Coronavirus

More
4 years 3 months ago #348802 by TheDude
Coronavirus was created by TheDude
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-51235105

I don't want to alarm anyone, but there is a virus spreading fairly rapidly in China which is potentially fatal. Symptoms include fever, coughing, difficult breathing, sneezing, headaches, and potentially kidney failure.
Several cases of this coronavirus have been identified outside of China, with one case (to my knowledge) so far confirmed in the US.
Please see a doctor if you are experiencing any symptoms.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Amaya, Zenith Felwood, Jake Nislan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #348803 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Coronavirus
They thought it wasnt human-to-human initially, but either they were wrong or its mutations made it so... because it is human-to-human.

We got our first confirmed carrier in Australia today as well.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya

More
4 years 3 months ago #348804 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Coronavirus
You would think that they would lock down the 'ports as soon as this sort of thing was discovered.

I've read World War Z....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Figment

More
4 years 3 months ago #348805 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Coronavirus

Attachment 464CD63C-B724-48A7-BBBD-608AF8FFAE01.png not found

Attachment 33D621F9-C11A-47AE-ABE1-5570E68E46FB.png not found

Seems the best way to combat this is ... washing and keeping clean.

Which means it has been passing by ... not washing or doing the basics right.
My hope is it don’t kill to many. Real talk - this Corona virus is real. My heart and time goes to those who have been effected.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson, Amaya, TheDude, Trinity.Star, Jake Nislan

More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #348818 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Coronavirus
Corona virus? Are you sure its not from Mexico?

I know, i know, this is totally cereal

People are complicated.
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

More
4 years 2 months ago #348856 by Adder
CDC on Sat said it wasn't contagious during incubation period, but today China gov has stated it is.

:ohmy: :blink: !!

This is a problem because the incubation period has no symptoms and lasts 14 days. Being contagious during that time means folks won't know they've got it and inadvertently spread it. The SARS virus by comparison was not contagious during its incubation period.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-health-transmission-idUSKBN1ZP09G

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex

More
4 years 2 months ago #348888 by TheDude
Replied by TheDude on topic Coronavirus
Here is a live map for those interested: https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, fencingcellist

More
4 years 2 months ago #348891 by Adder
Interesting read;
https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1505090-20200127.htm?spTabChangeable=0

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #348924 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Coronavirus
Some of you who are old enough, in internet years (they're like dog years) will remember this wisdom of Dr McNinja -

Sometimes I am briefly concerned about my personal wellbeing with these outbreaks....then I remember I live in a nowhere town with no direct flights to anywhere interesting, and that, lately, it's been more on fire than not.....

so in terms of issues that mostly affect dense population hubs, I can, if you'll excuse the tasteless metaphor - watch the world burn (whilst I am, in a more literal sense, also watching the world burn)

(Obviously my official view is far more compassionate - I am, for the moment, out of expressionable compassion, and into, uhh....fiddling while rome....burns....so to speak....)
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by JamesSand.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
4 years 2 months ago #348925 by Neaj Pa Bol
Replied by Neaj Pa Bol on topic Coronavirus
We just had case no. 5 confirmed here in Maricopa County (AZ) in Tempe, not far from where I live...

The main thing the news here is saying is any sign of a cold, cough, fever, respiratory difficulties, especially in those with Asthma, etc. Get checked ASAP. It's Treatable and rare for fatalities...

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi