Coronavirus

More
4 years 1 week ago #350484 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Coronavirus

Cyan Sarden wrote: Whole country under lockdown since yesterday, virus spreading exponentially and more and more deaths reported.

They closed all schools here yesterday so my wife and I (both teachers) are now working overtime to move all the lessons to Microsoft Teams etc.

Force be with you and your whole hearth brother !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
4 years 1 week ago #350487 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Coronavirus
I'm pretty certain i got it about a month ago. Worst fever ive ever had and kidney pain for the first time in my life.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
4 years 1 week ago #350490 by For-Emris
Replied by For-Emris on topic Coronavirus
How are you feeling now? Hopefully better already?

Love is a manifestation of the Force that unites all living creatures ...

More
4 years 1 week ago #350491 by Vampiric_Conure
Replied by Vampiric_Conure on topic Coronavirus

ren wrote: I'm pretty certain i got it about a month ago. Worst fever ive ever had and kidney pain for the first time in my life.

Yikes!!!!! Pretty scary stuff! Glad you're better (Or so I'm hoping!)

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

More
4 years 1 week ago #350518 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Coronavirus
From a forwarded email from a family member:

The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can one know if he/she is infected?

By the time they have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% Fibrosis and it's too late. Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning. Take a deep breath and hold your breath for more than 10 seconds. If you complete it successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, etc., it proves there is no Fibrosis in the lungs, basically indicates no infection. In critical time, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air. Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and into the lungs. That's very dangerous.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

More
4 years 1 week ago #350519 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Coronavirus

Proteus wrote: From a forwarded email from a family member:

A few things in that ring wrong, so I did a google and found it debunked to some measure;

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/03/theres-a-facebook-coronavirus-post-going-viral-claiming-to-be-from-stanford-dont-believe-it/

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proteus, OB1Shinobi, MichaelD

More
4 years 1 week ago #350573 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Coronavirus
Everyone please beware of misinformation and talk to your parents and grandparents and make sure they're not getting false information too.

My mother was given some pills by her pastor to "protect her from getting corona virus from people who already have it" and I looked it up and its basically just an alternative to acetaminophen. So that's garbage. And she was also told the same BS that Geraldo said on Fox which is that you can hold your breath for 10 seconds to see if you have it.

So even if you're not worried about getting sick yourself because you're younger and don't have any major heath issues, protect your parents and grand parents. Not all of them are as internet savvy and some are more trusting than others. It's better if they overreact to the threat rather than not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, For-Emris, MichaelD

More
4 years 1 week ago #350576 by Vampiric_Conure
Replied by Vampiric_Conure on topic Coronavirus
Yeeek! Scary! Thanks for the heads up :)

Beware of dog? Forget the dog, BUDGIE IS A KILLER, TOO!

Teaching Master: Edan

More
4 years 1 week ago #350598 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic Coronavirus
Just throwing an idea out there for the temple to consider, but this seems like an opportunity for TOJO to practice what we preach and start a gofundme for corona virus.

Not only do sick people need support, but families of out of work sick people, or people out of work just because companies are getting hit hard, etc. I don't even know who all will need help but I don't think every government's response is going to fully cover everyone's expenses. So it would be nice if we could be one of the ones trying to get ahead of the damage that will certainly pile up in the near future.

Again... this is just a suggestion.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #350599 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Coronavirus
https://stanfordhealthcare.org/stanford-health-care-now/2020/novel-coronavirus.html

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/coronavirus-resource-center

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi