Opinions on the new world order

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100626 by
Steamboat, by enabling I meant that:

It is too easy to get worked up, pick up a gun and kill somebody. I am reminded of the incident in china on the same day as the newton massacre where a madman attacked schoolchildren...with a knife. None were killed. Contrast that with newton. And try that with a baseball bat or ironing board. Your coun.terexample fails here.

Next, guns only kill people WHEN THEY ARE USED FOR THEIR INTENDED PURPOSE. Think about that. Baseball bats and ironing boards arre actually useful in other capacities besides murder.

As a former soldier and educated redneck, I am well versed in gun culture. I grew up with them. I still have some. But this whiole deal, nationwide, has gotten out of hand. Military grade weapons were never intended for civilians. The founding fathers could not have envisioned this situation we are in. And as far as the 2nd amendment goes, people like to leave off the 'well regulated militia' part, like the national guard, of which I was a member, when talking about it. I don't think it applies to civvies that much at all.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 month ago #100627 by Brenna
Saw a great thing recently that said "oh, you need an assault rifle for hunting... Why? Are you afraid the deer are going to shoot back?"

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

More
11 years 1 month ago #100628 by steamboat28
So, who gets to decide who can possess which weapons?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100631 by
Me.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: using a complicated algorithm i just now made up.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 month ago #100632 by Brenna

Desolous wrote: Me.

I'm okay with that.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100644 by
I had the same discussion with a room full of texans, most of whos family own at least 2 guns. And while I have nothing against texans or americans in generall ( love you guys :) ), I (and most germans like me) cannot understand the american obsession with weapons. While I am ok wih the right to bear arms to defend yourself, you do not an AK 47 or any machine gun to do so. Nore do you need it to hunt.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100645 by
I don't hunt. To me, its only sporting if your game can shoot back. Otherwise its just target practice, unless you wanna go to it with a knife or tomahawk or something.

More
11 years 1 month ago #100663 by steamboat28
Because of this:

Desolous wrote: I don't hunt.

Let me inform you why this:

Desolous wrote: To me, its only sporting if your game can shoot back.

is a little ludicrous.

The animals humans hunt have the advantage of the full benefit of their entire evolutionary experience, while humans have dulled their primal natures and senses to the point of near non-existence.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100666 by
Ludicrous? I think not. You think humans got to be the apex predators by being evolutionary tards? Think again.

Edit: saw that we have 'dulled our senses'. So what? When my 7 year old can go out and slay a rhino with the pull of a trigger, what does his evolutionary sense or the animals for that matter have anything to do with it anymore? We don't need those things. We have technology.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by .

More
11 years 1 month ago #100668 by Gisteron

steamboat28 wrote:

Gisteron wrote: Free is the people the members of which do not require arms to protect oneself from one's neighbors - not the one that has any.

Is that why any time a government wished complete compliance with its policies, or wished to ensure the unwavering allegiance of the people they invaded, they disarmed them? To make them more "free"?

Gisteron wrote: Anyone ever heard of Hobbes' "Leviathan"? There's some politics 101 education for a change.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi