Opinions on the new world order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100885 by
First of all i would like to address the fienstien obama admins about calling them assault rifles there not assault rifles an assault rifle is an automatic rifle meaning it continues to shoot with one pull of the trigger these guns are just like any hunting rifle they just look like assault rifles and they have high cap magazines andalso i agree we dont need guns but as long as criminals have guns i believe the people should also. And what i heard about the uk was that violent crime has gotten worse i was just stating what the FBI statistics wrote about america and increased gun ownership by law abiding citizens has decreased violent crime. But i see i have opened a can of worms on this one -note to self dont talk about politics- lol

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100888 by Adder
I think assault rifles fit in (are anything) below bolt action sniper rifles and heavy machine gun, and above submachine guns and pistols. I dont think cyclic rates or trigger mechanisms matter as much as barrel length, as there are fully automatic pistols which are not assault rifles. The argument then would be if your hunting you can use a bolt action long rifle, and for personal security a pistol, meaning no need for assault rifles.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100889 by
I think even if guns never ever existed people would still use whatever weapon they could get a hold of. Swords, lances, bows. So its not the type of weapon that needs to be controlled, its the people who own them. However even over here in the UK where gun license's are strict we still have gun crime and we have had a few people go off the walls and gone on a killing spree. There is no obvious answer other than educate to educate people better or help them achieve a better view on life so that they may cherish it and those of others around them.

Ok does that mean we need to turn them all into jedi :woohoo:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100891 by
I personally wouldn't call being "shot" a violent crime, it's quick, simple and easy to do, to me a violent crime really messes you up such as a knife attack or a beating...with a lack of "guns" there's a lack of violent crime, a knife would is more fatal than a gun shot wound...based on logic.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100896 by
I don't think a 100-200 grain weight bullet travelling at over 2000 feet a second is going to be less lethal than a knife wound. Based on physics.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100898 by
A knife can be tipped with poison, it's silent & easier to conceal...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100930 by
Handguns are also very easy to conceal.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100931 by

People will always figure out new ways to kill each other.

Getting rid of guns will not stop atrocities. If someone wanted to kill a whole bunch of innocent people, they would just load a whole bunch of explosives into a car and drive it into a building.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100932 by
as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I am not advocating disarmament. Guns just make it easier, and have since they were invented. Please reference diamond's excellent 'guns, germs and steel' for a more in depth look. An example would be spaniard conquest of the new world or the 'taming' of the wild west.

We have too many guns.

More
11 years 1 month ago #100933 by Wescli Wardest
Ooh… Andy, that’s just mean!

Why would you want to inject someone with air? Well, I know why, but it just seems a bit harsh. It appears that we will always be on the lookout for new and exciting ways to kill each other.

I wonder what would happen if we were to bend all our creative efforts to something like conservation.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi