearm if bad people kicked in your front or back door and entered the house?

FYI target shooting is fun

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100987 by

Wescli Wardest wrote: Like with anything, you can legalize it or make it illegal, people will still do it and do bad things with it.

I totally agree. I find it amusing that the gun argument perfectly mimics the violent video game argument, which mimics the rock music degeneration argument, which mimics ...

It is my opinion that what the true problem with this comes down to being concerned about the wrong things, and acting from a standpoint of fear and paranoia. Read the article below - it's very enlightening. Ironically, it was written by a Texan.

Ban on Hypocrisy
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: added link - forgot to hit insert

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100988 by

Banton_Feil wrote: Ironically, it was written by a Texan.

Ban on Hypocrisy

yeah, we know all about them thar texans round here. dont we, wes?

More
11 years 1 month ago #100989 by Wescli Wardest

Rickie The Grey wrote:

Why do I own a firearm? I like long distance marksmanship

Would you protect home and family with your firearm if bad people kicked in your front or back door and entered the house?

FYI target shooting is fun

Honestly, I have a few fire arms in my home… al within easy reach at a moment’s notice. But, when I feel the “need” to grab a weapon to defend myself, my home or my daughter it is not one of the fire arms I grab first. My home is rather small and I have neighbors. None of the walls would stop a round out of any of my fire arms. And I am relatively comfortable with hand to hand combat plus, I know my home pretty well and I have given thought as to how to defend it. So, one of my swords is the first thing I grab if I grab something at all.

That does not mean that I would never grab a fire arm to defend myself, home, neighbor, friend or country… it just means that it is not always my first choice.

Monastic Order of Knights

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100994 by

Desolous wrote: yeah, we know all about them thar texans round here. dont we, wes?

Whilst I live in Texas, I'm not really a Texan, I'm from PA, as I've often been reminded that makes me a Yankee who's lost.

More
11 years 1 month ago #101014 by Wescli Wardest
Banton_Feil,

I don't think of you as a lost yankee... I know you got here as fast as you could. ;)

hahahhahahhahha :woohoo:

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #101034 by RyuJin
Banning guns....nope, won't stop the criminals...last week here in florida on back to back days 2 police cruisers were broken into, and the only things taken from them...the guns and vests...proving that criminals will go to any length to get fire arms....

I am however all for mental health screenings, background checks, and safety training requirements...or at least military experience...do I have guns? Damn straight...why? Because I like to target shoot, I like to hunt, I like to keep my skills sharp, and because I can....I'm not a felon, nor mentally unstable....I am well versed in safe handling, shooting, and care of fire arms...I grew up with them...

In my home I have easy access to several guns, swords, knives, autobatons, and other defensive weapons...now I live in an apartment, so I would never use my guns....besides all the weapons, I also have my self defense training....and my fastest line of defense, my personal protector....my overly protective pitbull

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: J_Roz, Wescli Wardest

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #101042 by
I don't think an outright ban on guns is at all possible in this country. There are hunreds of millions of them, and tens of millions of legal gun owners, many of whom, as we see, would go to great lengths to maintain ownership.

Viable gun control approaches must be discussed and implemented. I am sick of reading about the latest massacre in the news, time after time, and wondering what it will take to make those approaches a reality. If even one life is saved because of them, then I think it is worthwhile. What if it were your own life? Or your child? Or other friends and family? It shouldn't have o come to that for people to enact change, yet here we are as a nation, still in the same shape as we were before any of the other massacres.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
11 years 1 month ago #101111 by RyuJin
i do find the timing of the increase in shootings questionable...it just "feels" unusual....i had the same feeling as i watched the events of 9/11 ....something just didn't "feel" right...i can't help but think there's some political motive moving in the background...just outside of perception...

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wescli Wardest, Brenna,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi