Opinions on the new world order

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago #100612 by
I just wanted to know if anyone has any opinions on the new world order and if my fellow americans have anything to say on the attacks on our constitution and especially on the 2nd amendment i know were jedi but i live in Detroit and if a crack head breaks in to my house i would like to defend myself if he has a gun. Just recently someone stole my dads trailer hitch right out of our drive way why i dont know maybe for scrap but me personally i am a proud American and love my country and our history and feel the forefathers had it right. And for all else in other countries from my understanding the NWO has already taken your rights to bare arms and how has that affected your society. In America sense '91 firearm sales have increased and violent crimes have plummeted 51% i read online (infowars) that in the UK that sense they took your guns violent crime has sky rocketed is this true and how has it affected your society.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100614 by steamboat28

AMD1988 wrote: ...the NWO has already taken your rights to bare arms...

*Hulk Hogan voice*
Ain't no registry for THESE GUNS, BROTHER.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by steamboat28.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, , Brenna

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100616 by Brenna
Because clearly guns are the answer to everything.

I also happen to live in a society that has access to guns (within reason) and we have very little violent crime. In fact someone was shot and killed over a week ago and it has been front page news ever since.... yes, 1 person.

Violent crime is not the result of victims not being able to shoot the perpetrators. If there is a situation where people feel marginalized, disenfranchised or just plain desperate, there will always be crime.

There is a wonderful quote that says "If we taught every 8 year old to meditate, violence would disappear within a generation." Tolerance, compassion and understanding are a much better start than simply arming more people. It puts everyone in the wrong frame of mind.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

More
11 years 1 month ago #100617 by steamboat28

Brenna wrote: Because clearly guns are the answer to everything.

Before the advent and widespread use of firearms, it was swords. Before that, spears. In some cultures oppressive regimes went so far as to outlaw everything that even resembled a fighting weapon or style--hence the rise of the Irish blackthorn walking stick, 90% of the weapons used in Okinawan karate, and Capoeira.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100620 by
We have 300 million people, and more than that many guns. We have mass killing after mass killing. We have road rages turning into murder (had a guy sentenced to death over just that last year here). Guns used in just about every possible violent scenario, etc etc.

We don't need more guns. They seem to have only enabled this culture of violence. Also, pretty sure the UK is not more violent than the US, don't know where you are getting your stats, but I will let the brit jedi handle that one.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by . Reason: none.

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #100621 by Brenna
Also, a quick bit of fact checking brings up this gem.

According to that comparison, violent crime is twice as frequent in the UK as in the U.S.

One of the problems with such comparisons is a difference in definitions—it is important to know what constitutes a “violent crime” in the different jurisdictions. As the Daily Mail article notes, “In Britain, an affray is considered a violent crime, while in other countries it will only be logged if a person is physically injured.” [According to the British public order laws, “A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and the person’s conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.”]

Not really comparing apples with apples if you take statistics without understanding their context.

Report can be found here
http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/013582.html

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Brenna.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor,

More
11 years 1 month ago #100622 by steamboat28
I will agree that we do not need more guns, but I do not agree that guns are responsible for enabling a culture of violence. The same result could be had with baseball bats and ironing boards. I don't understand why we blame guns for gun violence when we don't blame cars for traffic accidents.

This is a symptom of a much larger social issue, because when you blame guns instead of criminals, you are effectively telling society that you are not responsible for your actions--you're deferring responsibility for your actions on inanimate objects, and it is somehow their fault. With gun violence, this is bad enough, but it's being reinforced in every area of American popular thought, as well. If your weight is out of control, we blame the portion sizes and not your self-control. If your anger gets the better of you, we blame your parents and society, not your self-control. This is a dangerous trend.

Furthermore, the tighter gun control laws are, the more firearms are restricted to two classes of people: cops and criminals. I, for one, trust neither.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
More
11 years 1 month ago #100623 by Brenna
I believe the expression is "guns don't kill people, people kill people"

The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Jestor

More
11 years 1 month ago #100624 by Gisteron
Anyone ever heard of Hobbes' "Leviathan"? There's some politics 101 education for a change.

Free is the people the members of which do not require arms to protect oneself from one's neighbors - not the one that has any.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna

More
11 years 1 month ago #100625 by steamboat28

Gisteron wrote: Free is the people the members of which do not require arms to protect oneself from one's neighbors - not the one that has any.

Is that why any time a government wished complete compliance with its policies, or wished to ensure the unwavering allegiance of the people they invaded, they disarmed them? To make them more "free"?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi